YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Odd how it updated or leaked at 5:30ish.

Banned
Monkey Board(clap clap)
Kaiser Colloseum(Uhhhhhh.... Wha?)

Limited
Cir(THANK YOU JESUS!)
Dark Destroyer(THANK YOU JESUS!)
Majespecter Kirin(THANK YOU SATAN!)
Ether the heavenly monarch(Yay!)
Beatric (uhhhh... Wa?)
E-Tele(uhhhh what?)
Pendulum Call(Clap Clap)
Pathiesum and Stormforth of the monarchs(Yay!)

Semi-Limited
Maxx C(Yay?)
Thunder King Rai Oh(I would like to thank the academy for doing something right for once and letting my boy come back to 2.)
Wind-Up Magician(clap clap)

Unlimited
Thousand Eyes Restric(clap clap)
Allure of Darkness(THANK YOU JESUS!)
Gold Sarcho(NECRO BURN BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!)


So what did you think about this list? Not the worst list in fact I love this list 100% more than the last 4-5
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6684
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:21 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by moonsaber » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:09 pm

Stop you are giving me a headache
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 pm

moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:24 pm

I believe he's refering to his
ChaosDraGon00 wrote: Kaiser Colloseum(Uhhhhhh.... Wha?)
Floodgate is degen.
Image
X X

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:28 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:I believe he's refering to his
ChaosDraGon00 wrote: Kaiser Colloseum(Uhhhhhh.... Wha?)
Floodgate is degen.
And it was a problem now or later because?
The list is meant to deal with current problems and seeing as Demise is more of a problem than this is kinda... Bad.
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
Windsofthepast
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 2088
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by Windsofthepast » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:06 pm

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:I believe he's refering to his
ChaosDraGon00 wrote: Kaiser Colloseum(Uhhhhhh.... Wha?)
Floodgate is degen.
And it was a problem now or later because?
The list is meant to deal with current problems and seeing as Demise is more of a problem than this is kinda... Bad.
They preemptively hit self destruct button back ages ago. What's your point?

The fact that their solution to everyone playing Maxx "C" was to semi it instead of hitting the cards that made it so that everyone ran Maxx "C" would have been a good example of where they messed up on this list based off of your argument, instead of complaining that they hit Kaiser instead of Demise.
My thoughts on Pendulum Summoning: "Somebody played a card game and then boom! End of the world. It totally happened, just like I said; just card game -- boom! Everyone dead."

------

Constellar Guide | Masked HERO Guide

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm not complaining that they hit Kaiser I'm stating its like hitting upstart to 1 it made 0 sense in the grander scheme of things. Upstart wasn't a degenerate card it's only purpose was a 37 card deck for you and your Opp and a 11K Lp starting bonus which wasn't a huge deal. Kaiser was used in mostly stun decks such as my Orichalcos Stun, Demise Kozmos and Evilswarms. The card isn't really a threat. Yes it could be a problem and yes it can cause issues if played right but fact of the card itself getting hit is questionable. Demise has had a larger impact on the game as a whole vs Kaiser. Kaiser isn't as bad as to be banned. I see cards like Skill Drain and hell even Soul Drain having a more impactful image on the game and more likely to be banned than Kaiser. Rivalry is more impactful and maybe in the future gozen match can be impactful again. I've played both cards and between them Demise is what makes Kaiser even remotely noticeable and out of all the cards and decks I've seen it used it none of them make any sort of impact. Hell Rivalry of Warlords was more impactful in Germany Nats than Kaiser.

Is Kaiser ban worthy? TCG KONAMI thinks so.
I don't think it's worth it now and if it hasn't caused as much impact as of late why hit it now? Kaiser being banned was more of a why question instead of a does it deserve it.
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: In a parallel universe...

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by einstein » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:42 pm

Newly Forbidden:
Performapal Monkeyboard Happy. One card for both pendulum scales is a little too powerful.
Kaiser Colosseum Surprising, but logical. Kaiser Colosseum is not really a fair card.


