Wallace's Limited Format

Here is the place to promote your local tournament events and to report on the results. It is also the place for YCG online tournaments, YVD and DMG.
Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Wallace's Limited Format

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I haven't been able to pay IRL in months, since most of my friends got sick of the power creep.
However, I recently tried buying pre-constructed decks and playing with those.
I got bored, and started tweaking them. My goal was to make a series of decks that were strong, balanced, and could have multiple combo-based win conditions.
Here are the .ydk files for the decks

Deck building Ruleset: (more to come)

1) The Singleton Mandate
- Main Decks must include at least 33 Unique Card names. Extra Copies of cards do not count towards this number. (Minimum deck size of 40 still applies)
>Cards that reference additional copies of themselves (such as Thunder Dragon, Peten the Dark Clown) are excused. Each copy will count towards the 33 card count.
>Cards that are fusion materials in a 3-part fusion (Blue-Eyes White Dragon) are excused. Each copy will count towards the 33 card count.

2) The Thematic Mandate
- At least 1/2 (rounded up) of the monsters in the Main Deck must share a declared Theme. A Theme can be a type or attribute. Multi-types (such as Beast- Warrior or Winged Beast) can count towards any type they mention for the Theme. I.e., Beast-Warrior monsters can count towards a Warrior Theme or a Beast Theme.
Last edited by Wallaceman105 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Wallace's Limited Format

Post by Zanrith » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 pm

I think we should create our own format. We tried that on YCG a few years back and I had a lot of fun with the format despite being eliminated in the tournament when I had to face Piers.

Edit: The thread's on this page if you want to see the format it was done in. We were all allowed to add cards to the format if they were sensible. I think we should do something similar, except have further restrictions on the card pool to create a more balanced gamestate.
insert clever signature here

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Maybe something like you must start with a pre-built structure and only be allowed to swap a limited number of cards.
Something like only 10 card changes allowed, posting a list of the cards you swapped out and swapped in.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:50 pm

OP edited with some of the deck building rules.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!