The Stranger - Rise of the Phoenix

Discuss the balance of sets, and approve or disapprove of someone's submissions here.
The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

The Stranger - Rise of the Phoenix

Post by The Stranger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:54 pm

[spoiler]Awakened Charmer Aussa
Earth
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
1000/2000
This card gains the following effect depending on its attibute:
● EARTH: If an “Awakened Charmer” monster Card you control is selected as an attack target, you can negate that attack.
● FIRE: You can discard 1 card; for the rest of this turn, “Awakened Charmer” monsters you control are not affected by trap cards.
● WATER: When this card is special summoned, you can add 1 banished “Awakened Charmer” monster to your hand.
● WIND: You can discard 1 card from your hand and banish 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster from your graveyard; draw 1 card.
You can only use 1 "Awakened Charmer Aussa" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Awakened Charmer Hiita
Fire
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
1900/1100
● EARTH: During either player's turn, you can discard one card; during this turn, "Awakened Charmer" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's trap cards.
● FIRE: During either player’s turn, you can banish this card and 1 card you control to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
● WATER: When this card is special summoned, you can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.
● WIND: When an "Awakened Charmer" monster you control is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can tribute 1 card you control to special summon 1 monster from your deck with the same name as that monster. This effect cannot be activated if that monster was sent to the graveyard for a Synchro or Tribute Summon.
You can only use 1 "Awakened Charmer Hiita" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Awakened Charmer Eria
Water
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect 1700/1300
● EARTH: If a face-up Field Spell Card would be destroyed by a card effect, or a Field Spell Card would be activated, you can tribute this card; negate the effect and destroy it. If you do, during the end-phase of that turn, you can discard one card to special summon this card from the graveyard.
● FIRE: Once per turn, you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand.
● WATER: You can target one spell or trap card your opponent controls; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card, your opponent can target 1 card destroyed by this effect from their graveyard and add it to their hand. You cannot destroy cards your opponent controls with the effects of "Awakened Charmer" monsters until your next end phase after you use this effect.
● WIND: When this card is normal summoned, you can send 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster from your deck to the graveyard.
You can only use 1 "Awakened Charmer Eria" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Awakened Charmer Wynn
Wind
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect 1800/1200
● EARTH: During either player's turn, you can discard one card; during this turn, "Awakened Charmer" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's spell cards.
● FIRE: Once per turn, you can change the battle positions of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.
● WATER: When this card is special summoned, you can add 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster from your graveyard to your hand.
● WIND: When this card is normal summoned, you can add 1 Field Spell Card from your deck to your hand. During the end phase of the turn you use this effect, if this card's attribute is WIND, you lose 2000 lifepoints.
You can only use 1 "Awakened Charmer Wynn" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Awakened Charmer Lyna
Light
Rank 4
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2300/1700
2 Level 4 monsters with the same Attribute.
When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can target 1 level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard with the same Attribute as this card; during the end phase of this turn, you can Special Summon that monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field with the same attribute as this card; Destroy it and gain Lifepoints equal to its ATK. While this card is an Attribute other than LIGHT you may activate this effect: Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Awakened Charmer Dharc
Dark
Rank 4
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2500/1500
2 Level 4 monsters with the same Attribute
When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can Banish 1 card you control to add 1 Field Spell Card or level 4 Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If a monster with the same Attribute as this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.

Valley of Earth
Spell/Field
Once per turn you can return this card to your hand. You cannot activate "Valley of Earth" during the turn you activate this effect. Only 1 "Valley of" Spell Card can be activated per turn. All monsters on your side of the field and in your graveyard become EARTH monsters. Once per turn, if a "Awakened Charmer" monster would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy one card your opponent controls instead.

Valley of Fire
Spell/Field
Once per turn you can return this card to your hand. You cannot activate "Valley of Fire" during the turn you activate this effect. Only 1 "Valley of" Spell Card can be activated per turn. All monsters on your side of the field and in your graveyard become FIRE monsters. "Awakened Charmer" monsters gain 300 ATK. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can target 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster you control; banish it until your next stand-by phase.

Valley of Water
Spell/Field
Once per turn you can return this card to your hand. You cannot activate "Valley of Water" during the turn you activate this effect. Only 1 "Valley of" Spell Card can be activated per turn. All monsters on your side of the field and in your graveyard become WATER monsters. Once per turn, you can tribute 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster you control to special summon 1 level 4 or lower “Awakened Charmer” monster from your graveyard.

Valley of Wind
Spell/Field
Once per turn you can return this card to your hand. You cannot activate "Valley of Wind" during the turn you activate this effect. Only 1 "Valley of" Spell Card can be activated per turn. All monsters on your side of the field and in your graveyard become WIND monsters. Once per turn, you can return 1 monster Card you control to the deck; add 1 “Awakened Charmer” monster from your deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Monster Rescue Team
Light
Level 4
Warrior/Effect
1400/1500
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can banish this card. During the End Phase of a turn that this card was banished while face-up on the field, you can Special Summon this card and add 1 of your banished monster cards to your hand.

(Warning: Terrible comedy incoming! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

Lyin' Lion
Dark
Level 4
Beast/Effect
1500/1000
Once per turn, you can target 1 Spell or Trap card on the field; Special Summon it to its owner's side of the field as an Effect monster (Beast-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1000). If that card was set, summon it in face-down Defense position; Otherwise, summon it in face-up Attack position.

Cheetin' Cheetah
Dark
Level 4
Beast/Effect
1400/1200
Once per turn, you can target 1 face-up monster card on the field; place it face-up in its owner's Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card with the following effect: Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 monster in your Spell & Trap Card Zone.

To The Shadow Realm With You!
Spell/Continuous
Target up to 2 cards your opponent controls; Banish them. When this card is removed from the field, return the cards targeted by this effect to the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Act of God
Spell
target 1 Spell or Trap card your opponent controls; Destroy it. Your opponent gains 1000 Lifepoints.

Act of Demons
Spell
Pay 1000 Lifepoints and target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it.

Fixed Income
Spell
Draw 1 card; For the rest of this turn, you cannot add any cards to your hand.

What a Great Investment!
Spell
Send 1 Field Spell Card you control to the graveyard; Draw 1 card and add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your Hand. You cannot activate Field Spell Cards until your next end phase.

Papers, Please
Trap/Counter
When your opponent activates a spell or trap card, or summons a monster: Negate that card and Banish it. During the end phase of this turn, your opponent can add that banished card to their hand. You cannot declare an attack until your next end phase.[/spoiler]

These ones are new, btw:

[spoiler]Stealth Saboteur
Dark
Level 8
Warrior/Synchro/Effect
2000/2600
1 tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Once per turn, when your opponent Special Summons a monster, you can discard 1 card; Destroy it.

Cynthia the Malicious Hexer
Dark
Level 7
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
2400/1600
Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can target one monster on the field; that monster's ATK becomes 0 until your next end phase after this card's activation. This effect cannot be activated during the battle phase.

Limiter Machine
Earth
Level 6
Machine/Synchro/Effect
2200/2000
During either player's turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change that monster to face-down defense position. This effect can only be activated once while this card is face-up on the field.

Hade-Hade
Earth
Level 5
Beast/Synchro/Effect
2000/2100
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can return all monsters on the field to the hand. You cannot conduct your battle phase the turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]
Spoiler:
Dynomite
Fire
Rank 5
Dinosaur/Xyz/Effect
2400/0
2 Level 5 Monsters
This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. When this card attacks, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to attack all monsters your opponent controls simultaneously. If you do, monsters you control cannot attack directly during this turn.

Heavenly Guardian
Light
Rank 3
Fairy/Xyz/Effect
0/0
2 Level 3 Monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to gain 2000 Lifepoints. When this card is removed from the field, you lose 2000 lifepoints.

Princess Pikeru
Light
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
0/0
When this card is summoned, switch it to defense position. While this card is face-up on the field, you cannot summon any monsters, except by this card's effect. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 "Animal Friend Token" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 2000). If this card would be destroyed, you can tribute 1 "Animal Friend Token" instead.

Ridiculous Rebirth
Spell
This card's name is treated as "Miraculous Rebirth". Special summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your graveyard. You can discard 1 card; if you do, that monster cannot be sent to the graveyard or banished until your opponent's next end phase.

Hastened Rebirth
Spell/Quick-play
This card's name is treated as "Miraculous Rebirth". Special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your graveyard.

Ballad of the Hero
Spell
Monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until your opponent's next end phase. All battle damage your opponent takes during the turn you play this card is halved.

Ballad of the Maiden
Spell/Quick-Play
Target 1 monster you control; Until the end phase of the turn you activate this card, that monster cannot be destroyed.

