Outta nowhere: Chester

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Outta nowhere: Chester

Post by #SparksForGame » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Yo homedawgs, it's that guy again, back for another round of activity!

So I decided to be a scumbag on Sunday for the last Chester/Deva Collector tournament of the year, by playing Chain Burn with Sparks in the main deck :D The plan was to obviously win with Sparks, but what happened was just amazing! I went 2-1-2 in a tournament where draws are impossible to obtain!

Round 1 v Tellarknights
This was pretty fun, couldn't do much but I did make the opponent use Solemn Warning on my Armades - yes, I Synchro summoned in Chain Burn! Trap Eater onto the Anti-Spell Fragrance and summoned a Swift Scarecrow :D
Lost, 2-0

Round 2 v 60 card Sophia
I love this deck, his main goal was to win with Sophia - the big effect monster thing - and both of our side goals was to win with Sparks; didn't happen though, as I burnt him out. He did summon AND attacked with the majestic, CRIMSON SUNBIRD! He fusion summoned this correctly too, which made me smile <3
won 2-0

Round 3 v Tellarknights
This was a bad Tellarknights player and I misplayed to give him the victory, but game one I locked him out with Ojama Trio and in both games, made him use Fiendish Chain on the Lava Golem that I gave him :D
Lost 2-1

Round 4 v MorphtronicQuasar
We both switched decks because why the fudge not; I went with triple Rekindling Flamvells (with Blaster and Lavalval Chain, in a 16-card extra deck). Game two was the best, while I lost it, he made DOUBLE Shooting Quasar Dragon on his first turn (he went first)! Whilst he was doing this thing, I got up and pestered other duels out of boredom, even going to the toilet and getting a packet of crisps from the shop at the tournament :D The power of triple Rekindling was too good though, ending up with a field of: Star Eater, Blood Mefist and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon; using Mind Control on his own Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, summoning Flamvell Baby and going into another Blood Mefist :D
Won 2-1, but we called this one a draw just to see how it'd affect the standings and tie-breakers. We said that we both had Exodia in hand for all three games, and it was a draw for that fact.

Round 5 v <unknown>
My opponent had dropped before the round started, so it was an instant win for me.

While it was a sanctioned tournament, there were many things that wouldn't have been kosher anywhere else but it's a casual tournament where we wouldn't have done anything, I was happy to play Chain Burn for the first time since 2013 - where I made my début at a YCS with my badly-built Chain Burn deck, winning with Sparks in one of the latter rounds.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Outta nowhere: Chester

Post by jwestbro11 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome back. Chain burn have not seen that deck in a while. Next time you should run a chain energy deck :D
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 am

I used to play Chain Energy years ago, opening up with double of the bastards when the person going first could draw first, was a hell for the opponent. Really tempted to get a playset of them now >.>
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:12 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:Yo homedawgs
Uhhhhhh when white people try to be black.... haven't we learned anything from EMIN3M, in terms of doing that correctly?
Like dis yo, don't be speakin' like no dub. Iiiight, anyway, good job mah boi, not bad, but 'chu know, betta' luck next time, ight?
Jk, Jk. Yay, cheers for being politically incorrect. :lol:
Anyway next time take something legit, and whoop ass bro. :P

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot being a scumbag gets way more lolz. Nvm.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:44 pm

I would have played Yosenju if I didn't lend out the Anti-Spell Fragrances, and Chain Burn is a legit deck against Kozmo and Graydle-Kaiju! Trap Eaters for the Royal Decree's make for cringe plays <3