Side deck guide October 2014

Check out these very helpful guides, written by YCG Forum's very own members.
arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Side deck guide October 2014

Post by arkain07 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 pm

So we all know the current meta consist of Shaddll's, Burning Abyss, and Satellarknight's. This will be a guide to show you what to side against those decks that are topping the Meta.

Shaddolls really a lot on grave abuse as well as their ability to control the field. They often put down lock out combos and run boss monsters to troll the game. Popular cards to main a side against this deck are:

1. Shadow imprisoning Mirror. (Cards allows you to stop none continues effects of dark monsters both on the field and in the graveyard.

2. Vanity's Emptiness (This card allows you to stall in the game. When your opponent activates cards like Shaddoll Fusion and Artifact Sanctum, you can chain this card to it to stop their plays for a turn. which comes in handy against them.)

3. D.D. Crow (with monsters that special summon themselves from the graveyard like Falco or Felis you can chain this card to it in order to stop them from coming back. It also works if you hit their artifacts which can be a double wammy in the match up.)

4. Mind Crush (With the search engine of Hedgehog you can abuse this card to gain a free look at your opponents hand and tank their Fusion card which can also help you out even if you call it wrong and gain an advantage by discarding one of your own cards and gain their effects or force them to pitch a card early in order to gain an early advantage wit one of your cards that go off in the graveyard.)

5. Soul Drain (not able to stop their field effects but force their monsters into an early grave and they often can play around this easier than shadow-imprisoning mirror.)

6. Macro Cosmos (so not only do they lose their cards to another dimension they lose their effects and also hurts their fusions like El Shaddoll Winda and this card also gets rid of Shaddoll Fusion before it hits the graveyard so this cards has quickly become one of my favorite adds to run against them.)

7. Dimensional Fissure (Same as Macro but they gets to keep their spell cards.)

Burning Abyss

They also run off of heavy grave abuse with the ability to swarm the field early. They have multiple ways to add cards back to their hand from both the graveyard and the field. Run heavily off of grave effects like Shaddoll's do. An play a lot of trap cards. If you do play them I do not recommend running continuous spell and traps so that you can abuse their effect to special summon from hand to make monarch plays when you have to.

So just like Shaddoll's Soul Drain, Shaddow Imprioning Mirror, Macro, and Dimensional Fissure hurt this deck a lot.

2. Royal Decree (They run a lot of trap cards so this card just shuts that deck out and makes their play style a lot slower and force them into more a defensive play style.)

3. Maxx 'C' (So recently been siding this in against them to gain hand advantage over them playing cards like Tour Guide which gives me up to 2 sometimes 3 draws. Once they Play Tour Guide its usually they are going to special summon at least twice so that they can set up their plays next turn. And if they go into Downerd you get a 3rd due to the fact they don't want Dante to get compulsory evacuation device back to the extras deck.)

4. D.D. Crow (Since they play cards with grave abuse you can make their effects miss off of Cir just like with to keep them from recycling or banishing the Scarm.)

5. Chain Disappearance (Not a big fan of this card due to the fact they have ways around it and if they already have their graveyard set up its kind of a dead card at that point because they can still use cards like Cir and their trap card to bring them all back.)

6. Vanity's Emptiness (Stops their tour guide plays.)

7. And the Band Played on (if you can afford to play this card I recommend that you do. Its stops their plays with Graf any Cir off of Mathematician and also stops their Tour Guide plays.)

Satellar's

This deck rely's on heavy swarming as well as searching and spamming grave abuse.

I often side into Maxx 'C' and And The Band Played on here as well. Mind Drain due to all the decks search power. Vanity's Emptiness.

Only card I haven't already listed on on of the other 2 is Light imprisoning mirror which does the same as shadow imprisoning mirror except for light monsters only.

the only deck i don't think i have listed in the previous side deck guides is Yang Zing.

Relies on the graveyard just like Burning Abyss and Shaddoll's so Soul Drain, Macro, and Dimensional Fissure work here as well. Also they tend to swarm so Maxx 'C' does good here as well. Also D.D. Crow works for their Plague Spreader Zombie card. Also with special summoning a lot Vanity's works here as well.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Side deck guide October 2014

Post by Zanrith » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 pm

You forgot to mention Mistake, which is good against pretty much every deck out there right now.
insert clever signature here

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:42 pm

This isn't really a guide, it's more or less just a list of cards.

It should look something like this: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=28963858
Those threads are probably one of the only things that are good about Pojo.

Also, you're missing Stygian Dirge.
X X

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:27 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:This isn't really a guide, it's more or less just a list of cards.

It should look something like this: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=28963858
Those threads are probably one of the only things that are good about Pojo.

Also, you're missing Stygian Dirge.
Kk. get what you are saying but i am also explain as of why to use these cards.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon