Google
  Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Guide   Web

Yu-Gi-Oh! Store  
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:23 pm 
Common Duelist

OK, I have a Gladiator Beast deck and I've never lost with it. I'm making sure I'm using it correctly.

For those of you who don't know what Gladiator Beasts do, here's what the effect of "Gladiator Beast Murmillo" reads(Note: not all Gladiator Beasts do the same thing when special summoned, I'll underline what most Gladiator Beasts have):

"When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, destroy 1 face-up monster. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Murmillo"."

Here's a scenario:
I special summon "Gladiator Beast Murmillo" from my deck from the affect of another Gladiator Beast, then he gets attack and sent to the graveyard. Does he still go back to my deck and special summon another, because he was attacked, or does he stay in the graveyard for some reason I'm unaware of?

Another scenario:
I have out "Gladiator Beast Laquari" and he attacks and enemy monster. The opponent activates the trap "Magic Cylinder" and stops my attack from going through, can Laquari still go back to my deck to special summon another Gladiator Beast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:29 am 
Super Special Awesome Rare

I believe the answer to the second question is Yes, but I have so little experience even seeing Gladiator Beasts, I may be wrong.

I tihnk even though Magic Cylinder stopped him, he still technically attacked, so his effect still works.

I can't help you at all with the first question, as I was wondering that myself.

Want a laugh? Try Yu-Gi-Oh! Domino Days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 am 
Common Duelist

Well, it helps me a little, but the first question was what I wanted most

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:36 am 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

I'm sorry to say this but

WRONG!!!

1. The gladiator beast need to be on the field for its effect to work so if it's in the grave it doesn't work

2. Magic cylinder negates the attack so technically his attack was cancel, so it s effect doesn't work.

Here's some info you should know when using gladiator beast monsters:

The effect of the “Gladiator Beast” monsters that says, “At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck…”, returning the “Gladiator Beast” monster to the Deck is a cost to activate the effect.

If you do not have any “Gladiator Beast” monsters remaining in your Deck that you can Special Summon, you cannot activate the effect of the “Gladiator Beast” monster that attacked or was attacked. For example, if “Gladiator Beast Murmillo” attacks or is attacked and the only “Gladiator Beast” monster remaining in your Deck is another copy of “Gladiator Beast Murmillo”, you could not activate the effect of “Gladiator Beast Murmillo” at the end of the Battle Phase.

If a “Gladiator Beast” monster attacks or is attacked during the Battle Phase and the “Gladiator Beast” monster becomes flipped face-down by an effect during the Battle Phase, even if the “Gladiator Beast” monster is flipped face-up before the end of the Battle Phase its effect to Special Summon another “Gladiator Beast” monster cannot be activated.

“Divine Wrath” can be chained to the effect that returns the “Gladiator Beast” to the Deck. The effect will be negated, but the “Gladiator Beast” monster will not be destroyed because it is in the Deck.

If 2 or more “Gladiator Beast” monsters attack or are attacked during the Battle Phase, at the end of the Battle Phase the effect of each “Gladiator Beast” monster can be activated. The effects will activate and resolve separately. They are not combined onto the same Chain.

Hopes it helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 am 
Parallel Rare Duelist

No sky, i'm afraid your wrong, if it was "negated" there would be a replay and he would attack again, that's not how it goes, the attack is still valid, but it just doesn't go through to the opponent. I was running CO burn at a SJC once, I was facing beatdown. His goblin attack force attacked, I played magic cylinder, the judge said it still went through and goblin must be switched to defense mode, the same rule applies here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:12 am 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

No, there is a difference between gladiator beast and goblin attack force.

Goblin attack force says, if this card attacks, this means he initiates an attack, it it's not needed that the attack hits or not!

But for gladiator beast monsters, it says if this card attacked, this mean he initiates an attack and succeeded.

But i may be totally wrong too, after all humans make mistake!

i'm going to discuss that with some judges and confirm that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:31 am 
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Ok i got my answer with a judge whose lv is like 9000 and others! They say goblin and gladiator beast doesn't have there effect activated!

Like i said error is humane! So your judge probably got it wrong! Didn't you read boman's post"s" againts judge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm 
Common Duelist

theyve been enigmatic since the beginning, but i'd say the text is clear. "if it attacked or was attacked" it can returned. i dont see how it could me simpler. *shrugs* to each his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Scenario 1: Stays in GY

Scenario 2: According to this ruling: The effect of "Magic Cylinder" negates the attack of one attacking monster, but that monster is still considered to have attacked, and may not attack again, or have its Battle Position manually changed.

The glad can tag, but Goblin doesn't switch referring to earlier claim as no dmg calculation occured.

Want REAL deck advice? You know my PM address...