Weiss Schwarz

Here is a spot for discussion about all your favorite anime titles. The sky is the limit, but here are a few to help get you started: Bleach, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Wolf Rain, and SE Lain, just to name a few.
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Weiss Schwarz

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:08 pm

If you don't know, this is a card game in which you play with decks made up from individual anime's, and in my opinion is great fun :D

Me and a few of my buddies when to locals today to each pick up a 'trial deck', which is essentially a structure deck (I got SAO, of course ;) ). It's pretty cool, though we're still trying to wrack our heads around the rules and stuff. I kept saying I summon Kirito accidentally, just old yugioh habits I guess.

Anyone else play? What do you think of the game?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Weiss Schwarz

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Is it pretty much just action animes, or does it blend in other animes where there isn't a strong action focus?

Name some of the animes it plays with.

Do you have to build a deck strictly around a single anime, or can you mix and match shows like a fan fiction?
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:44 pm

I know Ants plays. He's been trying to get me to play.
insert clever signature here

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Stardust Dragon wrote:He's been trying to get me to play.
Same :roll:
X X

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 am

Here we go, Another SAO fan... I'm sick of them when they play weiss. Everyone is like, what deck to chose SAO OMG!!! Arg, pick something better buddy, you just lost some respect... You should have gotten a Bakemonogatari trial deck or something good. Too many people play SAO. Anyway, if you're looking for boxes, amiami is the place to go. Just a thing, Weiss has limited stock, once they are gone, you just have to hope a reprint comes out eventually or trade from others.

Enough of my rant. Welcome to the club Rowwdy, I have finally converted someone here! Sadley there is no online thing for it yet, but lets hope for on soon as it gets bigger. There is always skype too if one of us is online at the time. The rules are very basic, nothing complex about them aha. Just a tip, everything happens as it is played, so when leveling on clock phase, you clock, level then draw 2. Same with decking out, you shuffle, finish taking damage, then take burn. Any rules that need clarifying, just ask me.

Zan zan, XYZ, you both should play it, its more fun that Yugiohs... Especially with all this shiet about pendulum monsters and all. Weiss is the place to go :D
Image___________
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
dedoombringer wrote:Doomster is when I "hulk" up and crush dragons.
Feel free to duel me on DN, name: antsyo

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 am

I'm not interested in anime, so why would I be interested in an anime card game?

Also, we don't know all the ins and outs of Pendulum summoning, so don't be so quick to judge. The same thing happened with Synchro monsters as well as Xyz monsters, and the game is still fine.
X X

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:47 am

I was fine with Xyz actually...
Image___________

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:47 am

I was fine with Xyz actually...
Image___________

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:00 am

I didn't mean you specifically. I just mean't in general.
X X

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:39 am

antsy8 wrote:Here we go, Another SAO fan... I'm sick of them when they play weiss. Everyone is like, what deck to chose SAO OMG!!! Arg, pick something better buddy, you just lost some respect... You should have gotten a Bakemonogatari trial deck or something good. Too many people play SAO. Anyway, if you're looking for boxes, amiami is the place to go. Just a thing, Weiss has limited stock, once they are gone, you just have to hope a reprint comes out eventually or trade from others.

Enough of my rant. Welcome to the club Rowwdy, I have finally converted someone here! Sadley there is no online thing for it yet, but lets hope for on soon as it gets bigger. There is always skype too if one of us is online at the time. The rules are very basic, nothing complex about them aha. Just a tip, everything happens as it is played, so when leveling on clock phase, you clock, level then draw 2. Same with decking out, you shuffle, finish taking damage, then take burn. Any rules that need clarifying, just ask me.

Zan zan, XYZ, you both should play it, its more fun that Yugiohs... Especially with all this shiet about pendulum monsters and all. Weiss is the place to go :D
Well I was going to pick Accel World, but they didn't have that at my locals. I think my friends picked Fate Zero and Madoka. What's wrong with SAO? Is it like a mainstream deck?

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:00 am

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:
antsy8 wrote:Here we go, Another SAO fan... I'm sick of them when they play weiss. Everyone is like, what deck to chose SAO OMG!!! Arg, pick something better buddy, you just lost some respect... You should have gotten a Bakemonogatari trial deck or something good. Too many people play SAO. Anyway, if you're looking for boxes, amiami is the place to go. Just a thing, Weiss has limited stock, once they are gone, you just have to hope a reprint comes out eventually or trade from others.

Well I was going to pick Accel World, but they didn't have that at my locals. I think my friends picked Fate Zero and Madoka. What's wrong with SAO? Is it like a mainstream deck?
The anime is super overrated/overhyped so I imagine everyone and their brother plays it.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

monkoloko
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by monkoloko » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Another one of Bushiroad's card games... I about got into playing it, then I realized "I play 3 card games already..."
We are Team Awesome Sauce [TAS]
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!
PM me if you want to have a duel.
DN Name: monkoloko
Devpro/Ygopro Name: Monkoloko

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 pm

moonsaber wrote:
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:

The anime is super overrated/overhyped so I imagine everyone and their brother plays it.
I dislike it when people say overrated/overhyped without giving a reason for it. Particularly when it lies on the fact/opinion sidelines.
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Agreed. A lot of the time it sounds like you're saying people shouldn't like it, which is just plain dumb when you think about it. I'm not saying that it's the best anime, but I thoroughly enjoyed it none the less.

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 pm

dracostrike wrote:
moonsaber wrote:
I dislike it when people say overrated/overhyped without giving a reason for it. Particularly when it lies on the fact/opinion sidelines.
Sword Art Online was amazing for about the first 7 or so episodes. Then they started to introduce every anime stereotype in existence to it and took the whole anime in the wrong direction to the point where they even have a tentacle scene, yes a tentacle scene....like really. I could say more on why I don't think it's that good but it would contain spoilers.

I was really disappointed by the anime because it had so much potential in the early episodes and they just squandered it.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Agreed. A lot of the time it sounds like you're saying people shouldn't like it, which is just plain dumb when you think about it. I'm not saying that it's the best anime, but I thoroughly enjoyed it none the less.
I never said you shouldn't like it, it's not that bad it's just in the realm of naruto and bleach in terms of the amount of fanboys it has.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)