Welcome New Members!

We encourage you to register and participate in our Yu-Gi-Oh forums. You'll have a lot more fun if you're active, guaranteed!

Please note: WE WILL IMMEDIATELY DELETE SPAM and spammer accounts. Do not advertise other sites w/o prior permission.

how long you been playing?

just started!
10%
its been a few weeks since i started
7%
i've been playing for a few months now
10%
been playing for a year, yay!
6%
i've been into Yu-Gi-Oh! for quite a few years
35%
Yu-Gi-Oh! has been played by me since the very start!
30%
i don't play any more...but i want to help players who are finding difficulty in this game
2%

Total votes: 592

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Hi there

Post by sgtc1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 am

Mamerto Mogollon wrote:Well I apologize for that. If the staff would be so kind to move the thread... thanks.
Hi person! Welcome! Lol, anyway, welcome to YCG, have fun and enjoy your stay here. ;)
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Mamerto Mogollon
Common Duelist

Re: Welcome New Members!

Post by Mamerto Mogollon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:38 am

MysticJhn wrote:The staff is so kind, and you're now inside the proper topic.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you :)
Rowwdy Yisb wrote: Yo dude

There are DN/DevPro threads in the Yugioh online section, feel free to add anyone here :)
I will make sure to do so, thanks!
sgtc1 wrote: Hi person! Welcome! Lol, anyway, welcome to YCG, have fun and enjoy your stay here. ;)
Thank you sir!

Seriss2012
Common Duelist

Post by Seriss2012 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey guys, how's it going? Name's Seriss, and I've been playing, on and off, since around 2006-ish, but have been watching the anime in the US since the first season in Duelist Kingdom. It got me hooked. I've played almost exclusively the electronic games, starting with 7 trials to glory on the GBA. Didn't have many friends who were into this, so electronic games were the only way I had to play it.

I've loved the lore, the melodrama of the anime, the sheer variety of cards and strategies, though I tend to be a beatdown or turtle tribute deck player myself.

Just started playing Yu-gi-oh Legacy of the Duelist on PC. So far, I am really enjoying myself.

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 am

I am really surprised to see all these new members.

I joined maybe a month ago and have been posting some random questions with very appreciated feedback.

My name is Troy, i am 21, American. I collected as a kid but never really played properly. Two summers ago i began to sell my yugioh cards on ebay and I made sure to sell my Dark Paladin first, my most expensive and beloved card. I knew if I got rid of him first I wouldn't feel as attached to the collection. After selling it, the buyer sent it back to me claiming there was a small dent on the back of the card. I took it as a sign and nostalgia took over.

I have build decks based on the characters from the first series anime and duel with my friends and roommates. For instance I have a deck for Yugi, Kaiba, Joey and paradox/pegasus from duelist kingdom. I made decks for yugi, kaiba, joey and marik from the second and third seasons. Decks for yugi and kaiba from the fourth and fifth seasons. And recently decks based on yugi and kaiba from the new movie with all their crazy support cards. I am currently working a deck for all three egyptian gods and a rival deck for the three level 12 fusion dragons. None of the decks are competitive for tournaments but they all are function against each other very fairly. My love for Yugioh stems from the ridiculousness of the anime and now I love sharing that with friends and people who used to love the show but haven't kept up with the card game -- often in the form of drinking games. Collecting and building the decks has been tremendous fun and so has been dueling among friends.

The only deck I have made for me, not for tournament play just for fun (although a tournament would be fun, I dont know where or how to enter one), is a monarch deck. Though I am working on a felgrand dragon deck as well. These decks are made to rival my friend, the only one who enjoys yugioh like I do, he runs a warrior/arcana knight joker deck with lots of negate summon and negate activation traps.

I joined this site so I could have a credible community answer questions that come up in the deck building and dueling process. It's been helpful so far for sure. I offer no competitive knowledge but can certainly answer beginner questions.

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Post by Raphaelsia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Raphaelsia, but you can call me Raven or Ray-Ray as that's my irl name.
And Yes, I'm a female. But married with twin boys & a girl on the way. (Down boyz)

I've been playing the game since who knows when. Probably since I pulled my LOB 1st Dark Magician out of my very first booster pack. (Followed by I think was Gaia the Dragon Champion) I've played off and on throughout the years. Mostly had just played up until GX started and didn't start again until after a month of Zexal. I've been in two or three regionals, but I admit I've never gotten very far. :lol:

I play mostly the un-ethical or un-logical of decks in competitive play as I've had to scrounge around for the cards I have now. But I will say, my user name is a pun off of "Traptrix Raffelsia" and Raphael from TMNT. (love that show and so do my kids) Traptrix became my favorites among the yugioh world and I have a Poop ton of Traptrix cards at my disposal to use for different deck varients. Not joking either, I have about 15 1st Ed. Raffelsia and about 20+ Unlimited. (I guess you can call me Cray-Cray too)

But other than that, I do play Shaddoll & Harpie varients. My current Shaddoll deck is actually a Subterror Ritual varient. But my Harpie's I haven't touched that much since I lost Tempest. (The only 1 D-Ruler I wanted to keep off the ban list)

Other than Yugioh though, I love anime, pokemon, music, and food. You'd probably figure all that out once you get to know me though, I hope I can make some friends here. Last place I was at wasn't so forgiving on my yugioh opinions, or my privacy about being "married". *Glares at Pojo*
Signature created by: Raphaelsia

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Raphaelsia wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm
*Glares at Pojo*
Yeah, they don't hold back at all ^^ All of us here are pretty chilled out but don't expect the storm of posts you get at Pojo

We have a good anime threads, better pokemon threads and I swear we do have a food thread somewhere ^^

Anyways, Welcome to the YCG!
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Post by Raphaelsia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm

dracostrike wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm
Raphaelsia wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm
*Glares at Pojo*
Yeah, they don't hold back at all ^^ All of us here are pretty chilled out but don't expect the storm of posts you get at Pojo

We have a good anime threads, better pokemon threads and I swear we do have a food thread somewhere ^^

Anyways, Welcome to the YCG!
Thank you Draco <3
Signature created by: Raphaelsia

Dragon in the Vapor
Common Duelist

Uh...Hi

Post by Dragon in the Vapor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm

First of all my apologies if this is being posted in the wrong place. Didn't see a welcome forum.

Name is Dragon in the Vapor and I'm a vaping duelist...Or a dueling vaper depending on how you like to view it. Been playing since LoB. My preference tends to run towards pure arch-types. Meaning if given the option I will only run monsters for a given arch-type. I find it more fun to play that way. I am more flexible with Spells, Traps and the extra deck. Not a big fan of Links, but I have chosen to keep an open mind on them. I currently run a multitude of decks including Cyber Dragon, Cyberdark, Red-Eyes, Dark Magician and a Yusei based synchro deck to name a few.

Other than Yu-gi-oh my hobbies include DIY vaping stuff (coil building, e-liquid mixing ect.) and reading. I use to write articles (thinking about starting that up again) and draw. Not much else to say. Currently unemployed. Lost my job of seven years when the store closed. We were suppose to be safe for the time being, but the landlord wanted to lease out to a different store. Haven't seen them move in yet, so I wonder if they decided to back out of the deal. I have two cats, both are Siamese. My older cat is a blue point named Sara Lee and is 23 years old. The younger one is about 20 weeks old, more of a lilac and is named Kara Li. Don't ask. And yes it is confusing having virtually identical cats with extremely similar names.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome, Dragon in the Vapor.
The section you had posted your new user message was in the wrong place, although you can see I've moved it to the right place.
No worries. :)
We have no welcome forum, just this thread in general.

I am going to ask you to refrain from vape discussions here, as we like to maintain a child friendly environment here.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Dragon in the Vapor
Common Duelist

Post by Dragon in the Vapor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

I understand completely. Personally I tend to avoid the topic (and vaping in general) when children are present. I only brought it up because it's the origin of my user name.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 pm

It's alright, just giving you a heads up since you're new.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Welcome Vapor to the forum ^^

Feel free to post decks and topics :)
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Harpie King
Common Duelist

Post by Harpie King » Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Hey! I've been dueling since second grade, which is quite some years now. I was introduced to it by my cousin, and I've been nonstop since. I run a Harpie/ Red-Eyes deck right now, and it works surprisingly well. Any questions on Harpies, I'm the person to ask. I've been using this sight for quite some time to build decks, and just yesterday I joined the forum. Any deck advice, contact me!

Davb2
Common Duelist

Post by Davb2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi my name is D.S. i have 17/18 years (how fu** ...) Btw i like Yu-Gi-Oh xD i came back to collecting cards arround 2 months ago. I have a poor Little collection but i like talk abaut that.