Card Set Submission: Cosmic Justice (CMJT)

Post cards you would like to see in the PCG here.
LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Card Set Submission: Cosmic Justice (CMJT)

Post by LightMasterJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:37 am

Alien World
Field Spell Card
Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add one level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your deck to your hand.

Aliens need some way of searching for monsters other than that flying saucer. I think this card would be good, because unlike flying saucer, which just lets you add an alien card to your hand instead of drawing, this card makes you remove two A-Counters instead. Plus, the alien has to be level 4 or lower.

I decided to change this into a mini-set submission, after being advised to do so. You can see the set in the quote below, and in the third post.
Last edited by LightMasterJ on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like to view myself as Link. I have a big crush on starfire. I know. Its wierd.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Single Submission: Alien World

Post by Aleva » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 am

Would have been easier if instead of posting 4 singles, you just posted them all in a mini-set. You can delete the others.
LightMasterJ wrote:Alien World
Field Spell Card
Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add one level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your deck to your hand.

I guess, considering Black Whirl is there, this should be fine...

Card Name: Alien World
Card Type: Spell/Field
Card Text: Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add 1 Level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Alien Dragon
Light attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
Atk: 3000 Def: 2000
1 "Alien" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot set monsters face-down (monsters your opponent sets in defense position are instead summoned in face-up defense position). Once per turn, you can destroy all monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls.

Like i said in the other thread, too many benefits for too few negatives. I mean, there are NO negatives to this card. Huge ATK, big, no-cost effect, and lockdown against Ryko .etc. I might be being too hard, because PCG is different to rl, but it looks broken to me.

Card Name: Alien Dragon
Card Type: Monster/Synchro/Effect
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Dragon
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 3000/2000
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, Monster Cards cannot be Set face-down. Monsters Set in Defense Position are Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to destroy 2 monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls.

This is my idea of it. Still pretty powerful.

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Remove 2 A-Counters from your side of the field. Draw 2 Cards.
Not sure if it'll be that good or not... I'll leave it for now, maybe try it later, and edit it if it's broken.

Alien Princess
Light attribute
level 7
Reptile/Synchro/Effect
Atk: 2500 Def:2000
1 "Alien" Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
This monster can attack all of your opponent's monsters with A-Counters once each. You can remove from play this card from your field to negate the effect of a spell, trap, or effect monster with the effect of destroying this card, and destroy it. If you negate an effect this way, you can special summon this card during your end phase.
Looks alright, just don't like the first effect, because Stardust doesn't have it, has equal stats, and his higher level. How about this?

Card Name: Alien Princess
Attribute: Light
Type: Reptile
Level: 7
ATK/DEF: 2500/2000
Card Text: If this card destroyed your opponent's monster with an A-Counter as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row. You can remove this card from play to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Re: Card Single Submission: Alien World

Post by LightMasterJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 am

Aleva wrote:Would have been easier if instead of posting 4 singles, you just posted them all in a mini-set. You can delete the others.
Field Spell Card

Card Text: Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add 1 Level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Alien Dragon
Light attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot set monsters face-down (monsters your opponent sets in defense position are instead summoned in face-up defense position). Once per turn, you can destroy all monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls.

Like i said in the other thread, too many benefits for too few negatives. I mean, there are NO negatives to this card. Huge ATK, big, no-cost effect, and lockdown against Ryko .etc. I might be being too hard, because PCG is different to rl, but it looks broken to me.

As long as this card remains face-up on the field, Monster Cards cannot be Set face-down. Monsters Set in Defense Position are Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to destroy 2 monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls.

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Not sure if it'll be that good or not... I'll leave it for now, maybe try it later, and edit it if it's broken.

Alien Princess
Light attribute
level 7
Reptile/Synchro/Effect
This monster can attack all of your opponent's monsters with A-Counters once each. You can remove from play this card from your field to negate the effect of a spell, trap, or effect monster with the effect of destroying this card, and destroy it. If you negate an effect this way, you can special summon this card during your end phase.
Looks alright, just don't like the first effect, because Stardust doesn't have it, has equal stats, and his higher level. How about this?

