Any Anti-Burn Deck suggestions?

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and possibly the accounts of the forum members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
davidgar026
Common Duelist

Any Anti-Burn Deck suggestions?

Post by davidgar026 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 pm

I was hoping to find a structure deck that is good against a burn deck. I can buy individual cards to make a custom deck but I was hoping to see if there are any structure that go against burn decks or decks that have lots of traps/spells like mirror force & mirror wall. BTW, i'm new to YuGiOh and I got into it because of Duel Links aha.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Any Anti-Burn Deck suggestions?

Post by xion52998 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 pm

davidgar026 wrote:I was hoping to find a structure deck that is good against a burn deck. I can buy individual cards to make a custom deck but I was hoping to see if there are any structure that go against burn decks or decks that have lots of traps/spells like mirror force & mirror wall. BTW, i'm new to YuGiOh and I got into it because of Duel Links aha.
Burn decks aren't very relevant. The best cards against them are twin twisters and forbidden chalice, chalice negates nurse reficule while twin twisters destroys their burn cards. But again, burn decks are pretty bad, so you won't see very many of them.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:45 pm

The problem with looking to buy a standard structure deck, out of the box, to counter a burn deck
is that burn decks don't play the game "correctly" as a standard structure is designed.
Structure decks are really only made to play the game the normal way.
Summon monsters, battle, destroy their monsters, attack, bring out your really big monster, win.
It's teaching you basic Yu-Gi-Oh, basic deckbuilding strategy, the basic concepts of synergy; that's why it's called a structure deck.
It's the basic structure of Yu-Gi-Oh to build upon.

Burn decks aren't the basics and if your friends or whatever are always playing it, you can't play normally.
You need to use cards that'll counter and crush their cards, and do it fast because the longer you play against
a burn deck, the more of an advantage they'll have.
It's kind of why most players hate playing against decks like that.
It's not really YuGiOh and you wind up unable to do much but sit there and watch them play against your life point counter.
Burn decks and Exodia decks are some of the worst things to play if you actually enjoy the game.

Really, the only thing to do is pack in standard cards that counter spells and traps.
A lot of them.
The Achilles heel of a burn deck or other "solitaire" style decks is that they have a plan and a set of cards they need to play.
If you start breaking up and countering their spells and traps, they only have so many backups.
The thing is that Mirror Force or Mirror Wall are generally useless against Burn Decks because they'll most likely not attack.
They'll basically only have monsters in defense like a barrier themselves to keep you from beating them down before they can burn you.

And, at the end of the day, you will occassionally lose to a burn deck and have to accept it.
They tend to play so unconventionally that they can really get a cheap win any time a lucky draw
comes through without even putting a monster on the field.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!
Want a laugh? Try Yu-Gi-Oh! Domino Days!

tec9blues
Common Duelist

Post by tec9blues » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

anti burn decks can be hard to beat, i feel your side deck should be ready for a burn deck. but cards for your main deck? useful spells include mystical space typhoon or twin twister to get rid of there continuous spells and traps. royal decree will negate all other trap effects on the field. wiretap and 7 tools of the bandit are helpful traps to counter burn traps. the best monster i would suggest is ddd oracle king d arc, easy to summon with two necroslimes in your graveyard, use these materials as discards for your twin twisters, or use foolish burial or fiendish rhino warrior to send them straight from the deck to grave. this fusion will make u gain lifepoints instead of loosing them in effects. clear kuriboh comes to mind also.

edit: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Polarizer