Ballad of the Fortress
Spell/Quick-Play
Monsters you control cannot be targeted for an attack. You take no battle damage during this turn.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: The Stranger - Rise of the Phoenix

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:09 pm

[spoiler]Stealth Saboteur - Maybe change it "During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster this turn, you can discard 1 card; if you do not, this card is destroyed." and perhaps a minor ATK bump?

Hade Hade - Love it, but perhaps specify the Owner/controller?

Act of God - Didn't like MST? make it quick-play or unchain-able maybe?

Act of Demons - Limit it to face-up or down? Doesn't cost you a thing, but can destroy any monster. Either that or Limit it imo

Fixed Income - Great as is!

What a Great Investment! - The next end phase bit confuses me, perhaps "for the rest of this turn."

Papers, Please - Seems fine

Monster Rescue Team - Lol, love it

Lyin' Lion - Interesting. . . but seems like to easy of a way to get rid of your opponents spell and traps.

Cheetin' Cheetah - "regardless of summoning conditions" perhaps?

To The Shadow Realm With You! - good good![/spoiler]

Voting yes to:
papers, Please
To the Shadow Realm with You
Monster Rescue team
Fixed Income
Act of God
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Lord dragon wrote:[spoiler]Stealth Saboteur - Maybe change it "During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster this turn, you can discard 1 card; if you do not, this card is destroyed." and perhaps a minor ATK bump?
All of the synchros need their attack and defense reworked, I made these before we changed the rule on attack power and I forgot to change them... :oops:
I think I'm actually going to change him so that his destruction isn't once per turn to compensate. The idea is that he's great at stunning the opponent, but he's constantly eating your resources, even if they avoid activating him. So decks that have a decent answer to him can retaliate really easily.

Hade Hade - Love it, but perhaps specify the Owner/controller?
That was intentional; you get to clear their field, but you get your field cleared too, and it starts at a -1 this way since he sends himself to the extra.

Act of God - Didn't like MST? make it quick-play or unchain-able maybe?
I would make it quick-play, but LewieGee basically made dust tornado with a different name so I'd rather like it to be a choice between spell or trap (which is very useful with the reliance on field spells.) The same thing with unchainability, since a big part of the utility of a dust tornado spell would be the ability to hit a trap before your opponent can chain it.

Act of Demons - Limit it to face-up or down? Doesn't cost you a thing, but can destroy any monster. Either that or Limit it imo
It costs you lifepoints? It's worse than Soul Taker as it is, and I asked people to add some sort of system by which to prevent their most powerful monsters from being picked off with stuff like this. I could limit it to face-up if it bugs you that much, but that doesn't seem like a big difference.

What a Great Investment! - The next end phase bit confuses me, perhaps "for the rest of this turn."
I think it's technically supposed to be "until the end phase" but Einstein is doing the wording corrections.

Lyin' Lion - Interesting. . . but seems like to easy of a way to get rid of your opponents spell and traps.
There are a ton of better ways to get rid of spell/trap cards than lion currently.
Awakened Charmer Eria, that one fairy Lewiegee made, Act of God, and LewieGee's version of dust tornado.
The utility is still there, and it was designed around leaving that use open, but its primary purpose is to generate a monster for you from your own spell/trap cards, either for xyz/synchro fuel or as an extra 1500 ATK monster to use.

Cheetin' Cheetah - "regardless of summoning conditions" perhaps?
Sure, I didn't really think about nomis when I made that.

To The Shadow Realm With You! - good good![/spoiler]

Voting yes to:
papers, Please
To the Shadow Realm with You
Monster Rescue team
Fixed Income
Act of God

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

for Hade Hade I meant specify where monsters return to, the controller or the owner.

Stealth Saboteur - if you leave the 'cost' as is and make the effect more than once per turn that would be extremely OP. I just though that as it was it seemed odd that you can end up having to pay the 'cost' even if you don't use the effect.

Act of Demons - No Effing clue what I read, I was thinking of Soul Taker I guess :lol:

Act of God - Just sorta thought that a Spell Speed 1 that only destroys 1 S/T and also gives your opponent 1000LP needed something. . . more. . . Faster, unchainable, multiple targets. Nothing wrong with it as is, just seems weaker than it needs to be.

Lyin' Lion - Well he hasn't posted them yet has he?
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Lord dragon wrote:for Hade Hade I meant specify where monsters return to, the controller or the owner.
Is that really necessary? If I wanted it to be a weird effect where I bounced your cards into my hand for whatever reason, I would specify it. It might be a good idea to add this to the wording rules. Maybe just make it read "bounce all monsters on the field" instead of the whole return thing.

