New Banlist!

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and possibly the accounts of the forum members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

New Banlist!

Post by Lord dragon » Thu May 18, 2017 5:39 pm

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Banned
ELDER ENTITY NORDEN

Limited
SPEEDROID TERRORTOP
THAT GRASS LOOKS GREENER

Unlimited
PENDULUM CALL
WISDOM-EYE MAGICIAN
PERFORMAPAL SKULLCROBAT JOKER
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
Evilfaic
Ultimate Rare Duelist
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: The Cotton Alley
Contact:

Re: New Banlist!

Post by Evilfaic » Thu May 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Solemn Strike/Dimensional Barrier manage to dodge the list. Ugh.
Also, RIP my boy Norden.
(Formerly DFB)
if (Post.Year < 2015) Post.Ignore();
https://soundcloud.com/evilfaic
LewieGee wrote:I, for one, think the guy with the shrek avatar on yugioh card guide forums for com is right

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3669
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: New Banlist!

Post by Wallaceman105 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh wow gee I would care if I cared, but....well, yeah.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8642
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 am
Location: I am Fire. I am Death!

Re: New Banlist!

Post by dracostrike » Sat May 20, 2017 10:10 am

Seems small for a list
Image
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3669
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: New Banlist!

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 pm

dracostrike wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 10:10 am
Seems small for a list
It matches the playerbase, lol.

Hard to imagine the meta is so balance that this is all it would need.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Banlist!

Post by Lord dragon » Wed May 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Well, come Links the game changes so much that almost any ban list that comes out now will have minimal effect
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare
Posts: 19207
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Banlist!

Post by MysticJhn » Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 am

Lord dragon wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 11:46 pm
Well, come Links the game changes so much that almost any ban list that comes out now will have minimal effect
Yeah, considering the OCG is only 2 months away from having Link Monsters in hand, any list right now is a lame duck list.
With all the new rules and zones, it'l be almost a whole new game.
Heck, the new Extra Deck rules might even take care of some current problems.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 813
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 pm
Location: The point of no return.

Re: New Banlist!

Post by xion52998 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 am

Thing is, links won't change the game much at all

True Dracos are still by far the best deck, both the pure and zoodiac variants, and they don't touch the extra at all. We'll have 2 months of dracos and pure zoo with the occasional dino and pendulum magician, then we'll have draco vs zoo until we get spellbook of rudra, then we'll have draco vs zoo with maybe some windwitches running around.

Basically they killed the draw 5 combo so zoo isn't by far the best anymore, and pushed pendulums a ton before they die. I'm predicting a list in August hitting Gofu, Drident, and maybe Broadbull and Master Peace/Diagram.
Image
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare
Posts: 19207
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Banlist!

Post by MysticJhn » Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 pm

I think you're underestimating the appeal of new and shiny, or unknown support that might force your hand to play Link Monsters.
Your old cards have no defense specifically against Link Monsters or Cyverse-Type.
Plus I feel these new rules will be the death of Pendulum-based decks.
Sure they might still be thrown around here and there in utility roles or for fun, but they won't be meta.

For certain, the meta is going to be messy for a few months as people figure out how to really take full advantage of the new mechanics,
especially with the constant influx of Links and Cyverse support.
Sadly, because Konami still lives in the early 90s before globalization was a thing, you'll have to watch the OCG evolve and then try to catch up once it gets here.

Long story short, I wouldn't take anything that happens in the meta in the next 6 months too serious while the game evolves.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Banlist!

Post by Lord dragon » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 am
Yeah, considering the OCG is only 2 months away from having Link Monsters in hand
Just want to clarify, TCG is 2 months from Links
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 813
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 pm
Location: The point of no return.

Re: New Banlist!

Post by xion52998 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:35 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 pm
I think you're underestimating the appeal of new and shiny, or unknown support that might force your hand to play Link Monsters.
Your old cards have no defense specifically against Link Monsters or Cyverse-Type.
Plus I feel these new rules will be the death of Pendulum-based decks.
Sure they might still be thrown around here and there in utility roles or for fun, but they won't be meta.

For certain, the meta is going to be messy for a few months as people figure out how to really take full advantage of the new mechanics,
especially with the constant influx of Links and Cyverse support.
Sadly, because Konami still lives in the early 90s before globalization was a thing, you'll have to watch the OCG evolve and then try to catch up once it gets here.

Long story short, I wouldn't take anything that happens in the meta in the next 6 months too serious while the game evolves.
Of course in the future when we get easy to summon links that disrupt they'll be good, but until then, True Dracos and Zoodiac are obscenely strong. Master Peace is insane for disruption and is also Towers because why not, the S/T support is excellent, especially Diagram, Zoos can generate insane advantage with Ramram, Broadbull, and Chakanine, while also having Whiptail, Barrage and Drident for even more stuff.

Links have the extra link, which does nothing vs Dracos, and Firewall Dragon, which is really really good but doesn't do nearly enough to justify running. Once we get Quasar Links and Kaiju immune Towers links will they be appealing to play. But that's a long way off.
Image
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare
Posts: 19207
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Banlist!

Post by MysticJhn » Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm
Just want to clarify, TCG is 2 months from Links
My bad, I was looking at the release date for the wrong version.
Japan has had them in hand for 2 months.

All the more reason the current meta is probably a lame duck.
Even if current decks are really strong, people will still be more interested in the new stuff.
New rules, new mechanics, and maybe returning players, and people knowing what's coming out in Japan before here.
I'm sure your better, top players will be practicing to be ready for what's down the line instead of what's current.

Then again, I just looked, and the first VRAINS booster pack isn't due until August, so you might have until the next World Championships
before what you know gets an upheaval entirely.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests