Google
  Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Guide   Web

Yu-Gi-Oh! Store
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:35 pm 
Rare Duelist

To me right out the gate for YCS Atlanta, post Legacy of the Valiant, here is the top ten decks that will be represented (in order).

10. Ghostricks- low budget and consistent.
9. Blackwing- With dragons gone 3 Whirlwind will now affect us
8. Chaos Dragons- your crazy if you ignore this deck. Sorcerer is at 2 ppl
7. Evilswarm- Ophion....
6. Maldolches- this deck is real people
5. Geargia- if they get their stratos in valiant, this deck will jump to the 2 or 1 spot
4. Bujin- Tenki boost both decks and with steady support its going to get there
3. Mermails- probably is the fastest consistent deck of the format but sided easily against
2. Harpies- as long as hysteric sign and party are unlimited this deck will make so noise
1. Gravekeepers- very, very good deck that can handle any situation with dangerous cards

Now if lightsworn gets their support (pray they don't) they could jump to the 3 spot.

This is my list, thus my opinion. Lets here yours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

I doubt Ghosts are going to be top anything. While they are fun and interesting they rely too much on a gimmick to do anything useful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:27 am 
Secret Rare Duelist

This list is awful. First and foremost, how could you forget Prophecy which is almost certainly the best deck right now? Also, Constellars, Agents, Infernity, Noble Knights, Fire Fists and I'm sure the list goes on. Most of which are currently better than half of the decks you listed as the "Top 10 Decks of January 2014 Format."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:34 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

mr.knowitall wrote:
To me right out the gate for YCS Atlanta, post Legacy of the Valiant, here is the top ten decks that will be represented (in order).

10. Ghostricks- low budget and consistent. fun but that's it
9. Blackwing- With dragons gone 3 Whirlwind will now affect us its possible
8. Chaos Dragons- your crazy if you ignore this deck. Sorcerer is at 2 ppl not a threat
7. Evilswarm- Ophion.... only as good as the meta they stop so not this format
6. Maldolches- this deck is real people yeah they could be
5. Geargia- if they get their stratos in valiant, this deck will jump to the 2 or 1 spot definitely
4. Bujin- Tenki boost both decks and with steady support its going to get there yeah no
3. Mermails- probably is the fastest consistent deck of the format but sided easily against top 3 for sure
2. Harpies- as long as hysteric sign and party are unlimited this deck will make so noise not without wind
1. Gravekeepers- very, very good deck that can handle any situation with dangerous cards wrong spellcaster archtype

Now if lightsworn gets their support (pray they don't) they could jump to the 3 spot.

Go ahead and touch it, you will be transported to the thread to pay due respect to the goddess Kamikon Wolf.

Revolution

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:02 am 
Ultra Rare Duelist

mmmm People have ruled out Chaos Dragons, Harpies and Evilswarms before, they arent decks to be underestimated... That said Firebird52's list is more likely though, and I point to a couple of those decks as to why I still think Evilswarm is a thing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:28 am 
Rare Duelist

fyreberd52 wrote:
This list is awful. First and foremost, how could you forget Prophecy which is almost certainly the best deck right now? Also, Constellars, Agents, Infernity, Noble Knights, Fire Fists and I'm sure the list goes on. Most of which are currently better than half of the decks you listed as the "Top 10 Decks of January 2014 Format."

Ok 1st I will admit I forgot about prophecy. 2nd this was my opinion and I will respect yours.

My opinion on the decks you stated

Constellar- never thought was really good. In a format they will be outpaced by several decks. Don't think they can simplify the game.
Agents- they gained support bt not enough to beat the top 3 that I listed.
Infernity- great deck. Bt WILL NOT win you the grind games. Hence their biggest weakness. Good surprise factor though.
Noble Knights- good, but won't win any tournaments especially a ycs.
Fire Fist- will be very good but HAS to simplify the game. Same level as Bujin as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:35 am 
Rare Duelist

dedoombringer wrote:
mr.knowitall wrote:

10. Ghostricks- low budget and consistent. fun but that's it can't disagree
9. Blackwing- With dragons gone 3 Whirlwind will now affect us its possible
8. Chaos Dragons- your crazy if you ignore this deck. Sorcerer is at 2 ppl not a threat very much a threat. 3 Tour Guide and a sorcerer. This deck will make noise.
7. Evilswarm- Ophion.... only as good as the meta they stop so not this format the reason agents can't be on this list
6. Maldolches- this deck is real people yeah they could be
5. Geargia- if they get their stratos in valiant, this deck will jump to the 2 or 1 spot definitely
4. Bujin- Tenki boost both decks and with steady support its going to get there yeah no post legacy you will change your mind
3. Mermails- probably is the fastest consistent deck of the format but sided easily against top 3 for sure
2. Harpies- as long as hysteric sign and party are unlimited this deck will make so noise not without wind most decks don't play mist valley or tempest, those are just win more cards unless here in the states meta
1. Gravekeepers- very, very good deck that can handle any situation with dangerous cards wrong spellcaster archtype look at their support and you'll v
Change your mind

Remember this is post valiant and the meta for Ycs Atlanta. I might not be exact, but I've been to enough events to know. The only thing I would change is the addition of prophecy where Bujin is

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:57 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

:lol:

Image Image Image
Click the images to be whisked away into magical places

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:39 am 
Parallel Rare Duelist

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:08 pm 
Super Rare Duelist

No Darkworlds? I thought they were still quite competetive, and at least better than one of the decks posted..

