Once Again: Where's the mismatched Pendulum Scales?

Got something to say? We would like to encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh and other gaming forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and possibly the accounts of the forum members who post it. Please save our time and yours by not promoting other web sites without prior approval of the moderator.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

Once Again: Where's the mismatched Pendulum Scales?

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:36 am

Way back in this topic, I pondered why no Pendulum Monsters have two different numbers as their Pendulum Scales.
On every single monster, regardless of which side you play it on, the scale is always the same.
Why?
This question pops up in my head once again since card placement actually matters now.
You're no longer allowed to haphazardly place cards on the field, or do that annoying old habit
of some players to shuffle their back row.
Once it's in a spot, it stays there unless an effect says otherwise.
With Pendulum Zones now occupying places in the Spell & Trap Zone, which side you
pick can actually make a difference.

So why is it there's zero strategy or usage of the fact that there's separate spaces on the card for a scale number?
If the scales are always the same, you only need to print it once.
Having a Pendulum Monster with offset scales would open up all sorts of tactical opportunities.
Pendulum Effects cold change depending on which side they are on, which also changes what range of numbers they have.
It could have a bad effect on a side with a more beneficial number, but a great effect on the other side.
Or maybe you have 2 different Pendulum Monsters who have opposite scales, but swapping them changes the effects they have.
Monster A has a blue scale of 2 and a red scale of 7.
Monster B has a blue scale of 7 and a red scale of 2.
Now, regardless of where you place them, you can always Pendulum Summon Levels 3-6.
However, if they have different effects when they switch sides, and once per turn they can swap with each other.
Every time they swap, it triggers their effects that benefit their archetype.
That actually sounds like a real pendulum. Something that always swings back and forth.

With card positions mattering more than ever, Konami is missing a trick with Pendulum Monsters.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

yusei-oh
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Once Again: Where's the mismatched Pendulum Scales?

Post by yusei-oh » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:32 pm

I think it's just an unspoken general rule with Komoney.

like how in the TCG there is (technically) no level 13 or level 0 monster.
Pendulum monsters must always have the same scale on both sides.

on another note of things that are unlikely to happen, I'd like to see a Pendulum Link Monster we've got pendulum Fusion, Xyz, and Synchro so even thought it would probably be easily abused, I'd like to see that.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Rare

Re: Once Again: Where's the mismatched Pendulum Scales?

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Pendulum Link Monster seems counter productive.
I would think a Pendulum Summon is a way to get higher numbers of Link Materials.

Then again, Pendulum Summoning should be feeding materials to get Extra Deck Monsters.
Seems silly for Extra Deck Monsters to be Pendulum Monsters since they should be the boss monsters.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!