Card Text: If this card destroyed your opponent's monster with an A-Counter as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row. You can remove this card from play to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card during the End Phase.

I like the changes you made to Alien Princess. Her first effect was weakened , but her second effect strengthened. Thanks.

You were right about Alien Dragon, I should have given him a cost for his effect. But I'd still like him to be able to destroy more than just two monsters, as Aliens really need a powerhouse. How about this:

Alien Dragon
Light Attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, monster cards cannot be set face-down. Monsters set in defense position are normal summoned face-up. Once per turn, you can discard one card to destroy all monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during the turn it uses this effect.

I also made a change to Alien World, cause someone complained that its effect was too broken. Here it is:

Alien World
Field Spell Card
Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add one level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your deck to your hand. If you summon it this turn, you must remove from play one "Alien" monster in your graveyard.

I hope that is less broken.

Someone also said Galactic Enforcement was broken, and I should make it like Destiny Draw, so I did:

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Discard one "Alien" monster. Draw 2 Cards.

Better, or worse?

They also gave me advice for the new Alien tuner monster I made. Here it is:

Alien Wing
Wind attribute
Level 4
Reptile/Tuner
Atk:1200 Def:700
This card cannot be special summoned. If this card is used for the synchro summon of an "Alien" synchro monster, you can increase or decrease this card's level by one.

Cool huh?

I also have artwork for Alien Princess and Alien Dragon. I could post them here if anyone wants to see them.

I like to view myself as Link. I have a big crush on starfire. I know. Its wierd.

Cloudian King
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Cosmic Justice (CMJT)

Post by Cloudian King » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 pm

i would agree with alien dragon if u said

Alien Dragon
Light Attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, monster cards cannot be set face-down. Monsters set in defense position are normal summoned face-up. Once per turn, you can discard two cards to destroy all monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls. You cannot attack during the turn it uses this effect.

plus with the discard u can fuel more synchros with ammonite but to overpowered otherwise even for a powerhouse
If you simply play to win then why play?

Decks (in order of goodness)
1. CLOUDIANS!!!
2. Rock Reverse Beatsticks
3. Infinate Neo-Space

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

LightMasterJ wrote:
Aleva wrote:Would have been easier if instead of posting 4 singles, you just posted them all in a mini-set. You can delete the others.
Field Spell Card

Alien Dragon
Light attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card

Alien Princess
Light attribute
level 7
Reptile/Synchro/Effect

I like the changes you made to Alien Princess. Her first effect was weakened , but her second effect strengthened. Thanks.

You were right about Alien Dragon, I should have given him a cost for his effect. But I'd still like him to be able to destroy more than just two monsters, as Aliens really need a powerhouse. How about this:

Alien Dragon
Light Attribute
Level 8
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, monster cards cannot be set face-down. Monsters set in defense position are normal summoned face-up. Once per turn, you can discard one card to destroy all monsters with A-Counters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during the turn it uses this effect.
Actually, this looks fine. I like it, and its about even with JD.
I also made a change to Alien World, cause someone complained that its effect was too broken. Here it is:

Alien World
Field Spell Card
Once per turn, you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field to add one level 4 or lower "Alien" monster from your deck to your hand. If you summon it this turn, you must remove from play one "Alien" monster in your graveyard.
You could just up it to 3 counters, or leave it. I mean, Black Whirl gives you a +1 each turn, same as this. You seriously don't need to nerf it.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12692&start=28
2a. Deck Drivers, should tell you why I think its fine as it is.

I hope that is less broken.

Someone also said Galactic Enforcement was broken, and I should make it like Destiny Draw, so I did:

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Discard one "Alien" monster. Draw 2 Cards.

Better, or worse?
Its more balanced, but its boring and plagiarism. I said to keep it as counters because it fits in more with the archetype. We discussed in PCG about cards being clones of others, like Trade-In and D-Draw.
5. Cards should not be clones of others, unless there is sufficient justification.

