Card Set Submission: No Tomorrow [NTMW]

Post cards you would like to see in the PCG here.
Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Card Set Submission: No Tomorrow [NTMW]

Post by Laskeri » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 pm

it's a set focused around the "Deck Master" Archetype. basically, alternate E-Heroes.

Card Name: Deck Master - No Tomorrow
Card Type: Synchro/Effect
Attribute: Wind
Type: Spellcaster
Level: 8
ATK/DEF: 2100/1050
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner WIND monsters.
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can remove from play 1 WIND "Deck Master" monster in your hand to destroy and remove from play 1 face-up card your opponent controls.

Card Name: Deck Master - Open Gate
Attribute: Earth
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2400/1200
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Summoned, destroy and remove from play monsters your opponent controls equal to the number of face-up "Deck Master" monsters you control. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Card Name: Deck Master - Hydro Accelerator
Attribute: Water
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1900/950
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER Monsters.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. During your End Phase, you can remove this card and 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard from play. During your next Standby Phase, return this card to your Extra Deck and Special Summon the other removed from play monster.

Card Name: Deck Master - Systematic Elimination
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Level: 3
ATK/DEF: 1700/850
Card Text: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Deck Master" monster from your Deck to your hand. When this face-up card on the field is remove from play, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Card Name: Deck Master - Rock Guardian
ATK/DEF: 1100/550
Card Text: When your opponent attacks your Life Points directly, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, and it gains DEF equal to half of the attacking monster's ATK. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can remove it and 1 "Deck Master" monster in your hand from play.

Card Name: Deck Master - Energy Collector
Card Type: Tuner/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1600/800
Card Text: When this card in your hand or Graveyard is removed from play, Special Summon 1 "Reactor Token" (Spellcaster-Type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) and 1 "Producer Token" (Spellcaster-Type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) to your side of the field. You take no damage from battles involving the Summoned Tokens. They cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters until your next turn. They cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Deck Master" monster.

Card Name: Deck Master - Lord Chrono
Attribute: Light
Level: 5
ATK/DEF: 600/300
Card Text: If you control no monster, you can Special Summon this card. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster except for the Synchro Summon of a "Deck Master" Synchro monster. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, all other Synchro Material Monsters must be "Deck Master" monsters. Once per turn, you can reduce the Level of this card by 1 for each face-up "Deck Master" monster you control. When this card is removed from the field, remove it from play.

Finished.

more support will be in the next set I make.
Last edited by Laskeri on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-thePTguy wrote:
echohawk wrote:And the ptguy would ride off into the sunset on a magical unicorn surround by legions of LoLcats. :P
But, wait, I already do that every once in a while ... :P

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: No Tomorrow [NTMW]

Post by Flu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm

The effect is kind of OP'd.
First, removing a card every turn is a bit too good.
The fact that you just need to reveal the card means that once you get the effect the first time (which you would, or else you wouldn't synch for it) you would get it every turn.
I understand that it doesn't have the highest attack, but the fact that it can take care of whatever you may have that's stronger is, well, yeah.
Not only that, but after you simply reveal a monster to take care of the opponent's big monster or continuous s/t, it will run over a weaker monster, taking down two cards a turn by itself.
And, to my knowledge, there is no generic way to counter it in the PCG, so, once it goes out, if you don't have the resources to summon something bigger, you lose.
EDIT: There's actually a card in my yet to be finished set (Make-Shift Smoke bomb) that can be used to get rid of it with most monsters, but even then, you already took away two of my cards, I may not have a monster to get rid of it.
Last edited by Flu on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Laskeri wrote:it's a set focused around the "Deck Master" Archetype. basically, alternate E-Heroes.

Card Type: Monster/Synchro/Effect
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more WIND non-Tuner monsters
This monster can only be Synchro Summoned with the above Synchro Material Monsters. While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn you can reveal 1 WIND "Deck Master" monster in your hand to destroy and remove from play 1 face-up card your opponent controls.

I'll have the rest up later. probably doing it wrong, but w/e.

Red changes were just corrections to your OCG text and some PCG specifics.

