The Stranger - Gaia's Deep Freeze

Discuss the balance of sets, and approve or disapprove of someone's submissions here.
Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: The Stranger - Gaia's Deep Freeze

Post by Promo06 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm still a bit uncomfortable with Sigurd.

He is just really powerful.

Anyways, squatting on Vinni is a tad ridiculous, maybe a slight adjustment to that defense stat. Otherwise, if you can keep your opponent from grabbing any big monsters, your opponent could lose 1000 lifepoints per turn.

That would make for a pretty OP stall deck. I think I might veto the current Vinni. I simply don't want him used in other strategies with stall decks.

Also, Berserkergang is pretty underpowered. You can up that a bit, maybe instead banish 1 from graveyard. Oh and don't forget that its all face-up "Fist of Nature" you currently control. Otherwise that wording can be quite misleading.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Promo06 - Dueling Network ID
FinalEquin0x - Pokemon Showdown ID

PM me if you ever want to duel or battle.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Sigurd's Beast effect seems very abusable / loopable. I don't think that Sigurd should be able to attack your own monsters.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Promo06 wrote:I'm still a bit uncomfortable with Sigurd.

He is just really powerful.

Anyways, squatting on Vinni is a tad ridiculous, maybe a slight adjustment to that defense stat. Otherwise, if you can keep your opponent from grabbing any big monsters, your opponent could lose 1000 lifepoints per turn.

That would make for a pretty OP stall deck. I think I might veto the current Vinni. I simply don't want him used in other strategies with stall decks.

Also, Berserkergang is pretty underpowered. You can up that a bit, maybe instead banish 1 from graveyard. Oh and don't forget that its all face-up "Fist of Nature" you currently control. Otherwise that wording can be quite misleading.
I might just rework vinni to have nothing to do with burn/heal.
It seems like there's no way to make it unusable as a burn/stall win condition without making the effect trash at what it was meant to do in the first place.

I was actually worried that berserkergang was overpowered, when you can reuse that to get all of your fist of nature effects twice in one turn, especially factoring in cards like Sigurd and Fenrir that generate more monsters to kill.
I don't get why I need to add face-up to berserk?
Phazed wrote:Sigurd's Beast effect seems very abusable / loopable. I don't think that Sigurd should be able to attack your own monsters.
Would it be better if he could only summon fist of nature monsters? I think it was actually supposed to be that, if you combined berserk+sigurd+a recruiter (like giant rat) you could swarm the field and probably OTK. Same goes for Fenrir.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 am

The Stranger wrote:
Phazed wrote:Sigurd's Beast effect seems very abusable / loopable. I don't think that Sigurd should be able to attack your own monsters.
Would it be better if he could only summon fist of nature monsters? I think it was actually supposed to be that, if you combined berserk+sigurd+a recruiter (like giant rat) you could swarm the field and probably OTK. Same goes for Fenrir.
Yeah, seems like a good solution.

Regarding Berserkergang, I think that it's pretty OP. But like I said, you should change the wording from "each battle phase" to "this battle phase" to make it sound like it isn't a permanent effect.
= Guide to Hieratics =

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 am

If you remove the standby phase effects from Vinni and change Sigurd to Fist of Nature monsters only then I will approve everything.

I'll approve everything besides them now though.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Changed Sigurd and Fenrir to only summon Fist of Nature monsters.
Replaced Vinni's standby effects with something entirely different (although I was pretty conservative with what they are, since Vinni's hand advantage effects are already pretty good.)
Changed berserkergang's wording.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Wait so if Fenrir destroys a monster, your opponent can only summon a Fist of Nature monster?
= Guide to Hieratics =

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Phazed wrote:Wait so if Fenrir destroys a monster, your opponent can only summon a Fist of Nature monster?
Yeah, I worded that wrong.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:15 am

Everything looks fine now. I'm still betting this archtype will be one of the more powerful ones though.

Anyways

Approved all

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Nicely done.

Approving all.
= Guide to Hieratics =

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Some new stuff:
Eco-friendly fusion is, essentially, an easy solution for anyone who wants to summon a fusion monster. I realized it was kind of silly to make everyone individually make miracle fusion clones if they want their fusion to be viable when we could just make something splashable. I tried to balance it in such a way that other fusion spell cards are still playable in comparison.
The recruitment officers are... well, it should be pretty obvious what their effects look like. I cut off the recruiter loop from the standard base game recruiters because Brock (the earth recruiter) would get pretty crazy in a fist of nature deck if I didn't, so I gave them a little extra functionality in lieu of summoning themselves from the deck (summoning from the graveyard and summoning in defense position.)
[spoiler]Eco-Friendly Fusion
Spell/Normal
Return to your deck, from your Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, then Fusion Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn this card is activated.[/spoiler]
Spoiler:
Recruitment Officer Brock
Earth
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 EARTH monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Brock" can only be activated once per turn.

Recruitment Officer Rio
Water
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 WATER monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Rio" can only be activated once per turn.

Recruitment Officer Gustav
Wind
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 WIND monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Gustav" can only be activated once per turn.

Recruitment Officer Amber
Fire
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 FIRE monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Amber" can only be activated once per turn.

Recruitment Officer Angelica
Light
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 LIGHT monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Angelica" can only be activated once per turn.

Recruitment Officer Lucifer
Dark
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Lucifer" can only be activated once per turn.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I would say go ahead agf add the air version so everything is covered.
All approved

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 pm

dedoombringer wrote:I would say go ahead agf add the air version so everything is covered.
All approved
Recruitment Officer Gustav
Wind
Level 1
Warrior/Effect
500/500
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, special summon 1 WIND monster with 1500 or less ATK from your deck or graveyard. The effect of "Recruitment Officer Gustav" can only be activated once per turn.
The only attribute not included is Divine.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Sorry I missed it.

Promo06
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Promo06 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Maybe beef them up a bit.

Those low Attack/Defense scores can go up to 1500/whatever

Especially with the nerf in the effect.