Collecting

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Collecting

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Is anyone on this forum more of a collector than a duelist?

I wanted to start a collection of the best-of-the-best old school/golden age/glory days, whatever you can call it, 2002 to 2004 range. I would start with the the Ultra Rares, Super Rares, and Secret Rares from the first six starter decks and the first 11 to 14 first booster packs (either LOB to AST or LOB to FET). (obviously that's very expensive this is going to be gathered over a long time and i'm not going for first editions).

I was also going to go for the the first sets of booster or collector tins - the BPT series and likely CT01, CT02.
And after that I would go for the rares from the premium and retro packs.
I was probably going to avoid the champion packs and tournament packs.

The idea is to get all the U,S,SC rares from the old school packs - If I am missing anything, from older obscure packs or promotions let me know.

e31174
Common Duelist

Re: Collecting

Post by e31174 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Good luck dude, and I don't believe your missing anything. Personally I am also more of a collector but I go for all things in the pack, though I do have a modern BLS deck that is as meta as a BLS deck could be AKA not that meta.

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:45 am

Definetly more of a collector than dueler, considering my last human in person opponent was more than 10 years ago!

Goodluck collecting, hope you have a ton of money because I know I've spent thousands over the past several years... things add up quick, especially if you want 1st ed good old cards from the original sets!
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm definitely passing on first editions unless I somehow find a giant bag of money lying around lol. Definitely going to be a long task but my decks (based on classic sets and characters) contains a good amount of these already so I wanted to fill in the gaps - plus a lot of them I don't have would make great additions to the decks anyway - always an internal struggle to use the fun shiny cards or keep them in perfect condition.

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Man used to collect Yugioh but realized fir me their was no value in it couldn't show it off or risk them being stolen and had no use but to look at art. So I stopped now I collect gaming consoles but that is a more expensive hobby
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

Mage Apprentice82
Common Duelist

Post by Mage Apprentice82 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:23 pm

I mostly just play for fun, lost interest in tourneys years ago, not enough variety. I play with friends from time to time, nothing serious, using cards that you wouldn't normally run, just to have fun. It's more enjoyable for us.

Recently I started collecting holos of all my cards, not just from earlier sets but just to make all my cards holos in my decks, drives my friends crazy lol. Wish we'd get holos for supply squad and vengeful bog spirit