Organizing Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
icandyb
Common Duelist

Organizing Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

Post by icandyb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:00 am

Hi! :D I am seriously all new to this and I am just hoping you can help me out. Say I was given lots (like boxes) of these Yu Gi Oh cards...and it is impossible for me to keep them all! I've searched and searched online for an answer to my question and the same thing keeps coming up. My question might obviously be which ones do I keep? I'm not meaning million or even thousand dollar cards either just the more valuable ones. Like the 1st editions, I would. But what else? Are the spell cards better than the trap cards? Or what about the different coloured cards? Just one last thing... if one card has 2 of those fireball looking things and the other has 5 is the one with 5 more valuable? :?

I appreciate all and any of your efforts to help me with this... :)

THANK YOU!!

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Re: Organizing Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

Post by Darksoul » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:19 pm

You should really keep them all honestly, unless you can identify the card as being a fake. Not one style of card is better than the others, they are all equal, it just turns out that some cards are better than others, this often makes them more valuable.

And referring to the 'fireball' things, they're monster levels, they have nothing to do with the rarity of the card, more so how the monster can be summoned to the field and incorporated into the game.
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:47 pm

If you seriously want help, do the folllowing:

Create a table with 3 columns.

In the first column, type the name of the card.

In the second column, type the card identifier code - I forget the proper name for this but show an example below

In the third column, indicate if it says first edition, special edition, limited edition, etc.

If the card you were working with were this one:

Then your row for this card should look like:

Armed Dragon LV10 | DP2-EN013 | 1st edition

If you want to do this, do it, then let us know here. We can tell you the cost of your cards, or at least where to go from there.
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Darksoul » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Agreed.
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

MakeBoredLord
Common Duelist

Post by MakeBoredLord » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:26 pm

or if you prefer to check them yourself. You can just use the identifier and search it on ebay, sort the result by "Cost + shipping from lowest to highest"

The result is not always accurate, but it should give you a pretty good idea for most cards. For cards that values above $50, the ebay pricing can vary dramatically. You can post their identifier and conditions here and everyone can help you narrow it down
I love to collect yugioh cards, feel free to check out my channel. Any suggestions are always welcome:D
Bored Lord's Kingdom