Mega-Scizor and why it deserves it's own thread

Here's a place to talk about the Pokémon video games.
Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Re: Mega-Scizor and why it deserves it's own thread

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 am

Aegislash wasnt affected by Magnet Pull anyway. That ghost typing of his is unique in that it cannot be locked into battle. As for countering him... Ill get back to you on that when i have a good idea :lol:

I think HP fire still has some utility on Magnezone regardless of that debuff. Many pokemon it intends to trap kill are 4x weak to it (Ferrothorn, Forretress, and other Scizor). Magnezone might be a reason to have Superpower when putting it that way.

Most other steels that would give Scizor trouble have suffered from the loss of Dark and Ghost resist, meaning our Steel/Psychic friends cant hide their vulnerable Psychic typing behind their armor. They might switch in on a bullet punch, but if you have a dark move you would make them sorry they did.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 am

Kamikon Wolf wrote:Aegislash wasnt affected by Magnet Pull anyway. That ghost typing of his is unique in that it cannot be locked into battle. As for countering him... Ill get back to you on that when i have a good idea :lol:

I think HP fire still has some utility on Magnezone regardless of that debuff. Many pokemon it intends to trap kill are 4x weak to it (Ferrothorn, Forretress, and other Scizor). Magnezone might be a reason to have Superpower when putting it that way.

Most other steels that would give Scizor trouble have suffered from the loss of Dark and Ghost resist, meaning our Steel/Psychic friends cant hide their vulnerable Psychic typing behind their armor. They might switch in on a bullet punch, but if you have a dark move you would make them sorry they did.
Quite true. Also, Ghosts can't be locked in by Magnet Pull :o? Wow. I guess it's simply never been a thing before.

Though your right about that loss of Ghost/Dark resist by Steel, which means the few, but powerful Steel/Psychic mons are in trouble by Pursuit. Particularly Jirachi just gained two weakness and one resist, which I am a big fan of, as Jirachi is my least favorite pokemon to face. I typically use Volt-Turn teams. Unless we land a WoW on Jira, he's a huge butthurt. I suppose Pursuit/Superpower/Eventual Knock Off, will all be tested when the time comes.

It looks like it's going to be a fun Meta guys. I'm just glad weather is over. With the whole weather change to several turns.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

Lithium
Parallel Rare Duelist
Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby

Post by Lithium » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30 am

I'm surpised nobody uses Aerial Ace with their Scizor :shock:

A move that always hits and I thought was powered up by technician
Amy Lee wrote:"Don't be afraid of the shadows, it only means there's a light nearby."

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by mastermew » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:51 am

na, you should see choice banded, technician, stab and priority mach punch on breloom. Can someone work out the power of it?
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by mastermew » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 am

Lithium wrote:I'm surpised nobody uses Aerial Ace with their Scizor :shock:

A move that always hits and I thought was powered up by technician
um, idk. No stab?
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 am

Breloom got screwed over this generation anyway because of gaining an extra weakness and grass types being immune to Spore. Technician Mach Punch is okay.

Scizor doesn't use Aerial Ace because its stab Bug moves have such similar coverage. Only thing it loses out on is hitting Fighting super effectively.

DraggyTheDragon222
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by DraggyTheDragon222 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Choice band scizor has more initial attack than mega scizor.

Only reason for ever using mega is for a swords dance set which he has better stats for or if you for whatever reason am willing to lose free damage for slightly more bulk and speed. (The bulk probably won't save it from a fire attack either way)
Duelingnetwork Username: Ronar1
3DS FC: 3540 - 0163 - 8988
PM me and I'll add you!
Minecraft Channel and Stuff