Forum Is Locked

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
YCG Admin
Site Admin

Forum Is Locked

Post by YCG Admin » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:32 pm

Howdy Folks.

I'm sad to share that I'll be locking down the YCG Forums at the beginning of January. I'm very proud that we were able provide a safe place for education and camaraderie for so many duelists over the years. The forum launched in November of 2006 and has been the home for many hundreds of active visitors, from over 200 countries, who have posted over a half a million times. Not surprisingly, there are over a 100 of you with post counts over 1000.

At our peak, the forums accounted for upwards of 15% of the site's total page views. Unfortunately, times have changed and the forum traffic now represent a fraction of one percent of pages consumed. With so few visitors and posts in the forum, it has become increasingly difficult to justify the efforts to update the forum software and fight the never ending stream of spammers.

I want to thank MysticJhn for his many years in service as the forum moderator. Without his help, there is no way that I ever could have kept the forums going and still had time to maintain the site.

This change will only impact the forums. The main site will continue to be updated as it has since we opened our doors in 2003.
Peace,
YCG Admin
* I don't get to read every post so send me a PM if you need a response.
* Please direct deck advise questions to forum members. They are much more qualified to help you.

Visit YCG on Facebook and Twitter

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Forum Is Closing Soon

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:31 am

First and foremost, I'd like to thank YCG Admin for opening this website all those years ago.
This place has been my online home for so many years now, and I could not ever replace it.
Coming here to check for new messages and threads has been as synonymous with starting my online day as checking my e-mail.
It has been my absolute pleasure to be here every day (quite literally) for the past decade of my life.
I am going to honestly miss this place like one misses their home town after moving.
Without these forums, I'd never have progressed as much in Yu-Gi-Oh as I have, and while many of you
know I'm not exactly the best player ever, I can only imagine how bad I'd be without you all.

Much appreciation to AirknightP, our mostly silent co-creator of this website, without whom
I'm sure the guide, and therefor this forum, would not have been possible.
Thanks to Alex, my predecessor, for attending to this site before I did.
Thank you also to HaouJudai, former moderator who worked with me for a time when this forum was really busy.
Thank you to every single member I had the pleasure of interacting with in these past 10 years.
You have made this job very enjoyable, worth the fighting off of every spam bot known to man.
I would raise a sword any time to defend this place for the lot of you.
We might not have agreed on everything, and I probably annoyed some of you, but I'd gladly do it all again.
It's been a memorable ride, and I hope most of you have had good memories here too.

Here's to all the good decks, great guides, bad decks, joke decks, silly games, amusing stories, friends, foes,
and forum tournaments we've had over the years.
I hope to see many of you come back at least one more time, if only just to give a proper goodbye.
If you see this thread and know of an old member who hasn't visited in years, please invite them to help us send the forums off.
Even if you no longer consider this place your home on the internet, you're welcome to say goodbye.
Maybe let people know where you can be found.
As for myself, I'll be around the internet.
I'm on Twitch and Steam, and anywhere else you see the name MysticJhn, that would be me.

One last time; THANK YOU YU-GI-OH CARD GUIDE FORUMS, YOU'VE BEEN THE BEST. :mrgreen:
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:49 am

On the behalf of all of the members here, all of us sincerely thank you both of all of your efforts over these years.

So much goes on behind the scenes without any of us even knowing which makes your achievements even greater, in a site which as Mystic said which under constant fire from everything that the internet can throw at it and still be standing to this moment.

So we have a message to each of you from us:

YCG Admin, you created a fun and safe haven where people could laugh, discuss, challenge and enjoy a great time together. Where from the wildest of topics to the consistency of a 60-Card Deck, every post made an impact through the community and we will remember all of our great times here. Thank you for providing such a place where so many ideas and dreams were seen, realised and even brought into fruition.

MysticJhn, your efforts in helping members from everything, like creating Avatars or informing them of the forum's rules, has not gone unnoticed. Many of us respect all of the effort you put into helping the Forums and sincerely thank you for everything you have done. The Forums without you never wouldof been the same place.

So from the Members of YCG Forums, we thank you both as it has come time for this place to come to an end.

Thank you, for all of the memories and good night.
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!
Thank you YCG, for everything.

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:21 am

Goodbye, YCG. You will be missed.

Edit: I'd like to thank everyone for making this place so memorable, especially Admin. There's a lot I could say about how great of a time this was but I think i'll leave it there.
insert clever signature here

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:30 am

Was real fun while it lasted guys, I don't think I would have played Yugioh nearly as long as I did if it weren't for the great community on this site to be honest. Hope everyone is doing well on their own now, and special thanks to Admin and Mystic for keeping it going for as long as they did.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right
Bye YCG, thanks for all the good times.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Bye guys i wasn’t very active but the conversations i had here wear great and appreciate how long this place has endured thank you

Phoenix King
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Phoenix King » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:02 pm

YCG was a very bright spot of my high school years and I want to extend a thanks to everyone I got to interact with on daily basis' back in the day. The pleasure was all mine.
Deathbat Signature by DarkFireblaze3636
Galactic Conquest - A Story by Phoenix King
Galactic Desolation: A Guide to Photon and Galaxy's
Bakugan Battle Mania! - Witness the battle!
The only one...

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:35 am

Honestly, guys, this place means a lot to me, because it was the first time I'd really had an online 'presence'. I'd never had any sort of social media, no online gaming, nothing. I just had a lot of bad ideas on how to play a poorly made and maintained card game. Here, I met people who vaguely tolerated me, and who I in return tolerated. I would always have this site open in another tab back in HS, always ready to jump on whichever thread people were active in. I always heard that this place was past its heyday by the time I got here, but to me, it never felt that way. It felt like a solid community of idiots, all screwing around with cardboard and making running jokes and crazy stories.

I'll miss this.

~Wallace

(I don't miss Yu-Gi-Oh! itself though, honestly Konami is the worst. Try MTGArena, guys. Find me as Wallaceman105#24765)
p.s.
I know links aren't really a thing we do, but in the spirit of communication, this is the only discord server I keep my notifications on for: https://discord.gg/3fWTpw9
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

crimson wolf
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by crimson wolf » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Thank you guys for everything. I may not have been the most stable of members here but I hope I managed to contribute in some way. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavours
somebody wrote: Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour , or for a day or even a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. But if I quit however, it will last forever.