The YCG Clan Wars thread

You, duelist, have chosen to be apart of the clan wars on YCG.
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

The YCG Clan Wars thread

Post by Zanrith » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:34 pm

*Quick Guide*
If something is white, then it has been removed from the original rules.
If something is italic, then it has been added to the original rules.
Spoiler:
-Welcome to The Clan Wars-
You, duelist, have chosen to be apart of the clan wars on YCG. This is much bigger than just any tournament you would have seen on here. Founded by YCG's own members due to several disputes in the past, the purpose of this is to create the greatest continuous clan war this forum has ever seen. There are clans which have their own history, leaders, strengths, weaknesses, and honors. There are clans out there which you can join, or if you are a long-time member of YCG, you can make your own to join the fight! Take on the greatest clans and become a master of duels! Earn awards to show your glory! Let the fight begin.
-Rules and regulations-
Read ALL of it before posting anything. Do ask questions and point anything out that isn't on here.
Spoiler:
New style of Warring, as said by fyreberd52,
fyreberd52 wrote:Each team starts with 7 hearts. We'll refer to them as team-hearts. Each individual player starts with two hearts. We'll call them player-hearts. When a player loses a match they lose one of their player hearts and their team loses a team heart. If a player loses both of their player hearts then they are eliminated from the war. The first team to lose all of its team hearts loses the war.
IMPORTANT!
Spoiler:
1. If you are not updating your clan thread, or have gone inactive without a replacement, your clan will be considered for removal. To avoid this, pick a co-leader! you must have people backing you up if something were to happen!
2. As leader, you must coordinate your clan. Use pms or skype or something, but if you don't have members to respond to a challenge, then you're going to have an issue you have to worry about. You will have to send out a pro or elite instead of member, putting you at a huge disadvantage.
3. Don't Complain if you lose. We all want to have a fun time here.
4. You can only challenge a certain clan twice in one month, and you must wait 1 week to challenge them after the challenge has been over.
5. You can request for your clan to be inactive, but not removed! If you don't have a solid replacement ready and something urgent happens, you can pm me and I can change your clan status to inactive, meaning no one can challenge you and your clan cannot participate in challenges for all clans, or recieve awards.
Spoiler:
To challenge another clan, you must go to their clan thread and make a post demanding a challenge. You must follow these regulations:
1. Both clans must have at least 3 members, and 1 leader.
2. Play TCG advanced format, with TCG legal cards ONLY.
3. The clan cannot already be in a battle with another clan if they have less than 5 members. If a clan has 5-10 members, they cannot be challenged if they are in 2 battles. If a clan has at least 11 members, they cannot be challenged if they are in 3 battles.
Spoiler:
If your clan is challenged, it is your duty as a clan leader to fight in the warring battle. To accept the challenge, you must post a new thread for the specific war, using fyreberd's example. you must quote the challenger's challenge, then post on this thread to declare you are accepting their challenge. If you do not accept the challenge within a week, your clan will be considered for removal from the official clan teams list. All of the lists mentioned will be in this post once the wars begin.
You must battle within a week, or the battle will go to whoever was being challenged. If it is a timezone issue, you can ask for an extension by posting on here.
Other information
Spoiler:
There are ranks for each member within a clan.
Leader - Founder or leader of the clan. Makes all the calls and can change around ranks within their clan. Can approve new members. Can only have 3 Clan Leaders.
Elite - Can approve new members, but cannot promote anyone. Can only have 5 clan Elites.
Pro - Considered higher than member, but lack as much authority as elite. Can only have 7 Pros.
Member - Gains the title of being in the clan. Can have an unlimited amount of members.
You MUST always have 1 of each type of rank in your clan if your clan is more than 5 members. If it has less than 5, you do not have to have any members, just pro and up.
Spoiler:
To start a clan, you must meet these conditions:
1. You must have been on the forum for a period longer than 3 months.
2. You must be an active member who gets on the forums regularly.
3. You must have more than 500 posts.
4. You must post your username with clan name (must be forum appropriate) and 3 more people which will be joining your clan on the Clan Sign-Ups thread (here).
5. You cannot post a clan thread until you have finished approval. You can post a clan thread to get members, but you cannot post for a challenge until you have met the requirements.
5. You must choose 3 types for your clan, in which 50% of your clan's main deck's monsters must be limited to those 3 types.
Spoiler:
You can go and find a clan page of an already existing clan if you cannot or do not want to make your own clan by asking them if you can join theirs. You must meet these conditions to join a clan:
1. You must be on the forum for more than a month.
2. You must have more than 50 posts.
2. You must be a member who can have access to dn or another dueling site that the other clans can all use.
3. No alternative accounts will be accepted. Only one account per person.
Spoiler:
Follow these regulations to how your clan page should basically look like, in numerical order:
1. Post the name of your clan, with the Bracketed 4 letter name you have next to it.
2. Post a list of your members, with dueling network usernames.
3. Post a place for times challenged by a certain clan.
4. Post a place to show your clan awards.
5. Post a place for where your 3 types will be shown.
Spoiler:
On the members list, you have to post a certain member's name then rank in brackets, and then rating. rating is 2 numbers, # of duels/# of wins. The clan leader MUST update this. It should look like:
[duelist1] [Leader] 30/28
[duelist2] [Elite] 40/35
[duelist3] [Pro] 50/41
[duelist4] [Member] 60/47
Spoiler:
Clan Format has the Bracketed name, then the # of wins next to the # of times challenged.
Example:
[CLAN]13/16
[PROS]4/9
[WNRS]9/14
You can decorate the rest of the page with colors and make it look really nice. In fact, that is quite preferred if you want to encourage people to join your clan.
Spoiler:
How the battles work
Your clan has 4 ranks, this is where they come into play. You send out a member of your lowest-ranked class to go and fight the lowest member of the opposing clan's class in a match duel. Winner reports to this thread. If a member wins a duel, they play the next highest rank of the opponent's clan's team. When a leader is defeated, the battle is considered won to the clan who defeated the leader. A clan cannot change a member's rank during a battle with another clan.
*NEW*
Spoiler:
A clan leader may now give an award to another clan they feel is deserving of an award. For example, clan A might like to give clan B an award for beating them in clan A's declared war. Clan B may then post the award on their clan page. Official awards to certain clans doing certain feats and accomplishments will be added soon! Stay Tuned!
Spoiler:
1. There is a clan wars commissioner which runs the clan wars and monitors the council.
The current commissioner: Zanrith.
2. You may be in more than 1 war so you can be challenged multiple times to improve competition!
3. We are playing TCG advanced format. You may change decks between duels, but not during the middle of a match.
4. Clans must establish 3 monster types they will use in their decks. 50% of the monsters in their clan member's decks have to be in the 3 declared types.
5. Clans can change one of their types after 2 months.
6. A given type can only be used by clans twice. Clans can only share one common type with another clan.
7. If disconnect happens then they can petition for a rematch to the disputes council, which is all of the members of the council except for the leaders of the clans which are involved in that war.
8. People can leave their clans if they want, and can join a clan their old clan is warring, but cannot participate in the war.
9. Clans can pick an attribute instead of 3 types, and other clans can also use the same attribute.
Last edited by Zanrith on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:06 am, edited 49 times in total.
insert clever signature here