Newly Limited:
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss Not quite sure why this card was hit (again) instead of Dante, but it will do some work in limiting the future power of BA, so it seems fine.
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch In my opinion, limiting Pantheism and Stormforth is enough to kill Monarchs, especially with the new decks that are arising. However, I guess Konami of TCG wants to make sure the deck is plowed into the dirt. I'm not complaining :^)
Kozmo Dark Destroyer Good. Dark Destroyer is the best card in a Kozmo deck, and one of the best search/tutor cards ever printed.
Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin Also good. You still have 3 copies of Bunbuku to search Kirin, but this eliminates double Kirin boards. This hit might cause pendulum players (assuming the deck still exists) to cut Pot of Desires, further decreasing the deck's power.
Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal I think this is a fair hit, although I would have preferred to have seen Dante on the list (can't make Beatrice without Dante). It's possible that BA will die now, since it was almost dead until Beatrice came out (Phantom Knights still exist, though, so I'm not quite sure). This shouldn't affect decks that summon Beatrice as a rank 6, as they usually only play 1 anyway.
Emergency Teleport This is fine, I guess... Teleport in Kozmo was pretty unfair, grabbing a Tincan or a Farmgirl.
Pantheism of the Monarchs Very good. Unfair card.
Pendulum Call I'm happy for another pendulum hit, and like Monkeyboard, this is one card for two pendulum scales, so it seems good.
The Monarchs Stormforth This card is pretty unfair as well, mostly in Monarch decks in which it is searchable. Perhaps this hit wasn't necessary, but as I said about Ehther, Monarchs are being killed.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Maxx "C" This seems fine. In a mirror match situation, if you have Maxx "C" and your opponent doesn't, you have a much higher chance of winning, since they have to either stop short at establishing an optimal field (where you don't usually neg anyway), or push through and give you massive card advantage. Slightly sad because fewer people will get decked out by Synchro Fusionist decks :P
Thunder King Rai-Oh This is great. Fewer summons these days are negatable by Thunder King, but he's still a very strong card thanks to the no-searching effect. He's also pendulum summonable, which adds to the power level. Thunder King + Kirin + Strike/Tempest/38/etc seems like a formidable field, not to mention simply normal summoning him with some backrow, since some decks can't get over 1900 without searching
Wind-Up Magician Wind-Ups deserve some love. They probably won't have any noticeable impact on the meta, even with this change. It would have been nice to have Zenmaity come back, but since Speedroid Terrortop exists, that might not be the best idea.

Newly Unlimited:
Thousand-Eyes Restrict This will do nothing.
Allure of Darkness Oh boy. I wasn't playing the game at the time of 3 Allure DAD decks, but it seems like a great deal of draw power. D/D will probably be tier 1 once Lamia comes out.
Gold Sarcophagus With Dragon Rulers gone, this is a fine change.
Image
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
*Avatar created by MysticJhn*
Image

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

User avatar
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Anti-Meta Chaos Guild
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 am

einstein wrote:
Newly Forbidden:
Performapal Monkeyboard Happy. One card for both pendulum scales is a little too powerful.
Kaiser Colosseum Surprising, but logical. Kaiser Colosseum is not really a fair card.


Newly Limited:
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss Not quite sure why this card was hit (again) instead of Dante, but it will do some work in limiting the future power of BA, so it seems fine.
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch In my opinion, limiting Pantheism and Stormforth is enough to kill Monarchs, especially with the new decks that are arising. However, I guess Konami of TCG wants to make sure the deck is plowed into the dirt. I'm not complaining :^)
Kozmo Dark Destroyer Good. Dark Destroyer is the best card in a Kozmo deck, and one of the best search/tutor cards ever printed.
Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin Also good. You still have 3 copies of Bunbuku to search Kirin, but this eliminates double Kirin boards. This hit might cause pendulum players (assuming the deck still exists) to cut Pot of Desires, further decreasing the deck's power.
Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal I think this is a fair hit, although I would have preferred to have seen Dante on the list (can't make Beatrice without Dante). It's possible that BA will die now, since it was almost dead until Beatrice came out (Phantom Knights still exist, though, so I'm not quite sure). This shouldn't affect decks that summon Beatrice as a rank 6, as they usually only play 1 anyway.
Emergency Teleport This is fine, I guess... Teleport in Kozmo was pretty unfair, grabbing a Tincan or a Farmgirl.
Pantheism of the Monarchs Very good. Unfair card.
Pendulum Call I'm happy for another pendulum hit, and like Monkeyboard, this is one card for two pendulum scales, so it seems good.
The Monarchs Stormforth This card is pretty unfair as well, mostly in Monarch decks in which it is searchable. Perhaps this hit wasn't necessary, but as I said about Ehther, Monarchs are being killed.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Maxx "C" This seems fine. In a mirror match situation, if you have Maxx "C" and your opponent doesn't, you have a much higher chance of winning, since they have to either stop short at establishing an optimal field (where you don't usually neg anyway), or push through and give you massive card advantage. Slightly sad because fewer people will get decked out by Synchro Fusionist decks :P
Thunder King Rai-Oh This is great. Fewer summons these days are negatable by Thunder King, but he's still a very strong card thanks to the no-searching effect. He's also pendulum summonable, which adds to the power level. Thunder King + Kirin + Strike/Tempest/38/etc seems like a formidable field, not to mention simply normal summoning him with some backrow, since some decks can't get over 1900 without searching
Wind-Up Magician Wind-Ups deserve some love. They probably won't have any noticeable impact on the meta, even with this change. It would have been nice to have Zenmaity come back, but since Speedroid Terrortop exists, that might not be the best idea.

Newly Unlimited:
Thousand-Eyes Restrict This will do nothing.
Allure of Darkness Oh boy. I wasn't playing the game at the time of 3 Allure DAD decks, but it seems like a great deal of draw power. D/D will probably be tier 1 once Lamia comes out.
Gold Sarcophagus With Dragon Rulers gone, this is a fine change.
Love your input I agree with all of those. :)
Image
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by Lord dragon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:32 am

So next few months the format will be Blue-Eyes, BA, Maybe Dracoplals, and ABC when it comes out?

