Seeing as how Akirus is gone,

The "Players' Card Game" Project aims to make it possible for creative users to see their art in action and level the playing field of the Yu-Gi-Oh! dueling scene.
Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Seeing as how Akirus is gone,

Post by Aleva » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Dizeazed25
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Dizeazed25 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm

thanks

Akirus
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Akirus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 am

MysticJhn wrote:I know how to add cards easy enough to the custom set file.

When did Akirus leave?
I didn't "leave" as such, just too busy with school to post, especially with the huge amount of bitching I'd otherwise have to deal with. This being said, I don't mind giving you guys full control over the project, since I've kinda lost interest in YGO.

For the record, I love my new role as the ex-despotic overlord of the PCG. Lets just briefly overlook the fact that the only person who ever really bothered to help me was Schy and the number of complaints about my "dictatorship" far outweighs the actual number of user contributions. Rationality is the least of your worries when you have an autocratic monster to establish, right?

I don't really have the time or effort to argue, and this will probably be the last time I post here for the foreseeable future, but I will remark that you guys need to be a little less narrow-minded. The underlying contention against me seems to be that I'm going against convention in the actual card game, which is somewhat of a laughable notion given that the entire premise of the PCG is exclusive from the TCG/OCG in order to facilitate creativity. For example, your insistence that the guidelines Schyster and I first formulated (yes, as strange as it may sound, the evil oppressor developed those cooperatively!) are bad lies on the assumption that the guidelines should be built around the existing infrastructure; our intentions are the direct opposite. We wanted to create a fresh framework independent of the TCG/OCG, a product resulting from the combined work of the however minor PCG community (of course, this failed because no one bothered to actually proffer suggestions). Furthermore, the guidelines focused on the structure of the entire card pool, whereas most of your complaints are addressed towards singular card choices. Instead of examining individual cards and obsessing with conformity, start looking at the bigger picture; originality, logical basis encompassing the full scope of the game, etc. Of course, it's up to you as to what you want to do with it.

Good day, peasants.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

I am going to lock this, seeing as how what's done is done.
I will say I was being a bit hard on Akirus. He wasn't actually as bad as I made him out to be, most of the time anyway.
Akirus, even if you never get to read this, I would just like to apologise for the comments made in this thread.
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.