Rise of the Phoenix discussion.

Discuss the balance of sets, and approve or disapprove of someone's submissions here.
einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Rise of the Phoenix discussion.

Post by einstein » Mon May 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Phazed wrote:Recovery has been changed to a Quick-Play Spell Card, and only adds 1. If Fields is up, and Recovery is activated, it goes like this:
Recovery (-1)
Destroy a monster (-2)
Add 2 monsters (+0)
Change the wording on Fields, it misses timing when Recovery is used.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Phazed what about changing your boss from Keeper of the 7 sins to Keeper of sins: 7 or something so that it worlds still with the archtype support. Or change the support to include him/her.

Edit: while I'm glad you guy's are throwing out cards so fast this is still the beginning and need more generic cards.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Ignore this, 10 Skull Servant Support cards in my first post
Last edited by Lord dragon on Mon May 27, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Oh right.. that's how it was originally planned. Editing
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:03 pm

LD you are making to many cards with "this card its treated as skull servant". By now you can drop a 10,000+ level one monster with no cost.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:30 pm

More generic cards.
[spoiler]Diamond Dragon
:star2: x4
:earth: dragon/effect/4 level 4 monsters
Attack 3500/ def 3000
This card is immune to monster effects. Once per turn you can detach 2 material monsters to negate a spell or trap.

Platinum Dragon
:star: x9
:fire: dragon/effect/synchro
1 tuner+ 2 or more non tuner dragons
Attack: 3200/ def 2300
When a card targets a dragon type monster you may discard one card from your hand to negate the card. During each of your end phases pay 500 lp or destroy this card.

Clandestine Dragon
:star: x8
:light: Dragon
Attack 3000/def 2500
This majestic dragon soars through the sky seeking injustice and villainy to eradicate.

Emerald Dragon
:star2: x4
:earth: dragon/effect
2 level 4 materials
Att 2300/ def 1700
Once per turn you can detach one material monster to prevent one monster from being destroyed.

Ridgeback Dragon
:star: x4
:earth: Dragon
Att 1800/ def 1600
This study dragon makes a great mount, if only it could be tamed easier.[/spoiler]

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Mon May 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Yeah, sorry, I'm not going to C+C anymore cards without some more foresight into the exact procedure as to how many cards we get, how we move on etc as decisions seem to be made on a whim without prior notification

Also cards are being submitted en masse with very little looking over or critique. It's really difficult to manage in one thread.

There's no clarity on what a "majority" is or when things will be tested or how.

At any rate, I have exams very soon so will only be able to participate in this sparingly from now on.
:oops:

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 pm

@LD:
I'm pretty sure you passed through the archetype cards limit.
You're only supposed to have 10, and the only thing that doesn't count towards that is skull servant himself. So you're currently 3 cards over.
einstein wrote: Also, how do we decide when a card is approved? Does it just have to go through Dedoom and The Stranger, or does it need to be approved by a certain number of members?

I'm asking this because I would like the set information to be updated so we can see what cards we can add support to, and how many more cards are needed. That can't be updated until cards are 100% approved.
You need at least 2 members to approve of each of your cards individually. This was in the discussion guidelines.
And I've made the decision that, while I'll comment and veto and such, I WILL NOT APPROVE ANYONE'S CARDS ANYMORE, AND ANY APPROVALS I HAVE MADE SO FAR DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE 2 YOU NEED TO GET ACCEPTED. At least until you guys start being self-sufficient. And LewieGee can't get people's cards into the set with just himself. So that means that you physically will not get your cards into the set if you guys aren't working together. I also might increase the amount of approvals you need to 3 if I see just 2-3 people approving every card. I don't care about your knowledge on yugioh, we need your opinion regardless (especially if you plan on playing with us.)
LewieGee wrote:Again, maybe we could make separate threads for each member's submissions for a set so that it's clear where to C+C and it's easy to keep track of sets. In a thread like this it's very easy to get confused and to miss out stuff, as I imagine is the case when dedoom comes to see 3 pages and 50+ cards. Just a suggestion, though.
Yeah, we need a better organization method.
Perhaps each person gets their own thread so that set discussion as a sub-forum doesn't get super cluttered?
(Unfortunately I still don't have moderator powers here, and I doubt doom does if I don't, so whenever we decide on this stuff I'll have to beg admin for them.)
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 pm