Will Dark Magician be Viable?

Yosenju, Qli Demise, Tellarknight?
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:55 am

Lord dragon wrote:So next few months the format will be Blue-Eyes, BA, Maybe Dracoplals, and ABC when it comes out?

Will Dark Magician be Viable?

Yosenju, Qli Demise, Tellarknight?
Throw Kozmo into the mix as well. They can still play with 1 DD and 1 Tele.

Dark Magician hasn't made an impact yet, nor has it had any tops either. Could be because of Kozmo, I don't know. The deck just might not be that good.

Demise decks will always float around as rouge.
Image
X X

User avatar
Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1274
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by Master Lightflare » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:47 am

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Banned
Monkey Board Definetely deserved to be hit, 1-card scales are unfair at this point in time.
Kaiser Colloseum Again, glad this card is gone. More of a preemptive thing than anything else but a good one at that.

Limited
Cir I like this, Dante-Cir loops will be less prevalent now.
Dark Destroyer The hit everybody knew was coming and probably the correct thing to be hit for Kozmo. If I had to choose anything else, it would be Kozmotown to 1 to absolutely destroy the deck's recovery.
Majespecter Kirin Perfect as usual, makes Bunbuku essential in Metalfoe decks now and can prove to be annoying with desires having the possibility to banish the singular copy of Kirin. Double Kirin is unfair but 1 is fine.
Ether the heavenly monarch As a monarch player, I knew that my deck was gonna get hit in some form or another. I believed that the correct hit was Stormforth to 1, as that was the problem card for most decks. Putting Ehther at 1 really skews the ratios of monarchs to tribute fodder, making the deck even more inconsistent than what it already was. Salt levels rising.
Beatrice For those asking why Dante wasn't hit, this is why. Konami actually hit the right card for once, so congrats to them. By having Dante at 1, they can still make multiple Beatrices by recycling Dante with Cir but with Beatrice at 1, there is no way to recover it. This means that once you run over the first Beatrice, the game should be a bit easier. Now I'm sad that Beatrice Turbo is no longer a thing, but I'd much rather have it gone if it meant BA was dead.
E-Tele This is for Kozmo and I believe that they should not have access to this card, but at the same time I really want this card back at 3 for my more casual decks. I can't complain, though, as this card is extremely powerful.
Pendulum Call I don't understand why konami is still hitting pendulum magicians when nobody is going to run it anyway. Metalfoes are all the rage now.
Pathiesum and Stormforth of the Monarchs Now, this is where my salt levels hit the roof. Yes, I understand that both of these, along with Ehther, are all unfair cards. But hitting all 3? That's overkill imo. What really annoys me is how Kozmo, pendulums and even BA to some extent are still playable but monarchs are literal garbage. I don't care how everyone complains about how they're "OP" or whether or not they absolutely destroy blue-eyes, an archetype they're really trying to push atm. I still don't think it's fair that they killed the most inconsistent meta deck and left the others playable. Not cool, Konami.

Semi-Limited
Maxx C This really irks me. If you're going to hit Maxx C, why not put it at 1 or 0? I guess hitting it to 2 reduces the chances of seeing it slightly, but you'll still manage to see it quite often. Very strange move.
Thunder King Rai Oh Why bring this back? We still have demise...
Wind-Up Magician Meh

Unlimited
Thousand Eyes Restrict Meh
Allure of Darkness This is gonna be fun with Dark Synchro and D/Ds in March. Consistency is always welcomed.
Gold Sarc Meh
Overall, I think the list was pretty well done. It was odd to not see demise on that list or even omega at 1, but I'm not complaining since I have 3. The only thing I could've asked for is more cards to come off the list, such as dragon's ravine, Zenmaity (but ban hunter), dragonfly/hornet, etc.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?
You sound like you're 5 years old.
Image

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
*Avatar created by MysticJhn*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

User avatar
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11595
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 am

Solemn Strike is still at 3 qq
Image
X X

User avatar
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 pm
Location: London, Britain
Contact:

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 am

moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
what happened to the good old days of brain aneurysm's?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: YUGIOH F/L List Aug 29th

Post by Lord dragon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:34 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
Lord dragon wrote:So next few months the format will be Blue-Eyes, BA, Maybe Dracoplals, and ABC when it comes out?

Will Dark Magician be Viable?

Yosenju, Qli Demise, Tellarknight?
Throw Kozmo into the mix as well. They can still play with 1 DD and 1 Tele.

Dark Magician hasn't made an impact yet, nor has it had any tops either. Could be because of Kozmo, I don't know. The deck just might not be that good.

Demise decks will always float around as rouge.
I mean the bigger thing I would imagine is that there has been like 2 events where the deck (with the new support) was legal
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

Post Reply