Stealth Saboteur - if you leave the 'cost' as is and make the effect more than once per turn that would be extremely OP. I just though that as it was it seemed odd that you can end up having to pay the 'cost' even if you don't use the effect.
The idea was that he could take out your opponent's stuff, but unless you got rid of the evidence you would have to pay the price. So if you don't want to keep discarding you either have to let him die or be prepared and banish whatever he destroyed. I can see how multiple times per turn can get ridiculous, though. My logic was that you could play around it and force your opponent a -1 per turn. Maybe make it multiple per turn, but you can't summon monsters while you have it on the field?

Act of God - Just sorta thought that a Spell Speed 1 that only destroys 1 S/T and also gives your opponent 1000LP needed something. . . more. . . Faster, unchainable, multiple targets. Nothing wrong with it as is, just seems weaker than it needs to be.
Like I said, assuming the dust tornado copy gets added, I want to maintain the dynamic rather than make the other one "that card that you add after you've maxed out Act of God."

Lyin' Lion - Well he hasn't posted them yet has he?
He posted them in the set discussion, and (hopefully) will post them again in his own thread. Either way, the other two are in this thread.

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by mastermew » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 am

papers, please is now a computer game about russian immigration, ive been playing it, so i would know
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:33 am

mastermew wrote:papers, please is now a computer game about russian immigration, ive been playing it, so i would know
That's where I got the name from, actually.

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by mastermew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 am

kool fo katz, other then that, i vote for your cards :)
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Added new cards:
Spoiler:
Dynomite
Fire
Rank 5
Dinosaur/Xyz/Effect
2400/0
2 Level 5 Monsters
This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards. When this card attacks, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to attack all monsters your opponent controls simultaneously. If you do, monsters you control cannot attack directly during this turn.

Heavenly Guardian
Light
Rank 3
Fairy/Xyz/Effect
1800/1800
2 Level 3 Monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to gain 2000 Lifepoints.

Princess Pikeru
Light
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
0/0
When this card is summoned, switch it to defense position. While this card is face-up on the field, you cannot summon any monsters, except by this card's effect. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 "Animal Friend Token" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 2000). If this card would be destroyed, you can tribute 1 "Animal Friend Token" instead.

Ridiculous Rebirth
Spell
This card's name is treated as "Miraculous Rebirth". Special summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your graveyard. You can discard 1 card; if you do, that monster cannot be sent to the graveyard or banished until your opponent's next end phase.

Hastened Rebirth
Spell/Quick-play
This card's name is treated as "Miraculous Rebirth". Special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your graveyard.

Ballad of the Hero
Spell
Monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until your opponent's next end phase. All battle damage your opponent takes during the turn you play this card is halved.

Ballad of the Maiden
Spell/Quick-Play
Target 1 monster you control; Until the end phase of the turn you activate this card, that monster cannot be destroyed.

Ballad of the Fortress
Spell/Quick-Play
Monsters you control cannot be targeted for an attack. You take no battle damage during this turn.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

You may want to change Heavenly Guardian or you well have made the Gob archtype insanely annoying

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:28 pm

dedoombringer wrote:You may want to change Heavenly Guardian or you well have made the Gob archtype insanely annoying
You have a trap card that does that in the archetype already...

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:33 pm

:lol: 3 Monster Reborn remakes so far.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 am

I approve all your cards

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:10 am

You may want to compare the last line of your first 4 Charmers with their names.

The valley field spells offer too easy of discard fodder, and they are a little unspecific on where they are returning from. Make them to the deck rather than hand, or add a discard. . . something

Heavenly Guardian really needs something to force the removal of a material
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Lord dragon wrote:You may want to compare the last line of your first 4 Charmers with their names.

The valley field spells offer too easy of discard fodder, and they are a little unspecific on where they are returning from. Make them to the deck rather than hand, or add a discard. . . something

Heavenly Guardian really needs something to force the removal of a material
Thanks. "Elementalist" was the original name of the archetype.

For the record, the valley spells can't use their first effect in the graveyard.

He has the lifepoint gain ability? Isn't that plenty? There's no downside so I'm sure you would use it every time you get the chance.
Although I think I'm going to nerf that to 1000. Either that or make it like Aegis of Gaia where you lose all of it after he dies. I forgot that lifepoints can be useful.