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am could someone explain to me why DWs aren't competetive anymore?

On a side note; When Primal Origin comes out I'll be laughing like the mad king :twisted:

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAANND!!!!

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

mr.knowitall wrote:

10. Ghostricks- low budget and consistent. No.
9. Blackwing- With dragons gone 3 Whirlwind will now affect us Maybe.
8. Chaos Dragons- your crazy if you ignore this deck. Sorcerer is at 2 ppl Possibly.
7. Evilswarm- Ophion.... Your reason is hardly justified.
6. Maldolches- this deck is real people It's okay, but once the new support comes out it will be better.
5. Geargia- if they get their stratos in valiant, this deck will jump to the 2 or 1 spot Ha, I wish.
4. Bujin- Tenki boost both decks and with steady support its going to get there Agree
3. Mermails- probably is the fastest consistent deck of the format but sided easily against Agree
2. Harpies- as long as hysteric sign and party are unlimited this deck will make so noise No more Divine Winds for loops.
1. Gravekeepers- very, very good deck that can handle any situation with dangerous cards Even with Tribute at 1 and the new support, I doubt GK will be above Tier 3.

Now if lightsworn gets their support (pray they don't) they could jump to the 3 spot. Lightsworn would be better off with thier new support, but I doubt they will be that good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:14 pm 
Parallel Rare Duelist

I hope your drunk because Noble Knights are a massive threat.

Id

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 pm 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Darkworlds are always there but easily sided against.

Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:41 pm 
Secret Rare Duelist

Here's a quick analysis of all of the decks mentioned:
Ghostrick: Yes the deck is fun and all of the monsters are cute but even with all of the support it's getting in LVAL it's flat out underpowered compared to other decks like Mermails and Prophecy. Won't be a contender.

Blackwings: This deck sucked last format and it will continue to suck this format. They're also underpowered compared to other decks. At most you'll drop 1-2 big monsters on the field per turn which is rather weak. The only two cards this deck has going for it are Kalut and Icarus Attack which, in the grand scheme of things, just aren't that threatening anymore.

Chaos Dragons: I've been playing these guys on DN a lot the past week on DN and they're just as scary as before. Note, I said just as scary, not more scary. They got a Tour Guide and that's about it. It's the same deck with the same tricks. Expect to see a lot of them at the beginning at the format.

Evilswarms: There's a reason this deck doesn't win events. Evilswarms have always been rather weak. They had a nice niche last format where the best deck flat out lost to Ophion but those days are done. Ophion's not relevant anymore and once Exciton Knight drops every deck will bow Ophion out of the water 24/7. Pandemic's cute but that's all they have going for them. The only reason they have relevance is Master Key Beetle shenanigans and good rank 4's come next set.

Madolches: You guys are acting like Madolche are going to be this big thing because of Anjelly. By the time the TCG gets that card we will very likely have a new banned list (March) and the game will be at a different state. There's not point talking about this deck now. Calm yourselves and wait Primal Origins.

Geargia: Those who put this deck down must have forgotten that it won a YCS not even a month ago in a format with 4 of each dragon ruler. While you may chalk that win up to a smart trap line up you have to also consider the fact that Karakuri variants of this deck can OTK out of nowhere relatively quickly and due to the Geargia engine this deck can also play a nice grind game. Deck's good everyone. Don't forget about it. Also, it can make Exciton Knight and Ark Knight which implies relevance.

Bujins: I'm not going to go into detail about the brokenness of this deck. The fact that tenki is at 3, the deck has multiple honests, and an unreal grind game should speak for itself. Also, it can pump out Exciton Knight and Ark Knight. A smart player would not disregard this deck, it's pretty unreal right now.

Mermails: Again, another deck I don't really have to speak for. Mermails are one of the few decks left that can truly do unfair things.

Harpies: Harpies were never defined by Divine Wind. They can search 3 monsters at a time with Sign. They can pop infinite backrow with Hunting Ground. They can flood the field with Hysteric Party. They can abuse Icarus Attack. And they're one of the few decks left that can make uber broken Rank 7's. So yeah. Also, Exciton Knight and Ark Knight4

Gravekeepers: They get a themed Vanity's Emptiness and Solemn Judgment. The deck was already decent. What more do you want people?

Lightsworns: They're getting good support but there hasn't even been an announcement for the product to reach the US. Why does anyone care about this deck?

Constellars: They're never going to be the best deck but they can pump out SOLID XYZ's that include Pleiades, M7, Omega, Starliege, Exciton Knight, Ark Knight, and Volca-Charger. All of which are relevant and threatening. You will probably see people side Light-Imprisoning and between Constellars and Bujins I don't see why not. They won an ARG circuit and it wasn't by chance or luck.