LewieGee wrote:Yeah, sorry, I'm not going to C+C anymore cards without some more foresight into the exact procedure as to how many cards we get, how we move on etc as decisions seem to be made on a whim without prior notification
Stranger and many others want as many as you can so however many you have at any point. Just please spoiler them

Also cards are being submitted en masse with very little looking over or critique. It's really difficult to manage in one thread.
What would you recommend?

There's no clarity on what a "majority" is or when things will be tested or how.
Ok majority was meant for cards that are being debated strongly by mutilate people. At that point whichever side has more support would win. If there is no debate then it goes through quickly.

At any rate, I have exams very soon so will only be able to participate in this sparingly from now on.
It saddens me that you will be out of this thread for awhile but I hope for a swift return. Good luck with exams.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Mon May 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Each person having a thread would make this way more organized. I'll start trying to approve of people's cards
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 pm

I've missed this topic ever since it came out, how the heck did it get here? :/
I'll get to work on making some cards on wednesday or something, wouldn't want to be left out of the party.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Bloody Rose
Secret Rare Duelist
Location: A place where time can go backwards and I can continue to move forward :)

Post by Bloody Rose » Mon May 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Spoiler:
Name: Rosario - Phantom Queen of Roses
Attribute: Dark
Level/Rank: 4
ATK/DEF: 2400/1500
Type: Spellcaster/XYZ/Effect
Effect: 2 Level 4 “Rosario” monsters
This card can attack twice per Battle Phase. Twice per turn, if this card destroys a monster by battle that had 0 ATK and sends it to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of destroyed monster in the Graveyard.

Name: Rosario – Phantom Dragon of Roses
Level/Rank: 6
ATK/DEF: 2300/1800
Type: Dragon/Synchro/Effect
Effect: 1 “Rosario” tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Once per turn; you can select up to 3 “Rosario” cards in your Graveyard and return them to the deck. When this card destroys a monster by battle that has 0 ATK; draw 1 card. Once, while this card is face-up on the field; you can Normal Summon 1 “Rosario” monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set.

Name: Rosario - Gorgon Mandragora
ATK/DEF: 1700/1000
Type: Plant/Effect
Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand if you control a face-up “Rosario” monster with a different name than this card. When this card is Special Summoned: Select monsters your opponent controls up to or equal to the number of “Rosario” monsters you control; reduce their ATK to 0 until the End Phase.

Name: Rosario – Angel of Thorns
Level/Rank: 3
ATK/DEF: 1300/1000
Type: Fairy/Tuner
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower “Rosario” from your deck. It cannot attack and is destroyed at the end of your turn. If this card is used as Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of a “Rosario” Xyz monster or Sycnhro material for a “Rosario” Synchro Monster; reduce the ATK of all face-up monsters your opponent controls to 0.

Name: Rosario – Phoenix Amaryllis
ATK/DEF: 1600/1000
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned; Special Summon1 Level 3 “Rosario” monster from your Graveyard and increase it’s Level by 1. It cannot attack and is destroyed at the end of your turn. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard; decrease this card’s Level by 1.
Spoiler:
Name: Rosario – Revival Lekunga
ATK/DEF: 1200/1000
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned; Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Rosario” monster from your Graveyard. It cannot attack and is destroyed at the end of your turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Xyz Summon or Synchro Summon of a “Rosario” monster; add 1 “Rosario” card from your deck to your hand.