Some other things;
That first sentence, I don't think you need to say that like with Fusion Monsters.
You might not need that sentence at all since I don't think there are any Tuner substitute monsters that work like King of the Swamp for Fusions.
Then again, that might be an interesting card to make, I might just make one now.
Nevermind, keep it, I want to create a Tuner substitute. :D

Anyway, for your second sentence, I think you can get rid of that whole "While this card is face-upon the field,... " part and just start it with "Once per turn... ". Unless specifically stated on a card, no monster effects occur while face-down. And the few of them that do usually get flipped in the process anyway.

EDIT: Also, Flu is right, you can just sit there and hold that one WIND "Deck Master" in your hand all game until that Synchro is finally gone. Make it a discard cost and I'd be good with it.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Flu wrote:And, to my knowledge, there is no generic way to counter it in the PCG, so, once it goes out, if you don't have the resources to summon something bigger, you lose.
EDIT: There's actually a card in my yet to be finished set (Make-Shift Smoke bomb) that can be used to get rid of it with most monsters, but even then, you already took away two of my cards, I may not have a monster to get rid of it.
I also have made a few Anti-Synchro Trap Cards myself, so we do have Synchro protection.
Anti-meta sort of cards.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Flu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Will have to look at those later.
So yeah, it's not as bad as I thought, as there are counters, but I still don't like that its only cost is to reveal.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 pm

uh. ok added some more. will edit after you fix those.

-thePTguy wrote:
echohawk wrote:And the ptguy would ride off into the sunset on a magical unicorn surround by legions of LoLcats. :P

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:07 pm

oh yeah. have to make it so that the WIND monster is removed from play for No Tomorrow's effect.

-thePTguy wrote:

Arrowblaze
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Arrowblaze » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:37 pm

... What the heck. Laserki makes a set for 10 seconds(metaphorically) and everybody and his mother posts comments while my set, nobody can't be bothered.

(end rant)

On topic: Hydro Accelerator is ridiculous. It's even better than Drill Warrior. Anybody seeing the abuse here?

And a Level 3 1700 ATK monster is...ehhh. Make it Level 4 and I'm kinda fine with it. But that means you have to increase the Level of all your monsters by 1 in order to Synchro Summon these.

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 pm

uh... yeah.
this set needs nerfing. I know it does.
and BTW, it's Laskeri.
not Lasken. how some people read "ri" as "n" is beyond me.

-thePTguy wrote:

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 am

Laskeri wrote:it's a set focused around the "Deck Master" Archetype. basically, alternate E-Heroes.

Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner monster + 1 or more WIND monsters. this monster can only be synchro summoned with the above synchro material monsters. when this card is face up on the field, once per turn you can remove from play 1 WIND "Deck Master" monster in your hand to destroy and remove from play 1 face up card your opponent controls.
Don't need the first sentence. And imo, its actually fairly balanced. Its a 1 for 1 each turn, and the stats are pretty low for a Lv8 anyway.

ATK/DEF: 2900/1450
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner monster + 1 or more Earth monsters. this monster can only be synchro summoned with the above synchro material monsters. when this card is synchro summoned, destroy and remove from play cards your opponent controls equal to the number of face up "Deck Master" Monsters you control. if you do, you cannot declare an attack this turn.
Once again, don't need 1st sentence. THIS one, on the other hand, has stats WAYYYY beyond Level 6. Drop it to 2300-2500. The Destroy and RFP will be fine if you change it from 'cards' to 'monsters' or 'spell or trap cards'. Broken as is.

Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner monster + 1 or more Water Monsters. this monster can only be synchro summoned with the above synchro material monsters. if you control this face up card during your end phase, you can remove from play this card and one card in your graveyard. during your next standby phase, you can return this card to the extra deck and special summon the other card.
Level 4 or lower monsters, and im good with it.

Card Text: When this card is normal summoned, you can add 1 "Deck Master" monster from your deck to your hand. when this card is removed from play, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.
Hmm... would you mind if it was RFPd from Field instead of RFPd from anywhere?

Card Text: When your opponent declares a direct attack, special summon this card from your hand, and it gains DEF equal to half of the attacking monster's ATK. if this card is destroyed by battle, remove it and 1 "Deck Master" monster in your hand from play.
Maybe make both effects optional? Being forced to Special Summon this isn't necessarily good, and you might end up RFPing something you don't want to at the wrong time. Just a suggestion.