Infernity: They've always been scary and every new format everyone always picks them as a top contender and they never do much. The deck often loses to itself and probably won't compete as a result.

Noble Knights: Another deck that probably won't win a YCS or anything. They're a lot of fun and Artorigus backed by 3+ Noble Arms is gross and broken but until they get good monsters outside of Medraut they won't be consistent and they won't be able to compete with the likes of Mermail and Prophecy. One important thing to not is that they will have easy access to Exciton Knight and Ark Knight, so that may bring them to a legitimately competitive level.

Fire Fist- One of the best grind decks ever made and should not be disregarded. Bear's still bad card design and Tenki's at 3. Also, Exciton Knight and Ark Knight. Once those two cards drop though, Fire Fist will have major concern as they are very backrow reliant and Exciton Knight will clear all of it away. The fact that Tensu is now always at risk will be a major concern for those that pick up this deck. We'll see how it fairs come LVAL.

Zombies- LOL zombies have sucked for a long time and they will continue to suck. In case Blackwings haven't proven it to you, outdated decks cannot and will not compete with the new guard.

Dragon Rulers - I'm shocked that all of you are so quick to sweep this deck under the rug. They are 4 of the most broken cards ever designed and they're all still at 1. The rank 8 deck is being tested, the plant deck is being tested, the blue-eyes variant is being tested and all of the above still do unfair things. Dragon's Shrine and D.D.R. have proven to be a sufficient, and fast engine. There's no one set in stone way to build Dragon Rulers. There are many and they are still 2000+ bodies that easily replace themselves.

I wrote a lot just now about a lot of decks but in reality it's pointless to speculate about a format that hasn't even started where a ton of decks are viable. As the format shapes up and we see results through YCS's and ARG circuits the format will become defined and legitimate speculation can occur. For now, it's just my word against yours. Come January the TCG will have LVAL and Exciton Knight will arrive. Folks, if you read the whole way through then you will have noticed that I mentioned this card in the analysis of almost every deck that can run him. He alone has warped the OCG meta. Dragon Rulers are running Onslaught so they can tutor Fencing Fire Ferret and run him. Other decks have run Black Horn of Heaven for him alone. This card is very real people and will certainly impact our meta the same way. Take everything I've said with a grain of salt. I'm not expert, I am just echoing my thoughts and feelings.

TLDR; many decks, most of them competitive, some not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 am 
Secret Rare Duelist

I have to go with Bujin as the no1 deck. Mainly because there is not a lot you can side against this deck that it cant counter. It has 4 honests. 3 tenki plus 3 yamato and Susawano for searching. It can run a huge variety of unexpected cards while still being consistant. And all of this is before LVAL comes outs.

Prophacy and mermails share second. Both decks have kept thier main power plays, prophecy keeps its search engine and mermails still have massive spam and pop abilities. Finaly the best counters to these two decks are limited.

For 3-10 given the large pool of second tier decks its up in the air.

Karakuri. Given that this deck has not been touched in the dec ban list and Macro/D Fiss/Soul Drain all limited this deck can dominate.

Fire Fists. This decks success will be highly dependent on how well Exciton and S.H. Ark Knight do in IRL. If those two cards live up to thier hype then Fire Fists will fall into the well of 2nd tier decks. If they dont then Fire Fists may remain a credible threat.

Chaos. Given the massive amount of variance that this deck has and the effective death of Macro anti-meta Chaos could make a come back as a top deck. With tour back to three and sorc back to two along with the new lvl 9 plus synchros and the new rank 8 + Xyz they have a lot of options. There are still a lot of counters to Chaos though.

Noble Knights. I dont know what it is, but this deck is missing something. That one key card that will bring to tier 1 status. Like fire fists this decks fortunes may lie with how well Exciton and S.H.Ark perform IRL.

Gravekeepers. There is just too much destruction in the current format for this deck to win big. It still has too much reliance on Necrovally. Even with the new support and Magician of Faith limited I just dont see GKs doing anything major.

LSwarm. This deck is so dependent on what it goes up against. If the YCS is mainly high level decks (mermail, Karakuri Pure etc) then it has potential to top. If not then it probibly wont do much at all.

Constellar. As much as I like this deck its not going to be a consistant topper at major tournies. It has to many easy counters.

Madolche. Like Noble Knights this deck is missing that one key card. Its biggest plus is that its not really a deck expected to be top deck material so not many players will have accounted for it. On the other hand it really needs its key spells chatau and ticket to win.

Black Wings and Dark Worlds. These 2 decks are very much of the case of when they gained, so did the other decks around them only those other decks gained more. Dark Worlds continue to be a deck that can jam so very easily. Black Wings use up there resources to quickly. Both decks suffer many basic counters.

Lightsworn. This decks greatest strength is also its greatest weakness, it is highly dependent on luck. It can top but never consistantly. Given that its unlikely we will see the new Sworns any time soon Lightsworn will remain outside threat at best.

That my opinion on the matter.