Again, quite simple: don’t make cards with the exact same function as another, in a different skin. That is, we don’t need 5 different Destiny Draws in the N-PCG. Previously, this was difficult to accomplish if we wanted to level out with real-life decks. The “drop 1, draw 2” is perhaps the most solid draw engine available and because almost all powerful real-life archetypes have these, it’s difficult not to use them to match it. However, there should be no excuse for such repetition after the transition to the new created cards-only system. The only exception to this clause should be if there is a good reason for it, such as theme relevance, whether it is for the archetype it is designed or the card itself. It is very plausible to add creative spin to standard "drop 1, draw 2" cards and the like.

The CCG has rules to prevent the creation of simple but solid cards that draw cards but I do not entirely agree with this decision. Effects do not have to be long and convoluted or ridiculously difficult or situational to activate to be creative. On the contrary, they actually ensure the game flows properly without hinge. As I mentioned earlier, it is imperative to find a balanced middle-ground that is neither too fast or slow for our likings.

They also gave me advice for the new Alien tuner monster I made. Here it is:

Alien Wing
Wind attribute
Level 4
Reptile/Tuner
Atk:1200 Def:700
This card cannot be special summoned. If this card is used for the synchro summon of an "Alien" synchro monster, you can increase or decrease this card's level by one.
Fair enough... looks fine.

Cool huh?

I also have artwork for Alien Princess and Alien Dragon. I could post them here if anyone wants to see them.

LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Post by LightMasterJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Okay, I'll change Galactic Enforcement back to the way it was, with a slight change.

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Remove 3 A-Counters from anywhere on the field. Draw 2 cards.

Better? Or should I just make it so you have to remove them from your field.

I also made a change to Alien World:

Alien World
Field Spell Card
You can only activate this effect if there are 5 or more "Alien" monsters in your graveyard. Select one "Alien" monster in your graveyard and take damage equal to half it's ATK. Then special summon it.

Better or Worse?

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Remove 3 A-Counters from your side of the field. Draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 Galactic Enforcement per turn.

I put that last line in there just to stop super ultra mega +1s.
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Post by LightMasterJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:55 pm

EvilGod10 wrote:Galactic Enforcement
Normal Spell Card
Remove 3 A-Counters from your side of the field. Draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 Galactic Enforcement per turn.

I put that last line in there just to stop super ultra mega +1s.

Are there other draw cards like that? Cause D-Draw, Allure, Solar Recharge and GB's Respite don't have that restriction (though the first two are limited).

Or do you just not like the idea of aliens being stronger?

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 pm

All of the cards you listed are +0. Only +1 if you can RFP something good or mill something good or drop a Mali or something. This is always a +1, so the situation is different.

LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Post by LightMasterJ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 am

Aleva wrote:All of the cards you listed are +0. Only +1 if you can RFP something good or mill something good or drop a Mali or something. This is always a +1, so the situation is different.

So is it okay to leave Galactic Enforcement as it is? Without an effect prohibiting more than one being activated in one turn?

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 am

I am actually helping you. Unless you want this card to be limited, I suggest do what I say.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 am

Yeah, I agree. Imagine... there are plenty of ways to get A-Counters. Its anywhere on the field. It's almost Pot of Greed already.

LightMasterJ
Super Rare Duelist

Post by LightMasterJ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:57 pm

EvilGod10 wrote:I am actually helping you. Unless you want this card to be limited, I suggest do what I say.

Solar Recharge has a better effect than this card, and its not limited. And since you can only place A-Counters on face-up monsters, it is actually not that easy to get out a lot, especially when your opponent catches on and starts setting their monsters.

But with the Alien Dragon I made and his face-down prevention effect, it would make it easier. I guess limiting this card to one per turn wouldn't be so bad.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 am

Solar Recharge is a 0. This is a +1.
Solar Recharge can hit terrible stuff. This is a +1.
Solar Recharge needs specific cards in hand. This needs 3 easily obtainable counters on the field.

Do you see where I am getting at?

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:23 am

LightMasterJ wrote:

Solar Recharge has a better effect than this card.
Like I said earlier, Recharge is +0, only +1 if you can mill something good. Lets imagine you milled both JDs off with a Recharge. Is that possible with your Alien card?...