General yugioh complaints and thoughts.

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

General yugioh complaints and thoughts.

Post by yusei-oh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Just wanted to share a few thoughts about yugioh duels and what I think is a fun yugioh duel and what is not. try to start a discussion.

there are 3 things I don't like to happen

one, "he who has the biggest beater wins" this was my problem with the first two seasons of the yugioh game, just summon blue-eyes ultimate and you win! or equip a monster with an attack boosting card and you win! only if you have a card that could counter it could you hope to survive. kinda bland.
which is why I like the newer monsters that have a way to bypass beaters.

two, "you get negated! you get negated, EVERYONE GET'S NEGATED!" when enemies constantly spam negation to an extent where you can't do anything. I just want to summon my favorite monster! why must you spoil my fun? now, playing a solemn or just a raigeki won't annoy me that bad, it's when it happens 3 times or more on my turn. if it only happens once or twice, you can possibly play around it and not be completely open.

three, "summon spam" I'm not talking about pendulum summoning, I'm talking about stuff like one-turn quasar, where you have to wait a long time for your opponent to flood their field with high powered monsters.

"but I like the DDD archtype in the anime so how can this be?"

simple, the reason I like it is because Akaba Reiji STOPS at some foreseeable point and is not too drawn out. he didn't keep summoning after he got all high executive kings out, he went for battle. then the most he did is set some traps after he was done.

anyway, that's all I wanted to say for now.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: General yugioh complaints and thoughts.

Post by Wallaceman105 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 am

Hand traps are too broken.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Loki6514
Common Duelist

Post by Loki6514 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 am

Konami, put out a Spyral Starter/Structure deck in the summer of 2018. It would make the deck more accessable to the player base and bring the price down of existing cards. . . An aside, how about some new Konami playmats designed for Master Rule 4. Something under $20 would be appreciated by the Link players.

Harpie King
Common Duelist

Post by Harpie King » Thu May 10, 2018 1:34 pm

I agree with you on the subject of spamming the field with monsters. I have a friend with a Blackwing deck who beats me four out of five times with it because he can spam the field, and then use powerful abilities because his full field. It's so frustrating!!!!

Barra
Common Duelist

Post by Barra » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

I hate archetypes but they've been dominating the game since Gladiator Beasts so I guess that's just what Yugioh is.