Card Set: Malice Dolls [MLDL]

All of the finalized cards are in this board.
EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Card Set: Malice Dolls [MLDL]

Post by EvilGod10 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Card Name: Malice Doll of Destruction
Card Type: Monster/Effect
Attribute: Dark
Type: Fiend
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1700/1500
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Fear
ATK/DEF: 1300/1900
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, destroy 1 Spell or Trap on your opponents side of the field.

Card Name: Malice Doll, Commander of Oppression
ATK/DEF: 1600/1400
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, set this card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Counter Trap Card with the following effect:
Negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it.

Card Name: Malice Doll, Hunter of Treasure
ATK/DEF: 1400/1600
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, add 1 "Malice Doll" except "Malice Doll, Hunter of Treasure" from your Deck to your hand.

Card Name: Malice Doll, Chemist of Poison
ATK/DEF: 1800/1300
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, halve the attack of one monster your opponent controls.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Submission
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2300/1500
Card Text: If you control one or more "Malice Doll" you can Normal Summon this card without tributes. During the End Phase of a turn you Normal Summon this card, place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card with the following effect.
Send 1 "Malice Doll" to the graveyard and Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. This card's effect can be used during either players turn.

Card Name: Malice Idle of Speed
Card Type: Spell/Continuous
Card Text: Once per turn, you can send 1 "Malice Doll" you control to the Graveyard and draw 1 card. This cards effect can be activated during either players turn.

Card Name: Malice Idle of Reincarnation
Card Text: Once per turn, you can send 1 "Malice Doll" you control to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 "Malice Doll" from your Graveyard with a different name. That monster cannot attack this turn.

Card Name: Malice Idle of Tributes
Card Type: Spell/Normal
Card Text: Tribute one "Malice Doll" monster to activate a Continuous Spell Card in your Graveyard.

Card Name: Malice Idle of Power
Card Text: When a "Malice Doll" monster is destroyed by battle you can treat it as being sent to the Graveyard by a Continuous Spell Card. This cards effect can only be used once per turn.

Card Name: Malice Temple Guards
Card Type: Trap/Normal
Card Text: Activate only when a face-up "Malice Doll" monster you control is selected as an attack target. Send the "Malice Doll" monster and the attacking monster to the Graveyard. This card's effect is treated as if it was a Continuous Spell card.

Card Name: Malice Temple Warriors
Card Text: Activate only when a "Malice Doll" monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard. It is treated as being sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card. Then, Special Summon that monster to your side of the field.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Demise
ATK/DEF: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, Special Summon this card from the Graveyard during your Standby Phase.

Card Name: Ectoplasmer
Card Text: Once during each player's End Phase, the turn player Tributes 1 face-up monster on their side of the field and inflicts damage to the opponent equal to half of the original ATK of the Tributed Monster.
Last edited by EvilGod10 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Card Set Submission: Malice Dolls [MLDL]

Post by Aleva » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Lol. A single card turned into an archetype. Interesting..
From what I can see.... the monsters look really fast, and the archetype generates too much advantage with the Continuous Spells you have. The first Malice Doll delayed the Summon until your Standby Phase. You're going to need some sort of negative effect that balances it out, or just slow it down to the next turn or something.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 am

Well, the thing is they don't work by themselves. They need other resources for their effects to go off. I will test these out before I add them to the actual set file and if it turns out that they are too fast we can either change the effects or limited them.

Also, I was thinking about making them wait until my next standby phase, but think about it, instead of destroying a card then and there and letting your opponent recover, you are destroying it at the start of your turn, meaning you can pretty much screw your opponent over.

Also, how is the OCG? I don't want my OCG fixed, I just want to know if there are any problems that you can see (and if there is I will do out and find them).

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

2 new cards.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am

2 new monsters. I am actually pretty proud with the new monster.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:16 am

Mind if you sort them out so you have monsters in one group, then spells, then traps? Its just easier that way.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 am

Better?

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:21 am

EvilGod10 wrote:These all really have big stats. Mind editing them down a bit...?

Card Name: Malice Doll of Destruction
ATK/DEF: 1700/1500
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Fear
ATK/DEF: 1300/1900
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Oppression
ATK/DEF: 1900/1000
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, set this card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Counter Trap Card with the following effect:
Negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it.
Bah, no idea what the wording is. I'm going to guess its like that. The effect looks sort of.... powerful. And the stats are huge for a level 4.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Power
ATK/DEF: 1900/1000
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, add 1 "Malice Doll" from your Deck to your hand.
Come on... you can't be serious. Actually, just reduce the stats, the problem I have with this set is Malice Power.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Poison
ATK/DEF: 1800/1300
Card Text: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard by the effect of a Continuous Spell Card, reduce the attack of 1 monster your opponent controls to 0.
Until the End Phase... I think.

Card Name: Malice Doll of Submission
Level: 6
ATK/DEF: 2300/1500
Card Text: If you control 1 or more "Malice Doll" you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. During the End Phase of a turn you Normal Summoned this card, place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card with the following effect.
Send 1 "Malice Doll" monster you control to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. This card's effect can be used during either players turn.

Card Name: Malice Power
Card Text: Once per turn, you can send 1 "Malice Doll" you control to the Graveyard and draw 1 card. This cards effect can be activated during either players turn.
These two are the main problem I have with this set. Too easy for +1.

Card Name: Malice Reborn
Card Text: Once per turn, you can send 1 "Malice Doll" you control to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 "Malice Doll" from your graveyard with a different name. That card can't attack this turn.
Same as the one above.

Card Name: Malice Ritual
Card Text: Activate only when you control a face-up "Malice Doll" monster. Activate a Continuous Spell Card in your Graveyard.
I don't think so... nerf please.

Card Name: Malice Walls
Card Text: Activate only when a face-up "Malice Doll" monster you control is selected as an attack target. Send the "Malice Doll" monster and the attacking monster to the Graveyard. This card's effect is treated as if it was a Continuous Spell card.
This one is fine, I guess.

EvilGod11
Rare Duelist

Post by EvilGod11 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 am

EviG10 says the following things.

For the stats, what do you suggest?
For Malice Doll of Power how about mirror Stratos' stats?
For Malice Doll of Poison can we make it perm half? Because I really want to keep a perm effect.
Malice Power is the decks main draw power.
Malice Reborn adds speed to the deck. The fact that it cannot attack this turn means it wouldn't be that bad.
Malice Ritual, how about this?
Tribute 1 "Malice Doll" monster you control. Activate a Continuous Spell Card in your Graveyard.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 am

EvilGod11 wrote:EviG10 says the following things.

For the stats, what do you suggest?
I'll do this one a little later...

For Malice Doll of Power how about mirror Stratos' stats?
Alright..... not as easy or as flexible as Stratos, but if it manages to get abused and get you tonnes of easy searchers, you know it'll get hit.

For Malice Doll of Poison can we make it perm half? Because I really want to keep a perm effect.
Gale huh.... Well, once again.... No Tuner, and the fact that its harder to use the effect should compensate for the level and stats.

Malice Power is the decks main draw power.
So its part of the Deck Driver engine?... Well, I guess things like B Whirl are like this too... Wait, does that mean you can activate it once during your turn and once during your opponent's?

Malice Reborn adds speed to the deck. The fact that it cannot attack this turn means it wouldn't be that bad.
Same as Power, these two are basically the same card. I guess, if they prove to be too fast, then we'll hit them accordingly.

Malice Ritual, how about this?
Tribute 1 "Malice Doll" monster you control. Activate a Continuous Spell Card in your Graveyard.
That's better.

EvilGod11
Rare Duelist

Post by EvilGod11 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 am

For Malice power, yes, I can activate it on my turn then again on my opponents turn.
And yes, it is part of the Deck Driver system.

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Updated stats, names and added a new card; Malice Idle of Power

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:04 am

The effects all look fine to me. Just some OCG errors. Do you want to fix them yourself?

EvilGod10
Card Ruling Guru

Post by EvilGod10 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:55 pm

I don't think you should be so strict on the OCG. This level should be the standard if you ask me.

Aleva
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Aleva » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Yeah, well, looking at it again, the effects look clear, so that's good. We know what they mean.

Just a few small ones.

For Malice Doll, Commander of Oppression and Malice Doll of Submission, it should be "Set this card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Counter Trap Card with the following effect" and

"place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card with the following effect
Send 1 "Malice Doll" to the graveyard to Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. This card's effect can be used during either players turn."

For Malice Idle of Power and Reincarnation, just capitalize the G in Graveyard.