Important Writing Question

Need to rant? Looking for some opinions on how to resolve a problem. No politics or personal attacks here.
MewMew1989
Super Rare Duelist

Important Writing Question

Post by MewMew1989 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Writing is very difficult for me but has its rewards. I spent many years crafting a world I hope is strong and enduring. I spent a lot of time with character development, world-building, and brooding over all themes in my writings. I hope I express them well. I try very hard to write a great Yugioh series. Yes, they're fanfics, but I've been a Yugioh fan for more than a decade now, and I've always seen a lot of depth and potential in the original series.

But sometimes I feel I'm working a thankless job. I'm glad for all the views I get but I really wish I got more feedback sometime. About 3 years ago a person made a satire of my first chapter. The satire is dumb - I can satirize my own writing better than he can. - but I appreciate it in the sense that it is the biggest response my stories ever got.

I really wish I got more feedback and more popularity overall. Do you, dear readers, have any tips or advice you could give me to make my writing more popular or with more responses? If you think my stories are missing something important or if something is unappealing, can you please tell me?

I want my story to be popular and deeply ingrained in people's hearts, and I try very hard to make it so. I know my writing isn't perfect, and I even think it is downright awkward at times, but I always try to improve. Hell, I already have a lot of ideas on how to revamp first "season" and make it much better. It was my first attempt at writing a book work. Writing is a work in progress. Maybe I'm asking for too much or have a distorted perception of what's happening.

Any ideas?

Season 2:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=39491

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Important Writing Question

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:45 am

I mean a lot of it really depends on what you're writing about and where you're putting it. I still read a lot of your stuff here but I just don't post feedback I guess, but this forum is designed for playing the card game and even that base is already dwindling. If you haven't already you might want to try posting in places designed for fanfiction and the like and see how that goes. Besides yugioh not being the most popular series, you're also with a lot of original characters, and there are quite a lot of people who just look for stories with their favourite characters, so even if you're writing is very good, like I think it is, it's probably just the places you're reaching out to and because your story uses a lot of unrecognisable characters that at first glance a lot of people are put off. Also don't worry about thinking your own writing isnt good enough, everyone does that just because they've read it through more times than any other person.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

MewMew1989
Super Rare Duelist

Re: Important Writing Question

Post by MewMew1989 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm glad you still read my work! ^_^ For a long time I worried if you saw my responses to your comments because I happen to post the next chapter right after them. I was afraid you missed them. And yes, writing at fanfiction sites sounds like a good idea. I hardly got any views on fanfiction.net though. :/

I don't know whether Yugioh is dying these days or not. I have two choices: keep writing 3 more YGO fanfics, creating the 5 seasons I wanted to write, or transplant all my characters and ideas into a non-YGO series. It's a tough choice. :/