Name: Rosario – Phantom Mefist of Roses
ATK/DEF: 2800/1300
Type: Zombie/XYZ/Effect
Effect: 3 Level 4 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls with 0 ATK. When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap that would destroy a card you control; you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; negate the activation and destroy it. If you detach a “Rosario” monster as Xyz material with this effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to it’s ATK in the Graveyard.

Name: Rosario – Phantom Blader of Roses
Level/Rank: 7
ATK/DEF: 2200/2000
Type: Warrior/Synchro/Effect
Effect: 1 “Rosario” tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no Battle Damage involving this card when this card is attacking an opponent’s monster. Any monster that battles with this card with ATK higher than this card’s ATK has its ATK reduced to 0 after damage calculation. When this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 “Rosario” Tuner monster from your Graveyard.

Name: Rosario – Asura Rose Priestess
ATK/DEF: 1500/1000
Type: Fairy/Tuner
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Rosario” monster from your deck. It cannot attack and is destroyed at the end of turn. If this card is used as Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of a “Rosario” Xyz monster or Sycnhro material for a “Rosario” Synchro Monster; reduce the ATK of all face-up monsters your opponent controls to 0.

Name: Rosario – Poison Ivy Serpent
ATK/DEF: 1700/1000
Effect: When this card is destroyed by the effect of a “Rosario” card you control; you can select monsters your opponent controls and “Rosario” cards in your Graveyard (except this card) up to the number “Rosario” monsters in your Graveyard (max. 2): Reduce the selected monsters on your opponent’s side of the field to 0 and return the selected cards in your Graveyard to your deck. Once per duel, you can destroy 1 “Rosario” monster you control to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.
Spoiler:
Name: Rosario’s Garden of the Phantom Queen
Attribute/Type: Field Spell
Effect: While this card is on the field, all monsters your opponent controls with 0 ATK cannot attack and their effects are negated. Once per turn, select 1 “Rosario” monster you control: Until your opponent’s next End Phase; that card cannot be removed from the field by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect; you destroy 1 “Rosario” monster you control instead.

Name: Rosario – Tourniquet of Wilted Roses
Attribute/Type: Continuous Trap
Effect: Destroy 1 “Rosario” monster you control. As long as this card remains on the field; Destroy any monster your opponent controls with 0 ATK. During your 2nd End Phase after this card’s activation; destroy this card and draw 1 card for each monster destroyed with this effect. This card cannot be destroyed by the effect Spell cards while this card is activated.

Name: Rosario – Queen’s Blessed Rosary Beads
Attribute/Type: Counter Trap
Effect: Activate only when a “Rosario” card you control is targeted by the effect of an Effect monster: Negate and destroy that card, then draw 1 card.
Signature credit goes to ventes183

Ej1997
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Ej1997 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Ok since the field spells clear lets try out some support

A Magician's Duty
:spell: :sQuick:

When an opponents monster with 2700 or more atk is summoned. Special summon one Spellcaster from the graveyard in defense mode. It's effects are negated and it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Guard of the Master
:dark:
:star: :star: :star:
Spellcaster/Effect
1000/2000
Flip: This card cannot be destroyed this turn. If this card would be banished: Banish one card from your graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle equip it to one level 7 or higher Spellcaster. If the monster this card is equiped to would be destroyed: Destroy this card instead.

Elemental Master Sieg Hart
:light:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Spellcaster/Effect
2500/100
When this card is normal summoned banish one card from your opponents graveyard. While this card is one the field you may choose one monster you control. Your opponent cannot target any other card on the field for attack or card effects.

Sorcerer of Destruction
:dark:
:star: :star: :star: :star:
Spellcaster/Effect
1900/200
When this card is destroyed by battle or by a card effect: Destroy one card your opponent controls.

