Remnants of the Past - The Stranger

Discuss the balance of sets, and approve or disapprove of someone's submissions here.
The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Remnants of the Past - The Stranger

Post by The Stranger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:06 am

So I'm late as heck. I hurt my finger and wasn't able to type very much for the past week, and this is the first set since rise of the phoenix that I didn't have back-up cards designed. It's not a happy combination.
Spoiler:
Parasite Leech
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
1700/300
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. Its attack becomes 0. "Parasite" monsters you control gain half the equipped monster's original ATK. During the turn this card is equipped to that monster, it cannot be destroyed by battle. When the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Leech" can only be activated once per turn.

Parasite Fluke
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
300/2100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. Its effect(s) are negated. If the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Fluke" can only be activated once per turn.

Parasite Protozoa
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
1300/1100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. When the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can add 1 "Parasite" card, besides "Parasite 3", from your deck to the hand. When the equipped monster is destroyed, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Protozoa" can only be activated once per turn.

Parasite Worm
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
900/100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. The equipped monster can only be tributed or used as summoning material by the controller of this card. If you use the equipped monster as summoning material, the other summoning materials must be "Parasite" monsters. The effect of "Parasite Worm" can only be activated once per turn.

Parasite Toxoplasma
Rank 4
Dark
Reptile/Xyz/Effect
2000/2000
2 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, you can target 1 monster equipped with a "Parasite" monster your opponent controls; take control of that monster. That monster cannot be tributed or used as summoning material. If the "Parasite" monster equipped to that monster is removed from the field, return that monster to its original owner.

Parasitic Buffet
Spell/Normal
Destroy all monsters equipped with a "Parasite" monster.

Parasitic Infection
Trap/Normal
Target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip 1 "Parasite" monster from your graveyard to it.
Spoiler:
Asexual Procreation
Spell/Quick-Play
Remove one token you control, and special summon 2 tokens. Their name, level, attribute, type, ATK and DEF are the same as the removed token.

Elemental Explosion
Spell/Quick-play
Monsters you control are treated as being all attributes. All Spellcaster-type monsters you control gain 600 ATK until the end phase of this turn.
This is how the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

mastermew
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Remnants of the Past - The Stranger

Post by mastermew » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:47 am

fix parasite leech so that it says original attack, not just attack because then your monsters would gain nothing if its at 0
praise the almighty helix
dn: mastermew00

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 am

mastermew wrote:fix parasite leech so that it says original attack, not just attack because then your monsters would gain nothing if its at 0
Done.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Interesting concept, can't wait to see where you take it.
Right now I have a problem with Worm being able to latch on during your opponents turn.

The Stranger
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by The Stranger » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:23 pm

dedoombringer wrote:Interesting concept, can't wait to see where you take it.
Right now I have a problem with Worm being able to latch on during your opponents turn.
Worm's effect other than getting synching an opponent's monster are a little useless when he can't use them on the opponents turn. He probably needs a nerf, but I'll probably brain storm a different way of doing it.
Although remember that if your opponent can get rid of the monster a different way, he doesn't have the same recovery special summon the others do, so he's just dead. It's still advantageous since you stopped one of their plays, but you don't get to synch with it.

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 pm

The Stranger wrote:So I'm late as heck. I hurt my finger and wasn't able to type very much for the past week, and this is the first set since rise of the phoenix that I didn't have back-up cards designed. It's not a happy combination.
Spoiler:
Parasite Leech
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
1700/300
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. Its attack becomes 0. "Parasite" monsters you control gain half the equipped monster's original ATK. During the turn this card is equipped to that monster, it cannot be destroyed by battle. When the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Leech" can only be activated once per turn.
I dislike it being able to equip during either players turn. I also dislike it summoning itself, perhaps if it summoned a different parasite from hand/grave or a token? Although make it your turn only and add this, I think that would make it balanced "You can only activate 1 effect of "Parasite Leech" per turn and only once that turn.

Parasite Fluke
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
300/2100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. Its effect(s) are negated. If the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Fluke" can only be activated once per turn.
Um, add something so that its clear it has to be on the field. The Leech I mean

Parasite Protozoa
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
1300/1100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. When the equipped monster is removed from the field, you can add 1 "Parasite" card, besides "Parasite 3", from your deck to the hand. When the equipped monster is destroyed, you can special summon this card. The effect of "Parasite Protozoa" can only be activated once per turn.
"Each effect of "Parasite Protozoa" can only be activated once per turn." And again the field thing

Parasite Worm
Level 4
Dark
Reptile/Effect
900/100
During either player's turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that monster. The equipped monster can only be tributed or used as summoning material by the controller of this card. If you use the equipped monster as summoning material, the other summoning materials must be "Parasite" monsters. The effect of "Parasite Worm" can only be activated once per turn.
This is where I get lazy. Will check again later and either edit this post or make a new post of thoughts.

Parasite Toxoplasma
Rank 4
Dark
Reptile/Xyz/Effect
2000/2000
2 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, you can target 1 monster equipped with a "Parasite" monster your opponent controls; take control of that monster. That monster cannot be tributed or used as summoning material. If the "Parasite" monster equipped to that monster is removed from the field, return that monster to its original owner.

Parasitic Buffet
Spell/Normal
Destroy all monsters equipped with a "Parasite" monster.

Parasitic Infection
Trap/Normal
Target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip 1 "Parasite" monster from your graveyard to it.
Spoiler:
Asexual Procreation
Spell/Quick-Play
Remove one token you control, and special summon 2 tokens. Their name, level, attribute, type, ATK and DEF are the same as the removed token.

Elemental Explosion
Spell/Quick-play
Monsters you control are treated as being all attributes. All Spellcaster-type monsters you control gain 600 ATK until the end phase of this turn.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.