Siding against Yosenjus

Here is the place to share about any great strategies that you've come up with or that have been used against you.
User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:30 pm

So, IRL, I'm essentially the King of the Hill while everyone else peasants wishing they could beat me EXCEPT this one guy who runs Yosenjus. I use my Gadget toolbox deck, and he totally destroys it. I was testing out a few different changes with my current side deck, but since it's the only deck I need to side against, I scrapped it and made a whole new side deck. Wanted to see if you guys had any advice/tips on what to get.
Spoiler:
Monsters
2x all of the gadgets
3x Kagetokage
1x Masked Chameleon
3x Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd
3x Photon Thrasher
2x Battlin' Boxer Veil

Spells
3x RotA
3x MST
2x Lance
2x Dark Hole
2x Upstart goblin
1x Raigeki
1x Prohibition (placeholder until I get Vanity's Emptiness)

Traps
2x Mind Crush
2x CotH
2x BTS
1x Solemn Warning
1x Trap Stun
Spoiler:
Monsters
2x all of the gadgets
3x Kagetokage
1x Masked Chameleon
2x Heroic Challenger - thousand Blade
3x Photon Thrasher
3x Battlin' Boxer Veil

Spells
3x RotA
3x MST
1x Lance
1x Upstart goblin
1x Prohibition (placeholder until I get Vanity's Emptiness)

Traps
2x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
3
x Mind Crush
2x Fiendish Chain
2x BTS
1x Solemn Warning
2x Trap Stun
Spoiler:
Removed:
3x Heroic Challenger - Assault Halberd
1x Forbidden Lance
1x Upstart Goblin
2x Dark Hole
1x Raigeki
2x Call of the Haunted


Added:
2x Heroic Challenger - thousand blade
1x Battlin' Boxer Veil
1x Trap Stun
1x Mind Crush
2x Mirror Force
1x Torrential
2x Fiendish Chain

total changes: 10
Additional Questions
1) If I negate the effect of a Yosenju Kama, can he still normal summon another?

2) Does Macro Cosmos do any harm to them?

3) What kind of card effect is most lethal to them/most disrupts their turn?
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by #SparksForGame » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:00 pm

1. No, they can't summon another Yosenju monster if you drop Effect Veiler/Breakthrough Skill/Skill Drain/etc. It'll stay on the field until it's removed, no bouncing to hand either.

2. Macro Cosmos doesn't do any harm, most Yosenju decks run this card to begin with (and any form of mass-removal), unless he's doing pure Pendulum build and gets hit by summon negations.

3. Monster Effect negations and Summon negations are key, don't use Ghost Ogre though (they can still summon more from hand); Black Horn of Heaven is a killer. Anti-Spell Fragrances are cool, as are backrow removal tools (Wiretap/Trap Stun too, to negate/turn off Lose 1 Turn and other annoyances, including the Counter Trap). Swift Scarecrow would be sooo nice too, because Gear Gigant X can search it.
Dark Hole and Raigeki don't do anything, unless they go into the Extra Deck or have a negated Yosenju on the field. Trap Stuns are vital for the battle phase, or Anti-Magic Arrows to stop the array of Mirror Forces from ruining your day (they can also use it, too). Beware of Santa Claws.

It's actually hard to side against Yosenju, gotta stop their swarm summons and effects, plus their stun/stall backrow too. Mind Crushes are good too, when they go Fire Formation - Tenki, Pot of Duality, or Yosenju Kama 3 effect. Hit their hand, deplete their monsters, beware of Thunder King Rai-Oh/Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo/Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:49 pm

1 Ok, that's what I thought.
2 Well that sucks, it's the only real floodgate I have.
3 Awesome, thanks for the tips, although since I don't have TG, I don't run gear gigant, so Swift Scarecrow isn't much of an option, but I'm guessing Battle Fader will do just as well? Also, should I just drop the Lances entirely and run 3 Trap stun against them?

Thanks for the help, sparks!
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Nash » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:So, IRL, I'm essentially the King of the Hill while everyone else peasants wishing they could beat me
oi, I've beaten you before. Just not recently....
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Nash wrote:
Wallaceman105 wrote:So, IRL, I'm essentially the King of the Hill while everyone else peasants wishing they could beat me
oi, I've beaten you before. Just not recently....
Question: Was it with a deck I did NOT make for you?
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 am
Location: I am Fire. I am Death!

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by dracostrike » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Nash wrote:
Wallaceman105 wrote:So, IRL, I'm essentially the King of the Hill while everyone else peasants wishing they could beat me
oi, I've beaten you before. Just not recently....
Question: Was it with a deck I did NOT make for you?
I have this argument with friends so many times now XD
Image
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Nash » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Nash wrote:
Wallaceman105 wrote:So, IRL, I'm essentially the King of the Hill while everyone else peasants wishing they could beat me
oi, I've beaten you before. Just not recently....
Question: Was it with a deck I did NOT make for you?
Oh god here we go again... it doesn't matter that you made the deck for me, I still won. That's all I'm gonna say I wouldn't want to start an argument again
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 am
Location: I am Fire. I am Death!

