Card that allows first turn attack?

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and possibly the accounts of the forum members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
Seriss2012
Common Duelist

Card that allows first turn attack?

Post by Seriss2012 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Much like the title says, I am curious if there is a card that allows a player to attack on their very first turn. I believe I remember an anime episode where such a card was used, but it has been a long time, and I can't even remember which season, or which characters were dueling.

Can anyone help me out?

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

Re: Card that allows first turn attack?

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Sorry, no such card exists.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Seriss2012 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 pm
Much like the title says, I am curious if there is a card that allows a player to attack on their very first turn. I believe I remember an anime episode where such a card was used, but it has been a long time, and I can't even remember which season, or which characters were dueling.

Can anyone help me out?
There's something Yami Marik used - possibly something with Plasma Eel - with this effect - but nothing that made it to the TCG
:oops:

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 pm

LewieGee wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 pm
There's something Yami Marik used - possibly something with Plasma Eel - with this effect - but nothing that made it to the TCG
A card like that would alternatively be ultra broken and ultra useless.
If you didn't have the very first turn and/or didn't draw into it, it would be entirely useless.
If you managed to have it in hand, you'd see nothing but FTKs with it.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Darkness_Squall
Common Duelist

Post by Darkness_Squall » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 pm

The best way to simulate a first turn attack would be to somehow summon two monsters and Arcana Force XXI - The World with the "heads" effect, and activate it to skip your opponent's next turn. It would technically be your second turn, but it would still allow you to attack your opponent directly without them ever having an opportunity to do anything.

I believe when this happens in the anime, it's actually a monster using its effect to inflict direct damage to the opponent. Shark did this often in Zexal, and the characters were like "but you can't attack on the first turn!!1!11" "with my monster's special ability it can bypass that rule!" "impossiblllleeeeeee"

Some people have wondered if Pyro Clock of Destiny would allow a first turn attack, but the clock only advances the turn count for cards that actually keep track of what turn it is.

Seriss2012
Common Duelist

Post by Seriss2012 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Yeah, had to be Yami Marik. That sounds right. Thanks guys

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:26 pm

:oops: