Legend of Korra!

Talk about TV shows and movies here. We all watch them, after-all.
User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:45 pm

MysticJhn wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I have that btw. Guess I forgot Lin and Su were half sisters......thanks for reminding me.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs
Posts: 3009
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: Republic City
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:17 pm

The end is near. I can't wait a whole week for this.
Image

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Well, I can't say I saw that coming.

[spoiler]When the heck did this become a giant mecha anime?
I thought this series was supposed to have technology on par with the 1920s and 30s.
We couldn't even build a robot like that currently, not even minus the spirit weapon.
Also, there's no way Zhu Li, working that closely on the spirit weapon, didn't know about
the giant mecha suit.
It would take WAY too many people and rescources for her to be left in the dark, especially
since she was working on the main cannon part.
I know we, the viewers, needed to be in the dark on it, but she was working directly with Bataar Jr.
It's just impossible she knew nothing at all.

On a side note, yay for Zhu Li and Varrick being together again and her wanting to be his equal.
Zhu Li and Varrick wedding after the dust settles?[/spoiler]
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 pm

That episode was REALLY good. Meanwhile,
[spoiler]I didn't think Kuvira would come a week early. And that giant robot suit? That looks like it'll be a tough thing to take down. I have a feeling Toph will somehow help destroy this thing....Meanwhile, Mystic, I'd like to see Zhu-Li and Varrick get married, that'd be interesting to see.[/spoiler]
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Zeronex
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: South-East Asia
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Zeronex » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:31 am

I don't like it. The episode feels rushed imo
[spoiler]Kinda disappointed when the rail cannon failed to make another appearance. Oh well.
I suppose the mecha somehow explain where all the Zaofu metal domes went.
Oh and Kuvira went over the path of no return after she blasted Btaar Jr. Shame.[/spoiler]
Image

Image

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:18 am

Zeronex wrote:I don't like it. The episode feels rushed imo
[spoiler]Kinda disappointed when the rail cannon failed to make another appearance. Oh well.
I suppose the mecha somehow explain where all the Zaofu metal domes went.
Oh and Kuvira went over the path of no return after she blasted Btaar Jr. Shame.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]You know, I never thought of that.
When Bolin, Opal, and Lin first showed up, Opal says "What would she tear down the domes?"
You're right, the domes are now a giant robot.
That raises even further questions on how Zhu Li knew nothing about the giant robot.
Again, the audaince had to be left in the dark, but that's a bit of a plot hole.
You mean to tell me that, Zhu Li, sitting on Kuvira's right hand and directly working
on the project didn't notice what happened to the dome's GIANT METAL WALLS?
That's a massive undertaking that would have required hundreds of Kuvira's metalbenders to do.
The should have been a first clue for Zhu Li something was up.[/spoiler]

As for being a bit rushed, yeah, I can see that.
It's not as bad as it was in the first two seasons, Book 1's finale was especially rushed.
That's always been Legend of Korra's Achille's heel, though.
The shorter seasons didn't give it room to breathe.
Sozin's Comet took 4 whole episodes and premiered like a movie.
Short seasons and bad promotion hurt Korra more than anything (except maybe UnaVatu vs. Giant Spirit Korra).
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs
Posts: 3009
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: Republic City
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Tomorrow's the big day...
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Kamikon Wolf wrote:Tomorrow's the big day...
Spoiler:
Image
Makes me so sad ;( Actually, according to the FB page, the new episode comes out on 12:00am EST. I would watch it but school.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 am

Holy bleepity bleepity bleep!
That finale was EPIC!

It's way too early to say anything yet, as it's not even 4 am here yet, but that was beyond a great episode.
Actually, it was a full double episode finale, two episodes in one.
BUT MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF YOU TO SEE IT SO I CAN GO OFF WITHOUT SPOILERS OR RESTRICTIONS!

Also, and only click this if you SOOO dare to be spoilered beyond any other spoiler!
You have been warned!
Spoiler:
KORRA X ASAMI IS REAL!
THEY WERE FADED OUT TO "THE END" SHORTLY BEFORE KISSING!
I can't possibly see any other interpretation, and if this wasn't on Nick... holy crow.
At first they make you think MaKorra would make a final minute return,
but then they go full on KorrAsami!!!
Asami even says something to Tenzin to get Korra alone to herself!
Then they go on vacation to the Spirit World together! ALONE! NO MEN!
I nearly fangasmed. :shock:
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 19621
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Amity Park

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:39 am

Oh yeah, ONE MORE spoilery thing I need to say... (I know, double post)... ahem..

[spoiler]I CALLED IT!
MysticJhn wrote:On a side note, yay for Zhu Li and Varrick being together again and her wanting to be his equal.
Zhu Li and Varrick wedding after the dust settles?
I saw that coming a mile away![/spoiler]
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 am

I'll be sure to watch it when I can and then cry in a corner. ;(
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 am

MysticJhn wrote:Holy bleepity bleepity bleep!
That finale was EPIC!

It's way too early to say anything yet, as it's not even 4 am here yet, but that was beyond a great episode.
Actually, it was a full double episode finale, two episodes in one.
BUT MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF YOU TO SEE IT SO I CAN GO OFF WITHOUT SPOILERS OR RESTRICTIONS!

Also, and only click this if you SOOO dare to be spoilered beyond any other spoiler!
You have been warned!
Spoiler:
KORRA X ASAMI IS REAL!
THEY WERE FADED OUT TO "THE END" SHORTLY BEFORE KISSING!
I can't possibly see any other interpretation, and if this wasn't on Nick... holy crow.
At first they make you think MaKorra would make a final minute return,
but then they go full on KorrAsami!!!
Asami even says something to Tenzin to get Korra alone to herself!
Then they go on vacation to the Spirit World together! ALONE! NO MEN!
I nearly fangasmed. :shock:
You're right. Didn't think that would happen...
MysticJhn wrote:Oh yeah, ONE MORE spoilery thing I need to say... (I know, double post)... ahem..

[spoiler]I CALLED IT!
MysticJhn wrote:On a side note, yay for Zhu Li and Varrick being together again and her wanting to be his equal.
Zhu Li and Varrick wedding after the dust settles?
I saw that coming a mile away![/spoiler]
I just knew that would happen! The feels in the finale....[spoiler]Zhu-Li, will you do the thing with me for the rest of my life? I almost died! So funny! :lol:[/spoiler]
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs
Posts: 3009
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: Republic City
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:49 pm

HOLY **** ON A ******* SANDWICH
Spoiler:
Meelo was actually funny.

Prince Wu was hilarious.

Mako and Bolin did cool things.

Korra did really cool things.

HIROSHI SATO DID THE COOLEST THING AND I'M SO HAPPY HE HAD A REAL REASON TO COME BACK THIS SEASON.

Weddings make me cry.

Lebians.
Spoiler:
I never liked the Korra and Asami pairing that much. BUT, they get a pass in my book for being just subtle enough about it throughout the series and even in the ending here. I would have had a problem if The Legend of Korra became an "in your face lgbt progressiveness campaign", because that would have taken away from the last two seasons significantly. It was treated like it was a very normal thing and not given special attention. It reminds me of how homosexual relationships in Skyrim are treated. Then again, it is subtle enough that the creative staff has wiggle room to take it back if any further media (ie comics) want to use post-Korra and don't want to rustle jimmies with an open lesbian couple.

I would have preferred Mako and Korra (dude he obviously still digs her look at that loyalty tho), or hell, even Korra and Wu could have been cool (note COULD, Wu got better but he didn't become Adonis). At least this is the ending, and the events following are just up to fan speculation, which I could care less about fanfiction or head canons or what have you. I doubt we'll be getting any comics about Korra and Asami's lesbian adventures anytime soon.
Goodbye Korra :(
Image

User avatar
Nash
Secret Rare Duelist
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: Barian World
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Nash » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Kamikon Wolf wrote:HOLY **** ON A ******* SANDWICH
Spoiler:
Meelo was actually funny.

Prince Wu was hilarious.

Mako and Bolin did cool things.

Korra did really cool things.

HIROSHI SATO DID THE COOLEST THING AND I'M SO HAPPY HE HAD A REAL REASON TO COME BACK THIS SEASON.

Weddings make me cry.

Lebians.
Spoiler:
I never liked the Korra and Asami pairing that much. BUT, they get a pass in my book for being just subtle enough about it throughout the series and even in the ending here. I would have had a problem if The Legend of Korra became an "in your face lgbt progressiveness campaign", because that would have taken away from the last two seasons significantly. It was treated like it was a very normal thing and not given special attention. It reminds me of how homosexual relationships in Skyrim are treated. Then again, it is subtle enough that the creative staff has wiggle room to take it back if any further media (ie comics) want to use post-Korra and don't want to rustle jimmies with an open lesbian couple.

I would have preferred Mako and Korra (dude he obviously still digs her look at that loyalty tho), or hell, even Korra and Wu could have been cool (note COULD, Wu got better but he didn't become Adonis). At least this is the ending, and the events following are just up to fan speculation, which I could care less about fanfiction or head canons or what have you. I doubt we'll be getting any comics about Korra and Asami's lesbian adventures anytime soon.
Goodbye Korra :(
:lol:'d that you said lebians, sad that it's over :(
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Image
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

User avatar
Zeronex
Ghost Rare Duelist
Posts: 6885
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: South-East Asia
Contact:

Re: Legend of Korra!

Post by Zeronex » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

It has been a bumpy ride. Props to the LoK crews for making such superb finale even when under pressure from Nick.

[spoiler]Definitely didn't see a new spirit portal coming.
Kuvira's last stand was inspired. I love it how the vines shook her off and then directed the blast towards her, as if sentient. I suppose Korra's choice to save Kuvira was the right one. Had she died, the avatar would have created a martyr and the crisis wouldn't end as nicely as otherwise.
The battle at the controller stand was amazing as well. Bending liquid metal? Using the metal sheet that Korra used to prop her for a double knockout? Metalbending a conveyer belt to create the momentum needed to smash Korra? For a villain, Kuvira showed lots of good moves so I can't help but to be impressed.
Bolin using Ghazan tech was impressive, though it is probably something he figured out himself since Ghazan only used it once, and that was when he was breaking out of the wooden prison. Oh and hey, Mako used lightningbending during a finale, again. Probably used it somewhere other than the final episode, but either it wasn't significant or I missed it. Meh, lightningbending is hax anyway and I'm glad he didn't spam it.
Was hoping that Varrick would use his magnetism in a more awesome and flashy way, but I'm content with shutting down a mecha-suit platoon with it.
Have no strong feelings on the ending.[/spoiler]
Image

Image

Post Reply