Wallace's Strategic Library

Here is the place to share about any great strategies that you've come up with or that have been used against you.
Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Re: Wallace's Strategic Library

Post by Gouki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 am

Darksoul wrote:
Gouki wrote:killing you asap, the same win condition they've had since 2012
Right, because that isn't the win condition for every single deck ever.
this is beyond incorrect, so many decks would win without having to otk. burning abyss used to outgrind literally everyone, frog monarch was a 1 summon per turn deck, goat control couldn't otk even if you gave it 10 cards opening hand, etc...

water IS an otk deck. in modern day play, it has one push, an OTK PUSH. if that doesn't work out, the deck basically loses right then and there. back when the deck came out during abyss rising/cosmo blazer, it COULD grind but more often than not still wanted to dougie on the opponent. even when tidal was around, all the deck ever wanted to do was straight up otk.

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:31 am

Gouki wrote:
Darksoul wrote:
Gouki wrote:killing you asap, the same win condition they've had since 2012
this is beyond incorrect, so many decks would win without having to otk. burning abyss used to outgrind literally everyone, frog monarch was a 1 summon per turn deck, goat control couldn't otk even if you gave it 10 cards opening hand, etc...

water IS an otk deck. in modern day play, it has one push, an OTK PUSH. if that doesn't work out, the deck basically loses right then and there. back when the deck came out during abyss rising/cosmo blazer, it COULD grind but more often than not still wanted to dougie on the opponent. even when tidal was around, all the deck ever wanted to do was straight up otk.
Pretty sure winning as soon as you can is the goal of every deck. And every form of competition in history.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:38 am

i mean sure but in every game, is your winning asap an otk? nah man and water has to do just that. the deck is literally too linear to play otherwise.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:43 am

Gouki wrote:i mean sure but in every game, is your winning asap an otk? nah man and water has to do just that. the deck is literally too linear to play otherwise.
So then, the win condition isn't that simple. It's not just winning ASAP, is quickly establishing dominance with atlanteans and OTKing with mermails.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:02 pm

or in other words, winning asap through otks

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Gouki wrote:or in other words, winning asap through otks
Which is too broad for a win condition, which is supposed to be specific and focused.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Closest imo would be Fabled or something of the like, where they use resources to gain more through Ragin. Regardless, my point is both 'win conditions' were extremely vague
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Well, I added some words to the end to clarify. Better?
I'd say so.

Now, if we could shift back to the topic of the thread, anyone have a deck to add? This is only as helpful as it is full, so let's fill it up.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Still posting in the wrong section and once more this is what the Guides Forum is for. Also would like to see more on the meta decks and what they do if you are going into that.

I would focus on meta decks and make changes on the meta and how to combat these strategies as well

Atumman105 note I never forgot this was you and there is a reason my sig remains as it is. You have improved a lot I will give you that but still have some growing to do in the game and I do recommend you on taking others advice please. Some advantage cards are better that others I will have you know.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Darksoul » Sun May 01, 2016 2:53 am

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Gouki wrote:
Darksoul wrote:

Pretty sure winning as soon as you can is the goal of every deck. And every form of competition in history.
Thank you. Sorry I just have a bit of a personal grudge against people who attempt to correct me with only short answers. Kinda ticks me off to be honest. More so when I even went to the effort of explaining the purpose of the Atlanteans/Mermail monsters themselves.

After all I haven't seen you contribute a deck to this library Gouki.
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:18 pm

arkain07 wrote:Still posting in the wrong section and once more this is what the Guides Forum is for. Also would like to see more on the meta decks and what they do if you are going into that.

I would focus on meta decks and make changes on the meta and how to combat these strategies as well

Atumman105 note I never forgot this was you and there is a reason my sig remains as it is. You have improved a lot I will give you that but still have some growing to do in the game and I do recommend you on taking others advice please. Some advantage cards are better that others I will have you know.
No, this is a strategy reference list, not a guide.

I don't focus on anything, this supposed to be submission based.

O....k....? And? I'm missing how it's relevant here..
Darksoul wrote:After all I haven't seen you contribute a deck to this library Gouki.
GG rekt in flames m8
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sun May 01, 2016 1:55 pm

What is the point in apologising if you're just going to bite back anyway?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Sun May 01, 2016 3:56 pm

man the members on this site will never learn :/

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun May 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Monarchs
Win condition: Attack for game
X X

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:09 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Monarchs
Win condition: Attack for game
Monarchs can stall as well with an okayish grind game.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon