New Forum Rank?

You asked for it, you got it. Dave is here so that you can write about other topics. This is not restricted to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Trading Card Games, Video Games, or any other topic specific to the site.
Locked
User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

New Forum Rank?

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:02 am

Since I am approaching 20,000, and just reverted the April Fools Days ranks
back to normal, I thought for a moment I would add a rank for 20,000 posts.
The current highest rank is Super Special Awesome Rare, and that's achieved
way back at 10,000 posts.
However, I'm the only person within 5,000 posts of hitting 20,000, so the rank might be for just me.
Then again, you never know.
Things could pick up, become very active again, and some day in the future 20,000 posts wouldn't be my exclusive club.

So, I'm bringing it to you guys to decide.
Please reply simply with your thoughts on 2 questions.

1) Should there be a rank at 20,000?
2) What should that rank be titled? It has to sound better than Super Special Awesome Rare and fit within the rank naming scheme.

I want you to answer both questions.
Even if you don't think there should be a new highest rank, come up with an idea for a rank title anyway.
If you are looking at someone with a rank level you don't approve of, you might as well see a rank name you like. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to hear you suggestions.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:22 pm

"Vagabond"
Duel links reference.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Lord dragon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 pm

I think it should be 25,000

and "Furniture" cause if you've posted that must you truly must be a staple of the forum
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 pm
I think it should be 25,000

and "Furniture" cause if you've posted that must you truly must be a staple of the forum
lol, I'm not a staple of the forum yet? :mrgreen:
*makes plans to post 5800 more times*
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11043
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Zanrith » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Custom Rank?
insert clever signature here

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:09 am

I considered it, but I can honestly give myself any rank I want at any point.
Plus there's no automatic system for it in case I'm not around to set it.
We do have custom ranks, but none of them are for regular posting.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm
Lord dragon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 pm
I think it should be 25,000

and "Furniture" cause if you've posted that must you truly must be a staple of the forum
lol, I'm not a staple of the forum yet? :mrgreen:
*makes plans to post 5800 more times*
Nah, you could quit posting tomorrow and we would never see you again. But if you post 25,000 times you CAN'T leave.
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm
MysticJhn wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm
Lord dragon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 pm
I think it should be 25,000

and "Furniture" cause if you've posted that must you truly must be a staple of the forum
lol, I'm not a staple of the forum yet? :mrgreen:
*makes plans to post 5800 more times*
Nah, you could quit posting tomorrow and we would never see you again. But if you post 25,000 times you CAN'T leave.
That sounds more like prison than furniture.
lol, People eventually throw out old furniture.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Lord dragon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 am

Nah, we all have that one comfy rug that we keep forever
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Wallaceman105 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 am
Nah, we all have that one comfy rug that we keep forever
You mean Admin?
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Throne of Heaven

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Lord dragon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:56 pm

No that's the foundation of the house.
Image
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Nash » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 pm

I really can't think of anything
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Nash wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:58 pm
I really can't think of anything
10/10 constructive feedback
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: New Forum Rank?

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

I think I'm gonna close this for now.
There's no concensus really towards anything.
Perhaps I'll revisit the issue in 865 posts.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Locked