Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer

New cards released, updated lists, new episodes? If you have news to report, this is the place.
xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer

Post by xion52998 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:56 am

Confirmed coming to TCG
rip everyone

MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer

Post by jwestbro11 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:23 am

Pendulum Effect : If a "Performapal" monster(s) is Pendulum Summoned to your side of the field: All "Performapal" monsters you currently control gain 1000 ATK until the end of this turn (even if this card leaves the field).

Monster Effect : If this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 2 cards you control; destroy them, and if you do, add "Performapal" monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand, except "Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer, equal to the number of monsters destroyed. You can only use this effect of "Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer" once per turn.

Wow this is broke oh wait that is the whole game now days. I remember when special summoning was something special. Not special summoning every turn and plusing off it. What is this game we play now?
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 am

I'll stand by my statement; I don't think this card is world-class, amazing yes but all the hype for it made me assume that it was going to kill decks by stopping other decks from playing - doesn't do that, just destroys or gives an attack increase.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:46 am

Pepe is finally coming to TCG in full :(
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!
Thank you YCG, for everything.

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:49 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:I'll stand by my statement; I don't think this card is world-class, amazing yes but all the hype for it made me assume that it was going to kill decks by stopping other decks from playing - doesn't do that, just destroys or gives an attack increase.
It destroys Aridnae or Plushfire, searching 2 other searchers and specialing 2 floaters/adding 2 counter traps. In total, a +4 MINIMUM, going up to +8 assuming you have wavering eyes/dracoslayer and a normal summon. The card is absolutely nuts.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:10 pm

I'll still stand by my opinion until I see real life results that would sway my opinion. Theory is good but practical results will prove more pivotal.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:I'll still stand by my opinion until I see real life results that would sway my opinion. Theory is good but practical results will prove more pivotal.
Watch pretty much any youtube video about EMEm/PePe and you will see how nuts the card is. This is probably one of the two cards that defined the OCG as it is now, with the other being a 40 dollar super. The card is tested and true, and once March rolls around and we get Utopia Lightning, PePe will never lose.

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:38 am

Thing is, not knocking the card, I can't really take any "OCG defining card" seriously, not after all the hype about Elder Entity Norden and then when we finally got it; nothing, it's splashable into nearly every deck but the card isn't as good as the hype made it.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:06 am

Ah Sparks, Pepe decks are mainly making hype for this card due to all other cards needed for the deck had already been announced and well...

This card will be the final nail in the coffin to a leading tier 1 format. Tier 0 for this deck only.
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!
Thank you YCG, for everything.

Zeronex
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Zeronex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:13 pm

#SparksForGame wrote:Thing is, not knocking the card, I can't really take any "OCG defining card" seriously, not after all the hype about Elder Entity Norden and then when we finally got it; nothing, it's splashable into nearly every deck but the card isn't as good as the hype made it.
While the mindset isn't exactly wrong, you're ignoring the context of time. Noden was introduced into OCG when Shaddoll/Nekroz and HERO were at their heights. When it came to TCG, the aforementioned decks were already dying and/or falling out of favor. On the other hand, EMEM or PEPE for you TCG pleb- peeps, is still dominating OCG. And Pendulum Wizard is pretty important for the deck speed, more so with Plushfire. Freaking Plushfire.

tl;dr: Norden came late, Wizard came just in time.

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Zeronex wrote:
#SparksForGame wrote:Thing is, not knocking the card, I can't really take any "OCG defining card" seriously, not after all the hype about Elder Entity Norden and then when we finally got it; nothing, it's splashable into nearly every deck but the card isn't as good as the hype made it.
While the mindset isn't exactly wrong, you're ignoring the context of time. Noden was introduced into OCG when Shaddoll/Nekroz and HERO were at their heights. When it came to TCG, the aforementioned decks were already dying and/or falling out of favor. On the other hand, EMEM or PEPE for you TCG pleb- peeps, is still dominating OCG. And Pendulum Wizard is pretty important for the deck speed, more so with Plushfire. Freaking Plushfire.

tl;dr: Norden came late, Wizard came just in time.
agreed.

pen magi makes the deck so strong even without the jerk called shock master.

the theoretical all in filter is using em guitar turtle, monkeyboard, joker, penmagi and lizard draw.
[spoiler]ideal scales: monkeyboard+guitar turtle.
p summon pen magi and your others and break monkeyboard and something to search monkeyboard+joker
summon joker search lizard draw.
paste liz draw, turtle eff+1 draw, then liz eff+1 draw.
that or paste monkey board and guitar turtle if it's valid then search pen magi.[/spoiler]