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: [YCCW] The YCG Continuous Clan Wars thread

Post by sgtc1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

You said each clan has strenghts and weaknesses.warriors have no weakness.also by those rules ^^ warriors wont even exist.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Doom shall lead his spellcasters!
Image___________
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
dedoombringer wrote:Doomster is when I "hulk" up and crush dragons.
Feel free to duel me on DN, name: antsyo

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:17 pm

The op drags sound scarier.

fyreberd52
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by fyreberd52 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 am

First and foremost, this is very well put together and organized so congrats to those who put in the time and effort. As a (somewhat) senior member I'm excited to join and keep this thing going. My question is why can't clans war with more than one opposing clan at a time? I just feel that (especially at the beginning) there won't be many clans and having one sit out while the others play will lead to stagnation and loss of interest in the clan wars. Clans should be allowed to war up to 2 or 3 opposing clans at a time so no one's left out and there's always another team to play. Also, quick question. Who is overseeing this whole thing? Is it you, Stardust? Or is it a combined effort by a few members?
DN: fyreberd52

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:40 am

It should just be you ask anybody from an opposing clan to a duel. If you win you get a point.

If this ever ends, we tally up the points to see who wins.
X X

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:44 am

fyreberd52 wrote:My question is why can't clans war with more than one opposing clan at a time? I just feel that (especially at the beginning) there won't be many clans and having one sit out while the others play will lead to stagnation and loss of interest in the clan wars. Clans should be allowed to war up to 2 or 3 opposing clans at a time so no one's left out and there's always another team to play.
I initially had made the rules like that in order to prevent one clan in particular from being challenged and overwhelmed. If it turns out that really isn't going to be an issue, then we can remove the restriction. I agree with your suggested values, however, and think we can let the number of challenges a clan can have at once be proportional to the number of members they have, such as if a clan has less than 5 members, they can only have 1 challenge, 5-10 members, 2 challenges, 10-15 members, 3 challenges... etc. I'll post it in the op.
fyreberd52 wrote:Also, quick question. Who is overseeing this whole thing? Is it you, Stardust? Or is it a combined effort by a few members?
Right now I'm pretty much running it, although I want this to be self-run and adaptive once things start getting setup and get moving. Ants has helped me get the rules together, we got into a debate over a banlist we were going to add, but we decided against adding one at all. We figured it would lead to too many complications and people will argue if you ban/unban something no matter what. What my goal is by setting this up is to get the previously established "clan systems" which have already existed to work on organizing matches, battles, tournaments with special awards/honors, things like that. I envision the clan leaders will be running this by themselves as long as there are people on the forum interested.

Victory
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Victory » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:08 am

Is there a way I can reserve the right to a Warrior's Clan when I reach 500 posts?
Dueling Network: Utopia Ray Cyrus

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:11 am

Victory wrote:Is there a way I can reserve the right to a Warrior's Clan when I reach 500 posts?
No, you must have 500 posts in order to start one. If someone else starts a clan, you can join it and ask them to be promoted to leader.

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:36 am

1: Xyz is right with individual battle but leave an option for leaders to clan challenge
2; no thread invasions! If you are not part of the clan or plan on joining that clan dont post in their thread. This will prevent flaming.

I will think of more to add

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 am

Victory wrote:Is there a way I can reserve the right to a Warrior's Clan when I reach 500 posts?
trust me i just need 4 more months to become a "senior member" and if no one does warriors, ill start it and add you.(hopefully no one does,not 2 many people seem to be into it :/ )

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:08 am

You could always ask Mystic if you want a warrior clan, he might do it.
Naturally Spellcasters are the first clan with a leader and waiting for his followers.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:57 am

This sounds like a great idea, I can't wait for it start ^_^ how long did this take you guys to make? I would join a clan right away, but I want to see what other kind of types and stuff there will be...
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:This sounds like a great idea, I can't wait for it start ^_^ how long did this take you guys to make? I would join a clan right away, but I want to see what other kind of types and stuff there will be...
You forgot about my proposition?
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

dedoombringer
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dedoombringer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Why don't you make the warrior clan Rowdey?