Returning player questioning the old ways!?!

Here is the place to share about any great strategies that you've come up with or that have been used against you.
Lewislemitar2
Common Duelist

Returning player questioning the old ways!?!

Post by Lewislemitar2 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello, I am a returning player form the Yu-Gi-Oh GX era and I've been playing ZEXAL on the 3DS form the eshop. And I know you don't want to here this but seeing as I haven't played with the new card they just brought out, the pendulum cards, Gemini, tuner/syncro, and the new sub type. I used to run two types of decks, Blue-Eyes white dragon, and Dark Magician Decks. And this was when Dark Magician decks were considered not a strong choice since it's level for tribute and attack compared to a Summon Skull or a Cyber Tech Alligator. Mostly cause I lacked the monster cards back then and probably still do lack the cards to make it better. Now I've noticed that some cards like Call of the Haunted used to be a max of only one per deck, now it's three, Dark Hole is no longer banned (But Raigeki is now back on the list), Monster reborn is no longer banned and many others. And I've also noticed that some players no longer use the "staple" cards in the 3ds game, haven't looked around the deck advise area yet, like cyber jar, magician of faith, witch of the black forest, etc..

Now, I've been building up my collection again since I've moved a few times over the years and lost my cards and decks :cry: so at the moment I wont have the "standard cards that are needed, in this new meta.

So now, on topic, I'm trying to put together a few decks, like easy themed like a Dark Magician Girl deck and a Cyber Dragon Deck. Now my question is should I just forget about monster, magic, and trap cards that would bring monster cards back, field control, card returns, equipment cards, field cards, and field resets?

What XYZ monsters (and maybe syncro monsters?) would I want to put into the decks to help make up for above statement if any?

If anything, i'm just looking for some little bit of coaching before I start building a deck from scratch again, but I seriously would want to build a Dark Magician (Girl) deck and a Cyber Dragon deck.
DN profile: Lewislemitar21 lets duel!!! >:F

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Returning player questioning the old ways!?!

Post by dracostrike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 am

Welcome back :D Firstly check the current banlist again, you will see Monster Reborn is banned :)

I would absolutely love to coach you :D Best place to do this would be duelingnetwork ^^ It's free, no downloads and easy to use
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Lewislemitar2
Common Duelist

Post by Lewislemitar2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:04 am

I actually do have an account on that, just couldn't figure out how to get cards, till just now...

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Lewislemitar2 wrote:I actually do have an account on that, just couldn't figure out how to get cards, till just now...
DN is a great dueling resource. Do you plan to play just for fun or competitively? And more IRL or online?
Also it wouldnt hurt to familiarize yourself with the current meta and all the relevant decks/cards. For now just to simply make a good deck, you should probably understand how the game is at this moment. Dark magician decks arent very viable sadly, in terms of being ultra competitive. Cyber dragons are a bit better and can actually do some things. Building one of those isnt a bad idea. You can post your deck here and have us take a look for you. Other than that, theres not much to say really for someone who's coming back into the game. Familiarizing yourself with how it is now is a good first step and learning all the simple things you've missed on. Like how to synchro/xyz/pendulumn summon, etc.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Lewislemitar2
Common Duelist

Post by Lewislemitar2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm

I plan to do a little bit of both, so the DM deck is really for fun, and the cyber will be for competitive. I would like to do mostly IRL dueling, but haven't had any luck yet finding people that play, but I think I know a shop that still in the area that might have a few players, hopefully some my age group, feels weird dueling a teen/child imo. But online isn't that bad, other than the few trolls that just want you to forfeit but they end up losing anyways XD

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 am

Lewislemitar2 wrote:I plan to do a little bit of both, so the DM deck is really for fun, and the cyber will be for competitive. I would like to do mostly IRL dueling, but haven't had any luck yet finding people that play, but I think I know a shop that still in the area that might have a few players, hopefully some my age group, feels weird dueling a teen/child imo. But online isn't that bad, other than the few trolls that just want you to forfeit but they end up losing anyways XD
Aight kewl, that info helps to know how to direct advice. ;)

Lewislemitar2
Common Duelist

Post by Lewislemitar2 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:02 pm

are normal monsters even worth it anymore

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Lewislemitar2 wrote:are normal monsters even worth it anymore
Not really.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Normal pendulums disagree with you.

So do Gem-Knights and Evilswarm.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Lewislemitar2 wrote:are normal monsters even worth it anymore
They have never really been worth it.
X X

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Lord dragon wrote:Normal pendulums disagree with you.

And Red-Eyes Support coming soon ^^
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Lord dragon wrote:Normal pendulums disagree with you.

Those arent strong relevant decks. Evilswarm only have one vanilla, and normal pendulumns arent that big a thing. Again, its irrelevant and can be very inconsistent.