Magician of Wonders
:water:
:star: :star: :star: :star:
Spellcaster/Effect
1800/300
When this card is normal summoned target one Spellcaster type monster in your graveyard: If this card is destroyed by battle special summon that card from the graveyard. This effect can only be used once per turn.
signature made by Stardust Dragon also known as Zanrith
YCG Takeover
Wallaceman105 wrote:You know, weddings can be extremely emotional experiences.
Sometimes, even the cake is in tiers.

einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by einstein » Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I think we need to halt new ideas for this set, there are probably enough cards. If space opens up, then more can be made, but for now I think people can wait until the next set.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Mon May 27, 2013 6:28 pm

@Stranger: yeah, sorta just started drooling and forgot what I was doing. Redid Archtype, 10 cards

[spoiler]King of The Skull Servants
Dark
Level 1
Zombie/Effect
?/0
The original ATK of this card becomes the number of "King of the Skull Servants" and "Skull Servant" cards in your Graveyard x 1000. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by removing from play 1 other "King of the Skull Servants" or "Skull Servant".

Skull Servant
Dark
level 1
300/ATK 200/DEF
A skeletal ghost that isn't strong, but can mean trouble in large numbers.

Lady in Wight
Dark
Level 3
Zombie/Effect
ATK/0 DEF/2200
Face-up Level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monsters on the field, except "The Lady in Wight", cannot be destroyed by battle and are unaffected by Spell/Trap effects. This card's name becomes "Skull Servant" while it is in the Graveyard.

Wightmare
Dark
Level 1
Zombie/Effect
ATK/300 DEF/200
While it is in the Graveyard, this card's name is treated as "Skull Servant". You can discard this card to activate 1 of the following effects:
● Select 1 of your removed from play "Skull Servant" or "Wightmare", and return it to your Graveyard.
● Select 1 of your removed from play "The Lady in Wight" or "King of the Skull Servants", and Special Summon it.

Wight Parasite
Dark
Level 2
Insect/Union
100/100
Once per turn, during your main Phase, you can discard 1 card to equip this card (from your hand) to 1 "King of the Skull Servants", "Skull Servant", or "Wight" Monster. While this card is on the field you can equip it to a "King of the Skull Servants", "Skull Servant", or "Wight" Monster. A Zombie-Type Monster Equip with this card gains 100ATK and 200DEF for each "Skull Servant" in the Graveyard. When a "King of the Skull Servants" Equip with this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, you can send this card to the graveyard; The King of the Skull Servants can attack again, but to Battle Damage is dealth. (1 Monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped Monster is Destroyed as a result of battle, destroy this card instead.)

Wight Bones
Trap Continuous
Special Summon this card (Dark/Level4/Zombie/ATK1300/DEF1700). This card is still treated as a Trap Card. This card can not be tributed.

Wight Skull
Dark
Level 3
Zombie/Tuner
300/200
While you control a Face-Up "Wight Bones" you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can Banish 1 "Skull Servant" From your Graveyard, this cards level becomes equal to the banished monsters until the End Phase. This card can only be used in the Syncro Summon of a Zombie-Type Monster.

The Wight - Lord of Bones
Dark
Level 5
Zombie/Effect/Synchro
1 Zombie-type Tuner + 1 or more non-tuners
?/2400
While this card is on the field its name is "King of the Skull Servants". This cards original ATK is equal to the number of "Skull Servants" in the graveyard x1300. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle you can banish this card and the monster that battled with it, to special summon 1 "King of the Skull Servants" From your Hand, Deck, or graveyard and it gains an additional 1000ATK. Your opponent can not target a monster you control for a attack or card effect other than this card.

Skull Pile
Field Spell
Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to activate 1 of the following effects;
-Send 1 "Wight" Monster to the graveyard.
-Add 1 "Wight" Monster from your deck or graveyard, then add 1 "Wight" Monster in your hand to the place you just received your "Wight" monster from.
-Both players draw 1 card, then send 1 card to the graveyard.

Wight Party
Normal Trap
During your Main Phase, Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, your oppoent selects 2 of those cards; Add 1 to your hand and shuffle the rest back into your deck. You can not special summon, exept for level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monsters until your next Draw Phase. You can only use 1 Wight party each turn.[/spoiler]
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.