Card Text: When this card is removed from play, special summon 1 "Reactor Token" (Spellcaster-type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) and 1 "Producer Token" (Spellcaster-type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) you take no battle damage from battles involving these tokens, and they cannot be used as synchro material for a synchro summon this turn. these tokens cannot be used for a synchro summon except for the synchro summon of a "Deck Master" monster.
Yeah, the drawbacks balance it out decently. JUst once again, RFPd from Field/Hand/GY. Pick two of the three. NOT Deck though, there's always the chance that someone makes a new version of Gold Sarc.

Card Text: If this card is in your hand, and you control no monsters, you can special summon this card from your hand. this card cannot be used as synchro material for a synchro summon except for the synchro summon of a "Deck Master" Synchro monster, and all other synchro material monsters must also be "Deck Master" monsters. once per turn you can reduce the level of this card up to the level of all face up "Deck Master" Monsters you control. when this face up card is removed from the field, remove it from play
Looks alright, weak stats, nice drawbacks that balance it out and render it unusable in other decks.

I'll get the support up later.

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

edited.

-thePTguy wrote:

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:08 am

Alright, the whole set looks fine now.

Just need to re-write the effects so that they're easier to understand... Copy-Paste the new Blue text I add at the bottom of each card.

Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-tuner WIND monsters.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned Except by Synchro Summoned. Once per turn you can remove from play 1 WIND "Deck Master" monster in your hand to destroy and remove from play 1 face-up card your opponent controls.
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can remove from play 1 WIND "Deck Master" monster in your hand to destroy and remove from play 1 face-up card your opponent controls.

ATK/DEF: 2400/1200
Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon . when this card is synchro summoned, destroy and remove from play monsters your opponent controls equal to the number of face up "Deck Master" Monsters you control. if you do, you cannot declare an attack this turn.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Summoned, destroy and remove from play monsters your opponent controls equal to the number of face-up "Deck Master" monsters you control. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Card Text: 1 "Deck Master" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER Monsters.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. If you control this face up card during your end phase, you can remove from play this card and one Level 4 or lower Monster in your graveyard. during your next standby phase, you can return this card to the extra deck and special summon the other card.
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. During your End Phase, you can remove this card and 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard from play. During your next Standby Phase, return this card to your Extra Deck and Special Summon the other removed from play monster.

Card Text: When this card is normal summoned, you can add 1 "Deck Master" monster from your deck to your hand. when this face-up card on the field is removed from play, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Deck Master" monster from your Deck to your hand. When this face-up card on the field is remove from play, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Card Text: When your opponent declares a direct attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, and it gains DEF equal to half of the attacking monster's ATK. if this card is destroyed by battle, you can remove it and 1 "Deck Master" monster in your hand from play.
When your opponent attacks your Life Points directly, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, and it gains DEF equal to half of the attacking monster's ATK. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can remove it and 1 "Deck Master" monster in your hand from play.

Card Text: When this card in your hand or graveyard is removed from play, special summon 1 "Reactor Token" (Spellcaster-type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) and 1 "Producer Token" (Spellcaster-type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) you take no battle damage from battles involving these tokens, and they cannot be used as synchro material for a synchro summon this turn. these tokens cannot be used for a synchro summon except for the synchro summon of a "Deck Master" monster.
When this card in your hand or Graveyard is removed from play, Special Summon 1 "Reactor Token" (Spellcaster-Type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) and 1 "Producer Token" (Spellcaster-Type/WATER/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 400) to your side of the field. You take no damage from battles involving the Summoned Tokens. They cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters until your next turn. They cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Deck Master" monster. (

Card Text: If this card is in your hand, and you control no monsters, you can special summon this card from your hand. this card cannot be used as synchro material for a synchro summon except for the synchro summon of a "Deck Master" Synchro monster, and all other synchro material monsters must also be "Deck Master" monsters. once per turn you can reduce the level of this card up to the level of all face up "Deck Master" Monsters you control. when this face up card is removed from the field, remove it from play.
If you control no monster, you can Special Summon this card. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster except for the Synchro Summon of a "Deck Master" Synchro monster. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, all other Synchro Material Monsters must be "Deck Master" monsters. Once per turn, you can reduce the Level of this card by 1 for each face-up "Deck Master" monster you control. When this card is removed from the field, remove it from play.

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:39 pm

finished.
look good?

-thePTguy wrote:

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 am

Yeah, looks good. Just ditch the 'Submission' in the thread title, then report to MysticJhn in the To-Do list of Sets, and he'll add it in his time.

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:03 am

ok.

-thePTguy wrote: