yugioh is dead

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

yugioh is dead

Post by jwestbro11 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:51 am

I dealt with it. Yugioh is a diffrent game now the game is faster but game play and how fast cards get dated in zexal I could still play cloudians and win a few now those archtpes are dead why does konami keep bringing back the ghoasts of its past blue eyes dark magician red eyes buster blader acient gear abc is just a redesigned xyz why does konami keep brining these back. Why not add some support to other archtypes genex ally of juctice roids. It weird how 3 of the top decks in the game are just decks are blu eyes, heros, and xyz of all things. I know I sound like a hypeacrite but if I wanted to play these cards. I would have play them in video games back in the day not 15 years after they where first printed quit casing your own goast and make a new yugioh with new dominate cards. Not the same tired Poop with a new coat of paint. End rant
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

Darksoul
Ultra Rare Duelist

Re: yugioh is dead

Post by Darksoul » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:26 am

jwestbro11 wrote:I dealt with it. Yugioh is a diffrent game now the game is faster but game play and how fast cards get dated in zexal I could still play cloudians and win a few now those archtpes are dead why does konami keep bringing back the ghoasts of its past blue eyes dark magician red eyes buster blader acient gear abc is just a redesigned xyz why does konami keep brining these back. Why not add some support to other archtypes genex ally of juctice roids. It weird how 3 of the top decks in the game are just decks are blu eyes, heros, and xyz of all things. I know I sound like a hypeacrite but if I wanted to play these cards. I would have play them in video games back in the day not 15 years after they where first printed quit casing your own goast and make a new yugioh with new dominate cards. Not the same tired Poop with a new coat of paint. End rant

I believe its based off of popularity.
Evilfaic wrote:Just put Magician of Faith into MS Paint and color it black. Basically an Xyz.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 am

Oh seriously, you guys need to shut the fudge up about how this game is dead. So them adding new support to make old, fan favourite archetypes is bad for the game? Just because the game has evolved past, 'summon vanilla monster, end,' that doesn't make the game bad or dead. If you're unhappy with how the game has improved, then seriously, just stop playing.
X X

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:29 am

**yugioh is faster

What about people who never played the game wanting to use older stuffs? Not everyone was around 15 years ago
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right
Bye YCG, thanks for all the good times.

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Exactly what Astro boy and Melt boy said^^
Some people (like myself) prefer a more complicated amount of plays and deck styles.
Also just to be clear for the tenth time when I refer to YGO as dead, I'm talking about the dwindling popularity and playerbase. Idk how it is in other states/cities/countries, but here it's just gone, online it's taken a huge hit and idk there just seems to be less hype around it. There are still some forums even that are very active YGO forums. Not this one tho, this one has one foot in the grave. Not to say that in the future this forum and/or the game itself will be more popular again.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Well tbh I went to one of my old locals last saturday and the shop owner said they havent had a Yugioh Tournament in 6 months. Players came during thursday or friday night magic and then never showed up saturday.

In my area locals is starting to dwindle. We used to have at least 4 shops that did yugioh weekly now we have 1 that does it bi-weekly and the the amount of players going to play are drastically decreased. This is due to Yugioh not gaining newer players and older players having responsibilities. Yugioh as a game isnt dying its more of the community is leaving and dwindling. We are losing players faster than gaining them and that'll bring the downfall of the game as a whole. Ive even noticed the online community is becoming even more toxic now. You either play what everyone else is playing or youre bad. Creativity is looked down on and when a creative deck wins unless you're a well known person like mkohl40 or fat boii Hoban your deck will get credit when really you did the work. The online thing was inevitable but it creates more problems than help them. I play on Devpro and Ygopro for testing and whether its the server issue or my internet it'll conk out everytime I get 3 games played(I'm not the only one people lose connection quite frequently from what I read)

The prizes are trash, the judges are sketchy, the TCG Konami are doing a horrible job at what they do including the list, cards releases, and choices. The game isnt gunna die for a while id say maybe 2025 it'll die but so far it looks all down hill from here on.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:03 pm

ChaosDraGon00 wrote: Creativity is looked down on and when a creative deck wins unless you're a well known person like mkohl40 or fat boii Hoban your deck will get credit when really you did the work.
Dude check out youtubers like Alikaey or TheLastHuman they make stuff you'd never even dream of and have a decent sub count
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:The prizes are trash, the judges are sketchy, the TCG Konami are doing a horrible job at what they do including the list, cards releases, and choices. The game isnt gunna die for a while id say maybe 2025 it'll die but so far it looks all down hill from here on.
Whilst the game isn't dead now im p sure it'll die sooner than that. There are a decent amount of people that have stuck around but imo there's going to be so few BRAND NEW people joining the game, it's too complicated to jump in fresh right now.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right
Bye YCG, thanks for all the good times.

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:43 am

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:
ChaosDraGon00 wrote: Creativity is looked down on and when a creative deck wins unless you're a well known person like mkohl40 or fat boii Hoban your deck will get credit when really you did the work.
Dude check out youtubers like Alikaey or TheLastHuman they make stuff you'd never even dream of and have a decent sub count
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:The prizes are trash, the judges are sketchy, the TCG Konami are doing a horrible job at what they do including the list, cards releases, and choices. The game isnt gunna die for a while id say maybe 2025 it'll die but so far it looks all down hill from here on.
Whilst the game isn't dead now im p sure it'll die sooner than that. There are a decent amount of people that have stuck around but imo there's going to be so few BRAND NEW people joining the game, it's too complicated to jump in fresh right now.
Whats your estimate death date? I put 2025 simply because it wont last any longer and if it does I'll be shocked.

I'm subbed to a few yugitubers that do awesome creative deck profiles. I'll give them a look. Thanks for the recommendations :)
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 am

you're dead!!!!!
:oops: