New Card Terminology?

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and possibly the accounts of the forum members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

New Card Terminology?

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am

While looking up the cards that will appear in Link Strike (the first Starter to use Link Monsters), I noticed something curious.
When a card's effect mentions Cyberse monsters, they don't say "Cyberse-Type" as the tradition is for referencing Types.
Also weird was using "GY" when referencing the graveyard instead of just using graveyard.
I thought perhaps this was just some translation error of the Japanese effect, but there are images of the English versions
of these cards, and while they are rather small and hard to read, this is the text actually appearing.
As far as I can find, even the most recent pre-VRAINS cards still use "-Type" and "Graveyard".
The only time "-Type" doesn't immediately follow whatever Type is when there's a list of Types relating to whatever effect,
the "-Type" only following the final listed Type.

Did Konami change the terminology?
Perhaps it was changed to save space on the ever increasingly long and complex effects cards get these days,
although none of the cards seen in English so far have effects all that long to require space saving features.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

yusei-oh
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: New Card Terminology?

Post by yusei-oh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am
Perhaps it was changed to save space on the ever increasingly long and complex effects cards get these days
that's what I thought when I saw the new abbreviation.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!