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by dracostrike » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Nash, there is a skill involved in making a deck. There are limits based on budget and availability but the best decks have no luck like that involved.

Now there is skill in playing a deck BUT this is vastly outweighed by luck. Luck involves shuffling, deck match-ups and skill match-ups. So you want to claim a win...based on luck?
Image
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

User avatar
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8392
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:12 pm
Location: London, Britain
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Lol there is no skill in yugioh what game are you playing?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lol there is no skill in yugioh what game are you playing?
siging this.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
Evilfaic
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Evilfaic » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:11 pm

dracostrike wrote:there is a skill involved in making a deck.

there is skill in playing a deck
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lol there is no skill in yugioh what game are you playing?
No part of that post implied that there is no skill in Yugioh.

EDIT: I misinterpreted Rowwdy's post, never mind.

In my opinion, luck does outweigh skill. The aspect of skill comes with using what luck provides you to gain an advantage and assure that your opponent does not gain an advantage. No amount of skill, however, will allow you to draw the exact cards you need to do both. The only way skill would outweigh luck is if you started a game with your entire deck as your hand, thus eliminating any luck. Luck has to be in your favor with the cards you draw and the cards your opponent draws. Luck is beyond your control.
Last edited by Evilfaic on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Formerly DFB)
I was a small child when I made most of my posts so probably ignore them
https://soundcloud.com/evilfaic
LewieGee wrote:I, for one, think the guy with the shrek avatar on yugioh card guide forums for com is right

User avatar
dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 am
Location: I am Fire. I am Death!

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by dracostrike » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:23 pm

DFB3636 wrote:
dracostrike wrote:there is a skill involved in making a deck.

there is skill in playing a deck
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lol there is no skill in yugioh what game are you playing?
No part of that post implied that there is no skill in Yugioh.

In my opinion, luck does outweigh skill. The aspect of skill comes with using what luck provides you to gain an advantage and assure that your opponent does not gain an advantage. No amount of skill, however, will allow you to draw the exact cards you need to do both. The only way skill would outweigh luck is if you started a game with your entire deck as your hand, thus eliminating any luck. Luck has to be in your favor with the cards you draw and the cards your opponent draws. Luck is beyond your control.
Bingo! But let's not bring the extra deck into this since it doesn't need to be drawn ;)
Image
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

User avatar
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by #SparksForGame » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:1 Ok, that's what I thought.
2 Well that sucks, it's the only real floodgate I have.
3 Awesome, thanks for the tips, although since I don't have TG, I don't run gear gigant, so Swift Scarecrow isn't much of an option, but I'm guessing Battle Fader will do just as well? Also, should I just drop the Lances entirely and run 3 Trap stun against them?

Thanks for the help, sparks!
I'd put Gear Gigant X into the Extra Deck, if you've got the space (it's too good not to run, with Gadgets, unless I'm missing something here); Battle Fader can work, though they may have Yosenjus' Secret Move and Vanity's Emptiness/Solemn Warning too, so Swift Scarecrow would be the better choice - both could be done though, same with Gorz the Emissary of Darkness at a push.
Forbidden Lance does help against the Mirror Forces and Dimensional Prisons, Trap Stuns would be better but it depends on how you feel; it's gonna be fun against Satellarknights though, too.


I'm basing all of this off my own Yosenju deck; my deck list is in the deck advice section, so you can see what sort of deck I'm playing and see if it matches what you're usually against.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

User avatar
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am
Location: Exploring parts previously known.
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:20 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:
Wallaceman105 wrote:1 Ok, that's what I thought.
2 Well that sucks, it's the only real floodgate I have.
3 Awesome, thanks for the tips, although since I don't have TG, I don't run gear gigant, so Swift Scarecrow isn't much of an option, but I'm guessing Battle Fader will do just as well? Also, should I just drop the Lances entirely and run 3 Trap stun against them?

Thanks for the help, sparks!
I'd put Gear Gigant X into the Extra Deck, if you've got the space (it's too good not to run, with Gadgets, unless I'm missing something here)
No Tin Goldfish means I almost never get 2 level 4 machine types.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!
Image

User avatar
#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm
Location: Liverpool, UK
Contact:

Re: Siding against Yosenjus

Post by #SparksForGame » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
#SparksForGame wrote:
Wallaceman105 wrote:1 Ok, that's what I thought.
2 Well that sucks, it's the only real floodgate I have.
3 Awesome, thanks for the tips, although since I don't have TG, I don't run gear gigant, so Swift Scarecrow isn't much of an option, but I'm guessing Battle Fader will do just as well? Also, should I just drop the Lances entirely and run 3 Trap stun against them?

Thanks for the help, sparks!
I'd put Gear Gigant X into the Extra Deck, if you've got the space (it's too good not to run, with Gadgets, unless I'm missing something here)
No Tin Goldfish means I almost never get 2 level 4 machine types.
Ah, I forgot that card is a thing >.> Hasn't there been a time where you've been able to go into Rank 4's though? If not, then Swift Scarecrow is still a better option than Battle Fader, though Waboku might be fun >.>
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

Post Reply