Promo06 - Gaia's Deep Freeze

Discuss the balance of sets, and approve or disapprove of someone's submissions here.
Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Promo06 - Gaia's Deep Freeze

Post by Promo06 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Spoiler:
Legendary Frozen Dragon Knight
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
2700/2500
"Frozen Knight" + "Frozen Dragon"
This card's summon can not be negated. This card is unaffected by opponent's spell and trap card effects.

Frozen Knight
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
"Frozen Warrior" + level 3 Frozen tuner monster
Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this cards summon. Once per turn you can banish one "Frozen Warrior" from your graveyard to target one spell/trap your opponent controls. Destroy that card. Ownership of this card cannot switch

Frozen Dragon
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
"Frozen Dragoon" + level 3 Frozen tuner monster
Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this cards summon. Once per turn you can banish one "Frozen Dragoon" from your graveyard to target one monster your opponent controls. Destroy that card. Ownership of this card cannot switch.

Guardian of the Frozen Village
Water
Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 3 "Frozen" Monsters
Once per turn you can detach one material from this card to target one spell/trap card your opponent controls. Destroy that card.

Frozen Destruction Shield
Trap Normal
When a "Frozen" monster you control is attacked, negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster. Your opponent then takes damage equal to the destroyed monster's original attack stat.

Gathering of the Frozen Forces
Spell Normal
Add one level 4 or lower "Frozen" monster from your deck to hand.
Spoiler:
Frozen Scout
Water
Level 3
Warrior/Effect
1700/900
When this card is destroyed by battle, you can special summon one level 4 or lower Water monster with 900 defense from your deck.

Frozen Village of the Northern Glaciers
Spell Field
When this card is activated, you can special summon one level 4 or lower normal monster from your deck to your side of the field. If you activate this effect, you my not conduct your battle phase. All Face-up Water monsters gain 500 attack.
Spoiler:
Frozen Dragoon
Water
Level 4
Dragon/Normal
2000/900
This Icy Dragon keeps itself warm by practicing its fire-breathing skills outside on the snowy glaciers. One day he will become the legendary dragon its village needs.

Frozen Warrior
Water
Level 4
Warrior/Normal
2000/900
This Icy warrior keeps himself warm by training his martial arts skills deep inside the Northern Caverns. One day he will become the legendary warrior his village needs.

Frozen Dragoon Warrior
Water
Rank 4
Dragon/Xyz/Effect
2000/900
2 level 4 monsters
When this card is summoned you can change one defense position monster your opponent controls to face-up attack position (flip-effects are not activated at this time). You can detach one material from this card to select one monster your opponent controls. It loses 500 attack and this card gains 500 attack.

Frozen Sage
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
When this card is summoned: Target 1 monster in either player's graveyard. Banish that target and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent.

Frozen Ancient
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
When this card is summoned: Reveal your opponent's hand. For each monster card in your opponent's hand they take 200 points of damage.

Spell Stun
Trap Normal
You may only activate this card during your opponent's draw phase. Neither player can activate spell cards until the end of your next turn.

Jamming the gears
Counter Trap
Negate the effects of one trap card your opponent activates.

Emergency Synchro Fusion
Spell Normal
Pay 1000 life points, if you do not have 1000 life points, instead pay half of your life points. When both monsters listed on a fusion summon are both synchro monsters, you may banish both of those synchro monsters from your field or graveyard to summon the fusion monster which lists those synchro monsters as its materials. You may only use this effect of "Emergency Synchro fusion" once per duel. When this set card is destroyed, draw 1 card.
Wanting the approval folks
Last edited by Promo06 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Promo06 - Gaia's Deep Freeze

Post by Lord dragon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Only allowed 1 Water Specific card? Im sure Stranger will correct me if I missunderstood something.

Um, dont have time to read these :lol:
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 am

Lord dragon wrote:Only allowed 1 Water Specific card? Im sure Stranger will correct me if I missunderstood something.

I thought we were allowed five attribute specific?

If not I can change one to more archtype specific. Or just make Frozen Scout 900 defense without water typing.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Promo06 wrote:
Lord dragon wrote:Only allowed 1 Water Specific card? Im sure Stranger will correct me if I missunderstood something.

I thought we were allowed five attribute specific?

If not I can change one to more archtype specific. Or just make Frozen Scout 900 defense without water typing.
You can have 5 attribute specifics of a themed attribute.
You can only have 1 regarding every other attribute.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:10 pm

I told you Stranger would correct me if I was wrong!
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Promo06 wrote:
Spoiler:
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3000/2700
This card's summon can not be negated. This card is unaffected by opponent's card effects.
The second part is a clause that should never be included in any card ever.
I understand it's hard to summon. This card is just too annoying to exist. About 90% of decks just don't have an answer to it, so at that point it's like if Exodia made you sit around for another 3 turns while he slowly sucked your lifepoints dry.

Frozen Knight
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this cards summon. Once per turn you can banish one "Frozen Warrior" from your graveyard to target one spell/trap your opponent controls. Destroy that card. Ownership of this card cannot switch
Approved

Frozen Dragon
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this cards summon. Once per turn you can banish one "Frozen Dragoon" from your graveyard to target one monster your opponent controls. Destroy that card. Ownership of this card cannot switch.
Approved

Water
Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
Once per turn you can detach one material from this card to target one spell/trap card your opponent controls. Destroy that card.
No material specifications?

Frozen Chalice
Spell Quick-Play
Target one face-up monster on the field. Apply both of these effects:
- Negate its effect until the end phase
- The monster also loses 400 attack until the end phase. If it was a "Frozen" monster, it instead gains 800 attack.
Shouldn't the second effect be "gains 400 atk" instead of losing it?

Trap Normal
When a "Frozen" monster you control is attacked, negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster. Your opponent then takes damage equal to the destroyed monster's base attack stat.

Spell Normal
Spoiler:
Frozen Scout
Water
Level 3
Warrior/Effect
1700/900
When this card is destroyed by battle, you can special summon one level 4 or lower Water monster with 900 defense from your deck.
Approved.

Spell Field
When this card is activated, you can special summon one level 4 or lower normal monster from your deck to your side of the field. It can't attack this turn. All Face-up Water monsters gain 500 attack. If you don't pay 500 life points at each of your standby phases, destroy this card.
First effect needs to have something to prevent you from synchro/xyz summoning it off immediately. Possibly more than that. It's really difficult to balance a special summon from the deck.
Instead of making the 500 life point cost come in at every stand-by, it should probably be at activation and be a little bigger.
Spoiler:
Frozen Dragoon
Water
Level 4
Dragon/Normal
2000/900
This Icy Dragon keeps itself warm by practicing its fire-breathing skills outside on the snowy glaciers. One day he will become the legendary dragon its village needs.
Approved

Frozen Warrior
Water
Level 4
Warrior/Normal
2000/900
This Icy warrior keeps himself warm by training his martial arts skills deep inside the Northern Caverns. One day he will become the legendary warrior his village needs.
Approved

Frozen Dragoon Warrior
Water
Rank 4
Dragon/Xyz/Effect
2000/900
2 level 4 monsters
When this card is summoned you can change one defense position monster your opponent controls to face-up attack position (flip-effects are not activated at this time). You can detach one material from this card to select one monster your opponent controls. It loses 500 attack and this card gains 500 attack.
Approved

Frozen Sage
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
When this card is summoned: Target 1 monster in either player's graveyard. Banish that target and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent.
Approved

Frozen Ancient
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
When this card is summoned: Reveal your opponent's hand. For each monster card in your opponent's hand they take 200 points of damage.
Well that sounds extremely annoying.
Approved.

Spell Stun
Trap Normal
Negate the effects of all spell cards until the end-phase of this turn.
Seems a little too powerful on your opponent's turn. Especially since I'm somewhat sure that, from the way it's worded, it would make any spell card you chained it to fizzle.

Trap Stun
Trap Normal
Negate the effects of all trap cards until the end-phase of this turn.
Not sure about this one getting in.
Seems a little too OTKish.

Emergency Synchro Fusion
Spell Normal
Pay 1000 life points, if you do not have 1000 life points, instead pay half of your life points. When both monsters listed on a fusion summon are both synchro monsters, you may banish both of those synchro monsters from your field or graveyard to summon the fusion monster which lists those synchro monsters as its materials. You may only use this effect of "Emergency Synchro fusion" once per duel. When this set card is destroyed, draw 1 card.
Is the once per duel part referring to the draw or the fusion?

No one give me votes yet, still have several more cards coming. Just wanting some critique. I feel they may be a tad underpowered because of complete and total lack of special summoning effects. Someone give me some feedback.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:21 pm

The Stranger wrote:
Promo06 wrote:
Spoiler:
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3000/2700
This card's summon can not be negated. This card is unaffected by opponent's card effects.
I understand it's hard to summon. This card is just too annoying to exist. About 90% of decks just don't have an answer to it, so at that point it's like if Exodia made you sit around for another 3 turns while he slowly sucked your lifepoints dry.

I'll change it just spells and traps? And perhaps bring down his attack score so battle is still a reasonable way to die. He really is incredibly hard to get out though. I can't foolish materials to the grave and I can't spam the field so he is the win condition of the deck. Its nigh impossible to bring him out. Even in this slow format we've created.

Frozen Knight
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Approved

Frozen Dragon
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Approved

Water
Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect

Whoops. Changing to 2 Level 3 Frozen monsters

Frozen Chalice
Spell Quick-Play
- The monster also loses 400 attack until the end phase. If it was a "Frozen" monster, it instead gains 800 attack.
It starts out as a reverse Forbidden Chalice, but then turns into a card that can really have a lot of utility in a Frozen deck.

Trap Normal
When a "Frozen" monster you control is attacked, negate the attack and destroy the attacking monster. Your opponent then takes damage equal to the destroyed monster's base attack stat.

Spell Normal
Spoiler:
Frozen Scout
Water
Level 3
Warrior/Effect
1700/900
Approved.

Spell Field
When this card is activated, you can special summon one level 4 or lower water normal monster from your deck to your side of the field. It can't attack this turn. All Face-up Water monsters gain 500 attack. If you don't pay 500 life points at each of your standby phases, destroy this card.
First effect needs to have something to prevent you from synchro/xyz summoning it off immediately. Possibly more than that. It's really difficult to balance a special summon from the deck.
Instead of making the 500 life point cost come in at every stand-by, it should probably be at activation and be a little bigger.

Maybe instead of standby phase effect, "when you activate this card, you must pay 1500 life points." I don't want to lose the speed this card grants the deck. Otherwise its a deck that literally centers on normal monsters with no quick way of getting to the field. As a result, I would be fighting an uphill battle even with generous attack scores
Spoiler:
Frozen Dragoon
Water
Level 4
Dragon/Normal
2000/900
Approved

Frozen Warrior
Water
Level 4
Warrior/Normal
2000/900
Approved

Frozen Dragoon Warrior
Water
Rank 4
Dragon/Xyz/Effect
2000/900
2 level 4 monsters
Approved

Frozen Sage
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Approved

Frozen Ancient
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
Well that sounds extremely annoying.
Approved.

Spell Stun
Trap Normal
Seems a little too powerful on your opponent's turn. Especially since I'm somewhat sure that, from the way it's worded, it would make any spell card you chained it to fizzle.
Exactly. It would negate one opponent's spell card, then continue to shut them down for the rest of the turn. From what I've seen, spells are going to be victory deciders in this metagame and this card provides a great way of negation. It comes out a +0 that also prevents Opponent from using spells. Maybe I could change it to "During your opponent's draw phase, you can activate this card?"

Trap Stun
Trap Normal

Understandable. Maybe counter trap. "Negate the effect of one trap card your opponent activates." No cost just a +0

Emergency Synchro Fusion
Spell Normal
The fusion. The draw is to give it something to do if you want to run multiple copies to speed up your deck. However even as a bluff its still extremely dead.

No one give me votes yet, still have several more cards coming. Just wanting some critique. I feel they may be a tad underpowered because of complete and total lack of special summoning effects. Someone give me some feedback.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

How about making him just immune to spell and trap due to how hard it will be to summon. Or make it immune to destruction effects?

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Promo06 wrote:
The Stranger wrote:
Promo06 wrote:
Spoiler:
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3000/2700

I'll change it just spells and traps? And perhaps bring down his attack score so battle is still a reasonable way to die. He really is incredibly hard to get out though. I can't foolish materials to the grave and I can't spam the field so he is the win condition of the deck. Its nigh impossible to bring him out. Even in this slow format we've created.
That should be ok, depending on what attack it will have.

Water
Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect

Whoops. Changing to 2 Level 3 Frozen monsters

Approved

Frozen Chalice
Spell Quick-Play
It starts out as a reverse Forbidden Chalice, but then turns into a card that can really have a lot of utility in a Frozen deck.
Forbidden chalice already is a utility card; this version kind of makes it a "best of both worlds" situation. You get your effect negation and you get your ATK manipulation too.
It's not that it's overpowered or anything, it's just kind of odd that you would take out chalice's design.

Trap Normal
Is this new, or did I miss this?
Can you make the damage part only activate if the monster is actually destroyed? It's a pretty minor nerf, but I don't want to be prepared for this sort of situation, attack with my big beatstick, and then lose to the damage this card deals regardless of whether the effect actually went through.
Spoiler:
Spell Field
When this card is activated, you can special summon one level 4 or lower water normal monster from your deck to your side of the field. It can't attack this turn. All Face-up Water monsters gain 500 attack. If you don't pay 500 life points at each of your standby phases, destroy this card.