[spoiler[
alternatively with luster&ariadaine
luster+ariadine search (1st counter taken)
paste your 2nd aria and p summon pen magi (assume you alrdy can get it)
bomb both arias that's on field (scale&monster)
search 2nd&3rd counter.

set 3 pass turn with some thing like giant hand (typical to block dire wolf, if shock master is not possible but this case its impossible for tcg)[/spoiler]

then the original EMEm flood with pushfire before monkeyboard in ocg i'll not mention since you all should be familiar with it by now.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

LabSig:Kamikon Wolf

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:39 pm

this card is what caused the tier 0 format. Monarchs have a chance but this deck is so fast that its the end of the world as we know it in yugimons. Plushfire/The counter trap searcher and if we get notice we also have wavering and dracoslayer and so much search power and pen back into it with this guy and we have Joker to search Wizard. can literally have set 5 counter traps set up the board and gg. Plus plush just is too good and damge juggler is a thing. can loop with them and can use their effect more than once per turn. draw inot thing. go into monkey and guitat turtle thing and draw more cards with lizard draw if you want to draw even more cards. This card just adds on to the ways of hitting plushfire and other things. its the loops and scoop thing. Monarchs should have a way to deal with them but need that turn 1 majesty's fiend to do so. And if we end up some how getting cyber dragon infinity then we have to deal with that too.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 am

arkain07 wrote:this card is what caused the tier 0 format. Monarchs have a chance but this deck is so fast that its the end of the world as we know it in yugimons. Plushfire/The counter trap searcher and if we get notice we also have wavering and dracoslayer and so much search power and pen back into it with this guy and we have Joker to search Wizard. can literally have set 5 counter traps set up the board and gg. Plus plush just is too good and damge juggler is a thing. can loop with them and can use their effect more than once per turn. draw inot thing. go into monkey and guitat turtle thing and draw more cards with lizard draw if you want to draw even more cards. This card just adds on to the ways of hitting plushfire and other things. its the loops and scoop thing. Monarchs should have a way to deal with them but need that turn 1 majesty's fiend to do so. And if we end up some how getting cyber dragon infinity then we have to deal with that too.
Honestly, Infinity is not a ideal use since it practically is not even enough to stop the rampage. Only shock-rafflesia or shock-giant hand+solemns are what defined EMEm peak during the mirrors.
Ofc now ocg lost shock it's more towards otk now.
And honestly, I don't even think Ptolemaios-Pleiades is even worth it, the number of moves that can happen is too much. But worth a shot since luster-push fire, you bounce push so luster is wasted. For monkey board, u just bounce it when it tries to use effect (but it's still variable, so may as well bounce the xyz later)

Well, all I say is good luck. Cuz you just got EMEm meta's 3 stages all at one shot to the face.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

Marceline
Rare Duelist

Post by Marceline » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Has anyone got the gall enough to try to play without it by personal choice? I do :P

I personally think that this could be another one of those cases where we either get an emergency ban list, or perhaps the same thing when Marik's card came out in the TCG Joey's Collection.

But if they don't, here's another thing.

Everybody that knows what happened when this card was introduced in the OCG. Some, maybe most, will jump the gun and try to bully their way through tournies with infinite loops.

Not me.

On the flip side, there could be some people, or perhaps most even (slightly, yet possible), that will try to stay true to their actual skill level and not use rare candies to fight a Lvl 50-60 pokemon league with lvl 100 pokemons.

Depending on how you want to play yugioh, those are your only two choices. Although I do play with Magicians, I'd prefer not being a bully.

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Marceline wrote:Has anyone got the gall enough to try to play without it by personal choice? I do :P

I personally think that this could be another one of those cases where we either get an emergency ban list, or perhaps the same thing when Marik's card came out in the TCG Joey's Collection.

But if they don't, here's another thing.

Everybody that knows what happened when this card was introduced in the OCG. Some, maybe most, will jump the gun and try to bully their way through tournies with infinite loops.

Not me.

On the flip side, there could be some people, or perhaps most even (slightly, yet possible), that will try to stay true to their actual skill level and not use rare candies to fight a Lvl 50-60 pokemon league with lvl 100 pokemons.

Depending on how you want to play yugioh, those are your only two choices. Although I do play with Magicians, I'd prefer not being a bully.
the card was released when EM pendulum deck was completely useless and before cross over souls even came out. the darn vjump pack skyrocked because of pen magi and force strix until reprints occured.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!