What is casual to you?

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

What is casual to you?

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I have to ask, as I've been trying to play more again, but since I'm
nowhere near good enough to be competitive, I always try to play casually.
Problem is, my definition of "casual" seems to be drastically different to other duelists.
To me, "casual" decks are defined by being fun, even if they aren't that great.
Something to play with friends just to see what you can do.
However, to a lot of players, it seems "casual" means "play a hardcore deck anyway because this deck isn't up to the minute meta."
Anything that won't win the tournaments this week seems to be casual, apparently, but what fun is that?
In an online environment where you can have every single card for free, what is casual about bringing the best version
of your favorite theme ever?

Does anyone else besides me try out funky combinations for fun?
Sure, 90% of the decks I'm playing are Blue-Eyes Decks, but they aren't your neighbor's Blue-Eyes.
The one I just built was a serious attempt at a Magician Girl Blue-Eyes. (Codename: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun).
Seriously.
Now THAT is casual.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: What is casual to you?

Post by jwestbro11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm

I do when I play. Causal is always a difficult word to describe in any competitive game. When I often find people who make 60 card obamnations of just cheap and feel bad for playing vanilla pendulum a deck that would get destroryed by any real psdo competitive deck. The word competitive just has no real meaning. You could fight black wings or aitsu beat all are causal just we mean completely different things.

Maybe you should just change the vocabulary or be more specific when writing the message
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: What is casual to you?

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:02 pm

The problem is that, like you're saying, the terms are too subjective.
A lot of times I do list my duels as "Casual FUN Decks Only" and the such, but get crushed.
And, yeah, I'm sure some of it is my fault for not being good, but players can be cut throat.
Even when I have no cards on the field and a handful of LP remaining where a single attack
from a monster they already have would finish me, people still need to play their turn as
though it's a tournament match and Summon as much as possible and use every effect.
All this stuff they do their last turn when that 1200 ATK beatstick they had out would suffice.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!