Maybe instead of standby phase effect, "when you activate this card, you must pay 1500 life points." I don't want to lose the speed this card grants the deck. Otherwise its a deck that literally centers on normal monsters with no quick way of getting to the field. As a result, I would be fighting an uphill battle even with generous attack scores
Understand how abusable that is, though... I mean, you get to summon a 2500 beatstick immediately, even if it can't attack that turn, so when you factor in immediate synchro combos, that probably result in a monster that has summon protection and then gives a free pop...
Okay, how about this:
It has to be activated at the beginning of main phase 1 to get the summoning effect, but you only have to pay the LP if you use the summoning effect.
Instead of the monster it summons not being able to attack, you skip your entire battle phase.
Cannot be used as material for a non-Frozen synchro/xyz.
Spoiler:
Spell Stun
Trap Normal
Exactly. It would negate one opponent's spell card, then continue to shut them down for the rest of the turn. From what I've seen, spells are going to be victory deciders in this metagame and this card provides a great way of negation. It comes out a +0 that also prevents Opponent from using spells. Maybe I could change it to "During your opponent's draw phase, you can activate this card?"
How about that and it's still active during your next turn, so that you don't get any spell cards either.

Trap Stun
Trap Normal

Understandable. Maybe counter trap. "Negate the effect of one trap card your opponent activates." No cost just a +0
That would be fine. Basically seven tools without the lifepoint cost.

Emergency Synchro Fusion
Spell Normal
The fusion. The draw is to give it something to do if you want to run multiple copies to speed up your deck. However even as a bluff its still extremely dead.
If you want, you could give it something better than the bluff effect. Since it's not like the fusion part is game breaking in the first place.
Approved as it is now, though.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Promo06 wrote:
Spoiler:
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
2700/2500
This card's summon can not be negated. This card is unaffected by opponent's spell and trap card effects.
I thought we couldn't make "cannot be negated" cards? :| Oh well, it's balanced.

Frozen Knight
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this cards summon. Once per turn you can banish one "Frozen Warrior" from your graveyard to target one spell/trap your opponent controls. Destroy that card. Ownership of this card cannot switch.
Approved.

Frozen Dragon
Water
Level 7
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2500/900
Approved.

Water
Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 3 "Frozen" Monsters
Approved.

Frozen Chalice
Spell Quick-Play
I'd like to point you towards my "Disdain" that I made for RotP.

Trap Normal
Agreeing with Stranger here. Also, I think you meant original attack

Spell Normal
I think it's fair. Approved.
Spoiler:
Frozen Scout
Water
Level 3
Warrior/Effect
1700/900
Approved.

Spell Field
When this card is activated, you can special summon one level 4 or lower normal monster from your deck to your side of the field. It can't attack this turn. All Face-up Water monsters gain 500 attack. If you don't pay 500 life points at each of your standby phases, destroy this card.
I like Stranger's suggestion. Don't know what Stranger was talking about LP-wise, so I think you should just take out the maintenance cost.
Spoiler:
Frozen Dragoon
Water
Level 4
Dragon/Normal
2000/900

Frozen Warrior
Water
Level 4
Warrior/Normal
2000/900
Change the attack on one of these two, seems kinda monotonous if you use the same stats.

Frozen Dragoon Warrior
Water
Rank 4
Dragon/Xyz/Effect
2000/900
2 level 4 monsters
Approved.

Frozen Sage
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Approved.

Frozen Ancient
Water
Level 3
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
1400/900
Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect
Approved.. even though I don't like burn that much.

Spell Stun
Trap Normal
There's really no downside to this card.. Read what Stranger suggested.

Trap Stun
Trap Normal
Changes made by Stranger :p

Emergency Synchro Fusion
Spell Normal
Approved for now.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am

Stranger - So, changed everything. Didn't understand the LP effect in the field spell. Also, you must've missed Frozen Destruction Shield. If you look closely at its wording it only inflicts damage to the opponent if the monster was destroyed. Otherwise, no burn "Your opponent then takes damage equal to the destroyed monster's original attack stat."

Destroyed monster. If it wasn't destroyed, no damage.

Also, Phazed - they are sort of like a duo kind of thing. They are both supposed to fuse together for Legendary Dragon Knight.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Your legendary dragon should be stronger, it is a fusion of two level 7 synchro monsters. If they manage to get that it should be a sweeper.
Level 10
Att 3200/def 3000
Imo

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am

dedoombringer wrote:Your legendary dragon should be stronger, it is a fusion of two level 7 synchro monsters. If they manage to get that it should be a sweeper.
Level 10
Att 3200/def 3000
Imo
Stranger doesn't want it to be invincible to everything and I can accept that. Its needs to be vulnerable to something so its vulnerable to monsters whether it be by effects or by battle.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 am

And I agree but it should be physically stronger is what i'm saying.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:51 am

dedoombringer wrote:And I agree but it should be physically stronger is what i'm saying.
If I give it 3200 attack points, it will literally crush anything and everything. Especially with Forbidden Chalice replacement being a card. Can't remember what it was called. I think Mistake maybe?

Anyways, its powerful enough as is. Maybe a slight, very slight jump to 2800, but I doubt it honestly. Besides the field spell puts him at 3200 already (just realized that).